Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-07-2021, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
It seems for those who have difficulty with kundalini, that in the majority of cases, it is because the kundalini raising gets stuck in a blockage in the solar plexus chakra. 'Psychologically' it could be expressed by the fear of the ego merging and dissolving with the Self in the heart chakra.
Yep, I've definitely found this to be the case in my own experience, I've had a very dense, very stubborn blockage in my solar plexus, and dissolving it has been extremely challenging. I notice it seems to be connected to a feeling of deep grief, too, though I'm still not sure what that grief relates to exactly.

Anyway, thanks for the info, it's very helpful
Old 25-07-2021, 03:38 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Edit: I recall Shivani Devi complaining loudly about the deep trauma caused by a blocked throat chakra. That’s putting it mildly. She really suffered.[/color]

Shivani Devi is an exception to this world, such an old soul...

Edit: My intuition for the throat chakra of Shivani being closed is that it was a form a protection for her. Her psychic abilities being so strong, the throat chakra protected her from manifesting all her thoughts into the world, until she finds a way to balance her emotions. It is a great responsibility for such a powerful being.

To bad she is not here anymore. I would love to hear from her what she thinks about what I just wrote.

Antoine

Last edited by Legrand : 25-07-2021 at 05:11 PM.
Old 25-07-2021, 06:41 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Yep, I've definitely found this to be the case in my own experience, I've had a very dense, very stubborn blockage in my solar plexus, and dissolving it has been extremely challenging. I notice it seems to be connected to a feeling of deep grief, too, though I'm still not sure what that grief relates to exactly.

Anyway, thanks for the info, it's very helpful

Just sharing personal experiences as you do Human Being.

I always enjoy reading your posts.

As when our physical body dies, their can be a grief in changing the centre of our consciousness for that of our soul.

Antoine
Old 25-07-2021, 10:14 PM
Master
Bless you, Antoine, you're very kind - and likewise, I always enjoy your posts, too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
As when our physical body dies, their can be a grief in changing the centre of our consciousness for that of our soul.
Interesting! I'm intrigued by that idea, could you elaborate a little please?
Old 26-07-2021, 06:48 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Interesting! I'm intrigued by that idea, could you elaborate a little please?

For a majority, being cough all their life in a constant pattern of thoughts, when they die, they do not approach the Light (as described by some coming back from NDE). Those people staying caught in those constant thought patterns even after death, become like shadows to this world, constantly reliving one or some experience of their now past live. There is a form of grief there.

Same goes for the trace of ego left when glimpse of the loving light of the Self are seen. There is still traces of the constructed social self that grief from dissolving in the Self.
Old 26-07-2021, 10:06 PM
Master
^^Wow, interesting - thanks for elaborating
Old 13-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Master

The Tree of Life

I have long thought that the Tree of Life archetype in the Garden of Eden story was symbolic of the Human energetic system, whilst the Serpent was an obvious reference to Kundalini in some manner. Although my interpretation differs slightly, I nevertheless found this exposition by Paramahamsa Yogananda from “Autobiography of a Yogi” pretty instructive.

"The Adam and Eve story is incomprehensible to me!" I observed with considerable heat
one day in my early struggles with the allegory. "Why did God punish not only the guilty
pair, but also the innocent unborn generations?"

Master was more amused by my vehemence than my ignorance. "Genesis is deeply sym-
bolic, and cannot be grasped by a literal interpretation," he explained. "Its 'tree of life' is
the human body. The spinal cord is like an upturned tree, with man's hair as its roots, and
afferent and efferent nerves as branches. The tree of the nervous system bears many
enjoyable fruits, or sensations of sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. In these, man may
rightfully indulge; but he was forbidden the experience of sex, the 'apple' at the center of
the bodily garden. ¹⁶-¹⁴

"The 'serpent' represents the coiled-up spinal energy which stimulates the sex nerves.
'Adam' is reason, and 'Eve' is feeling. When the emotion or Eve-consciousness in any
human being is overpowered by the sex impulse, his reason or Adam also succumbs.
"God created the human species by materializing the bodies of man and woman through
the force of His will; He endowed the new species with the power to create children in a
similar 'immaculate' or divine manner. ¹⁶-¹⁶ Because His manifestation in the individ-
ualized soul had hitherto been limited to animals, instinct-bound and lacking the poten-
tialities of full reason, God made the first human bodies, symbolically called Adam and
Eve. To these, for advantageous upward evolution, He transferred the souls or divine
essence of two animals. ¹⁶-¹⁷ In Adam or man, reason predominated; in Eve or woman,
feeling was ascendant. Thus was expressed the duality or polarity which underlies the phe-
nomenal worlds. Reason and feeling remain in a heaven of cooperative joy so long as the
human mind is not tricked by the serpentine energy of animal propensities.

"The human body was therefore not solely a result of evolution from beasts, but was pro-
duced by an act of special creation by God. The animal forms were too crude to express
full divinity; the human being was uniquely given a tremendous mental capacity-the 'thou-
sand-petaled lotus' of the brain-as well as acutely awakened occult centers in the spine.
"God, or the Divine Consciousness present within the first created pair, counseled them
to enjoy all human sensibilities, but not to put their concentration on touch sensations.
¹⁶-¹⁸ These were banned in order to avoid the development of the sex organs, which would
enmesh humanity in the inferior animal method of propagation. The warning not to revive subconsciously-present bestial memories was not heeded. Resuming the way of brute
procreation, Adam and Eve fell from the state of heavenly joy natural to the original perfect
man.

"Knowledge of 'good and evil' refers to the cosmic dualistic compulsion. Falling under the
sway of maya through misuse of his feeling and reason, or Eve-and Adam-consciousness,
man relinquishes his right to enter the heavenly garden of divine self- sufficiency. ¹⁶-¹⁹ The
personal responsibility of every human being is to restore his 'parents' or dual nature to a
unified harmony or Eden."

As Sri Yukteswar ended his discourse, I glanced with new respect at the pages of Genesis .
"Dear Master," I said, "for the first time I feel a proper filial obligation toward Adam and
Eve!"
Old 13-08-2021, 10:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for sharing NoOne!

Thinking of reading through the adam and eve story.

some thoughts

Everything becomes resolved from the love of god. Some how in the liifetimes of struggles we come back to the love of god purified of the pains and sufferings but with the experience of the journey. Not that the love of god requires experience as it is and has always been home. The question is always why? Maybe the question should be why not?

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 14-08-2021, 02:38 AM
Master
Great insight, NoOne!

In the kaula path of Tantra, or is it kula … one of these being the aghoris and the other, the householder … anyway, in this path, the essence of it is that God alone being the all, there are no impurities and thereby, each earth entity engages in celebration, in an aspect of surrender. Moment to moment, breath by breath.

Thus, sex too is engaged in, with full gusto, melding into the union, as an offering to God. Like wise for everything else … the cappuccino, the perfume of flowers …

On the surface, most people would draw back in horror at the seemingly lustful acts performed by aghoris but looking deeper at the basis for doing so, they embrace rather than negate life fully, without conditioning or preconceived notions, in childlike innocence.

The obvious catch of course is that it is an extremely difficult path, simply uprooting all belief systems in a single brutal sweep of finality. Thus not for everyone. Many lose focus on obtaining intermediate ‘powers’.

With intent of entity merged with, one with, intent of God, what impurities remain? What desires remain? What separateness remains?

Musings …
Old 20-08-2021, 04:45 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
The Tree of Life

I have long thought that the Tree of Life archetype in the Garden of Eden story was symbolic of the Human energetic system, whilst the Serpent was an obvious reference to Kundalini in some manner. Although my interpretation differs slightly, I nevertheless found this exposition by Paramahamsa Yogananda from “Autobiography of a Yogi” pretty instructive.

Hello NoOne,

If you find time, I would be interested to hear your personal interpretation of this story. Even if you are me in some way

Antoine