Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 15-05-2012, 12:21 AM
wildflower57

I Ching!

Would anyone like to shed some light on the topic?
Old yin and yang confuse me...
Old 15-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

Yin is light, like the sun. Yang is night, like the moon.

When all things are aligned, Yin is yin and yang is yang.
Old 16-05-2012, 12:59 AM
wildflower57

I wrote a very significant short story about a grasshopper I met.
Old 16-05-2012, 03:05 AM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

I looked into the eye of a grasshopper once, and it looked like it was a million years old. It's soul looked trapped in stone, and it looked sad.
Old 16-05-2012, 03:45 AM
Clear

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower57
I wrote a very significant short story about a grasshopper I met.
Care to share? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr4ssh0pp3r
I looked into the eye of a grasshopper once, and it looked like it was a million years old. It's soul looked trapped in stone, and it looked sad.
Really? how can you tell such a thing by looking into its eyes?
Old 16-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear

Really? how can you tell such a thing by looking into its eyes?

It is simply what I saw.
Old 17-05-2012, 02:31 AM
wildflower57

[quote=Clear]Care to share? :)
Well I don't know where it is...but I'll try to remember the gist of it.
I was sitting on a chair outside enjoying the sun when I looked down and saw a grasshopper on the table in front of me.
He looked as if he wanted to jump to me, rocking back and forth as if he was trying to muster up some courage. "Why won't you jump grasshopper?" I asked.
He turned and there I saw his missing jumping leg. He turned back to me.
"I see your problem now. The other grasshoppers probably look at you and know all that you're missing out on
as they jump from place to place. They get there so fast and the laugh as they pass you up. But they don't see
the beauty you see along the way so you're not missing out on much, but they are"

I wrote the story as it was happening so naturaly me trying to sum it up doesn't even compair to the original.
Old 17-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Clear

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower57
Well I don't know where it is...but I'll try to remember the gist of it.
I was sitting on a chair outside enjoying the sun when I looked down and saw a grasshopper on the table in front of me.
He looked as if he wanted to jump to me, rocking back and forth as if he was trying to muster up some courage. "Why won't you jump grasshopper?" I asked.
He turned and there I saw his missing jumping leg. He turned back to me.
"I see your problem now. The other grasshoppers probably look at you and know all that you're missing out on
as they jump from place to place. They get there so fast and the laugh as they pass you up. But they don't see
the beauty you see along the way so you're not missing out on much, but they are"

I wrote the story as it was happening so naturaly me trying to sum it up doesn't even compair to the original.

That is a very wise story actually I can relate to that quiet a lot.
In primary school I didn't read I drew pictures... as other children was competing trying to get the highest reading level... I was more into opening the books and admiring the pictures.
Old 17-05-2012, 03:46 AM
wildflower57

Thank you. I've always been a visionary. Getting my visions out any artistic way possible. Its the only way its in a form where even unaccepting minds can at least
appreciate it as pretty sounding blasphemy.
Old 17-05-2012, 03:56 AM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

The grasshopper of which I spoke also had only one jumping leg.