Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 27-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Cherub T

Jewellery Making

Hi, I've always liked crystals being made into rings, pendants and so on. I'm feeling drawn to making my own. I've never done anything like this before. I wondered if anyone has any experience or tips?

I think it would be wonderful to be really creative and kind of shut off in a relaxing state as you create one off pieces. I'm looking into classes at the moment to get me started.
Old 27-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Jules

are you on facebook cherub? if so pm me your real name and I'll add you and pass you onto a friend of mine who does that exact thing. I'm sure she'll give you tips or point you in the right direction :) Jue x
Old 28-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Master
I don't make jewelry anymore (not unless I have to) but since this is the jewelry making thread, I will say that I provide the jewelry making industry (individual artists mostly, but some manufacturers as well) with custom metal-part making services.

But for crystals, the easy , no-experience-required approach is wire wrapping .Precious Metal Clay (PMC ) is also easy to get started with , but requires a kiln for firing . Check Ganoksin.com for tons and tons of info and links about jewelry making. Have fun !

Dar
Old 29-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Cherub T

Thanks Dar for the info. I truly feel drawn to it. It might not be my thing, but I'll give it a go. I've been interested in crystals since i was a kid, so it would be lovely to have them used in my future creations. I can only try! lol x
Old 29-01-2011, 04:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub T
Thanks Dar for the info. I truly feel drawn to it. It might not be my thing, but I'll give it a go. I've been interested in crystals since i was a kid, so it would be lovely to have them used in my future creations. I can only try! lol x

crystals are a great way to have fun with it . I burned out doing production work at a bench for years in sweatshops , and never did any significant work with crystals ; just a teensy bit of silversmithing for them . but with them you've got an automatically interesting and attractive component to design around.

D
Old 29-01-2011, 10:55 AM
chinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub T
Hi, I've always liked crystals being made into rings, pendants and so on. I'm feeling drawn to making my own. I've never done anything like this before. I wondered if anyone has any experience or tips?

I think it would be wonderful to be really creative and kind of shut off in a relaxing state as you create one off pieces. I'm looking into classes at the moment to get me started.
Am a jewellery manufacturer specially gem stone jewellery, What kind of tips do you want ?

_/\_
Chinu
Old 02-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Cherub T

Aw wow, really about the best way to learn. I was thinking about taking a few classes. Also any sites or books that are useful yo look at?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Medium_Laura

you tube! :) I learn all my wire wrapping on there :)
Old 02-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Kapitan_Prien

That's cool Cherub. That'd be something rather fun to do...could even work with gemstone beads too. :)
Old 03-02-2011, 01:11 AM
iolite

http://www.firemountaingem.com has lots of tutorials on jewelry making!!!