Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-01-2013, 02:15 PM
xaipete11

Buddhic Ray

Can anyone here tell me about the Buddhic ray?
Old 27-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Animus27

It's a infrared laser that turns the subject into a Buddha! Nah, I have no clue, actually. It sounds like something to do with celestial Buddhas or along those lines. Got any more information on it? Such as the context it's used in? Googling it didn't offer much help.
Old 28-01-2013, 12:35 AM
sahaja

Quote:
Animus27
1-27-2013, 01:38 PM
It's a infrared laser that turns the subject into a Buddha!

Great idea! Do they sell them on ebay? I could shoot myself. Or do the bodhisattvic thing and shoot others.

Seriously, i've never heard of Buddhic ray either. Does it have anything to do with Buddhism? Lots of times i google Buddhist terms and up comes songs, rock bands, tech companies, or clothing lines. It could be anything.
Old 28-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Ascender
The violet-ray body may perhaps be understood as what you might call the Buddha body or that body which is complete.

The violet-ray or Buddhic body is of equal efficacy to the healer for within it lies a sense of wholeness which is extremely close to unity with all that there is.

Just for fun:
If you ever experience being hit by the Buddhic ray you will gain about 10 kilos and begin to smile allot just as the statue of buddha..

yours

A Peaceful Mind

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 28-01-2013, 07:12 AM
sahaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by A peaceful mind.
1-28-2013, 06:00 PM, Post #4

The violet-ray body may perhaps be understood as what you might call the Buddha body or that body which is complete.

The violet-ray or Buddhic body is of equal efficacy to the healer for within it lies a sense of wholeness which is extremely close to unity with all that there is.

What's that from? New Age Buddhism?
Old 28-01-2013, 12:36 PM
xaipete11

From what little I have found on the term I assume it has something to do with a Bhodisattva. I found the following quote: "When a man, a human being, has reached the point where his ego becomes conscious, fully so, of its inner divinity, becomes clothed with the buddhic ray."

Was hoping someone else might know more.
Old 28-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Mind's Eye

Some New Agers come up with a "Ray" for everything. I think it's kind of silly.
Old 28-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaipete11
Can anyone here tell me about the Buddhic ray?

Sorry, I've never heard of it and I've been a Buddhist for many years.

Take my advice and investigate what the historical Buddha actually taught - such as the Four Noble Truths. (See link below)

http://www.buddhanet.net/4noble.htm

with kind wishes

S
Old 28-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
It's a infrared laser that turns the subject into a Buddha!
Ha ha.

Quote:
"When a man, a human being, has reached the point where his ego becomes conscious, fully so, of its inner divinity, becomes clothed with the buddhic ray."
No idea, sorry.
The only thing I can think of is to break it down semantically, so radiating or emitting pure qualities from every aspect/pore of being.(?) Like what happens when one removes all defilements. Did I get that right? I'm a noob, sorry.
Old 28-01-2013, 06:21 PM
sahaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaipete11
1-28-2013, 05:36 AM, Post #6

From what little I have found on the term I assume it has something to do with a Bhodisattva. I found the following quote: "When a man, a human being, has reached the point where his ego becomes conscious, fully so, of its inner divinity, becomes clothed with the buddhic ray."

Do you happen to know the source of the quote? Is it from a bona fide Buddhist site or teacher? There are many out there who would tell you all about Buddhism who haven't a clue about it. There are problems with the statement. It's a very non-Buddhist way of putting it and i think, pretty far off. It looks all wrong. Divinity can be misleading.It is connected usually with a godhead in some form. Although deities are mentioned often in connection with Buddhism, they are NOT GODS. Remember, Buddhism is atheistic. A Great Bodhisattva has no Self, no ego, and many of them have never been human. They existed long before humankind and will long after humans become extinct. The existence span of the human species is but a blink of an eye to them.That doesn't mean that a human isn't capable of 'becoming' a bodhisattva. And there are probably different levels of 'bodhisattvahood'. I'm speaking of the great ones here like Avalokiteshvara or Vajrapani.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Tricycle:

A BODHISATTVA IS an ordinary person who takes up a course in his or her life that moves in the direction of buddha. You're a bodhisattva, I'm a bodhisattva; actually, anyone who directs their attention, their life, to practicing the way of life of a buddha is a bodhisattva. We read about KannonBosatsu (Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva) or MonjuBosatsu (Manjushri Bodhisattva), and these are great bodhisattvas, but we, too, have to have confidence or faith that we are also bodhisattvas.
http://www.tricycle.com/new-buddhism...at-bodhisattva
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which disgustingly reduces the term/title to meaninglessness. There are lots of definitions of Bodhisattva out there. The more i know, see of a Bodhisattva, the less i can define it.

That said, i'm far from expert on everything Buddhist or Dzogchen either. I do, however, have some experience with the deeper end of Dzogchen and have a real teacher. I still feel the quote is a bit of New Age fluff.

Now as for the word ray as in ray of light, that's been used within my sangha. Our teacher once mentioned that that the rays of light emanating from lamas have been mistaken for wings and people think they are angels. I have seen rays of light emanating from a Bodhisattva during an initiation process. When i look at our teacher there is a glow about him and i have seen rays of light emanating from him at times during a teaching. I just remembered a practice involving visualizing Buddhas emanating a ray of different colors of light.