Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 23-09-2019, 03:51 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

When I was a teenager I had ADD took aderal. Made me feel very speedy and speed totally changes my personality as well, just didn't like it.

Now years down the road after college and I'm working a job below my abilities mainly because it doesn't require focus I feel like I'm going to go crazy sitting 8 hours at a desk starting at excel sheets which were my job before I took my now slacker job.

I was considering getting back on ADD meds but really don't wanna be dependent on speed. Wondering if there are any natural remedies for ADD.

Also looking for something for anxiety. Anyone tried taking passionflower
Old 23-09-2019, 03:52 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

control severe anxiety

How about magnesium citrate for anxiety? Or Calm, it's a magnesium drink. Also, L-Theanine is
supposed to help with anxiety. Also heard Fish Oil helps. and one more is 5-HTP.. Hope you find
some of this help!

Green chili
Old 23-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

good eating habit

As for the anxiety, I've found that alleviating the symptoms of ADHD can help with that quite a lot. I've noticed that much of my own anxiety is due to worrying about what I've left undone, worrying about the folks I've let down due to my procrastination, and not being able to find work that matches my education level.

I'm rambling so I'll boil it down:

1. Eat clean and green and lower carb, with sugar down as low as you can get it and still wish to live. Shoot for 35 gms of fiber per day and eat as many veggies as you can stuff in.
2. Get all your vitamins by taking a daily multi plus added B, D, Ca/Mg/Zinc, fish oil and probiotics plus some antioxidants. I switch these around and will take coQ10 for a few weeks and ALA for a few more. Too expensive to take them all, all the time.
3. When you get strong, try the elimination diet for 6 weeks and see how you do. I'm still getting psyched up for this and I'll check in later and let you all know how it went. If you have depression, autism, or alzheimer's it would also be worth a try.
4. While doing the elimination diet, heal the gut by taking glutamine first thing in the am and really high quality probiotics during the day whenever you get hungry. I like the Garden of Life ones with HSO's.
5. Coffee and green tea are fine and beneficial for those with ADHD but don't overdo them or the anxiety level will shoot up.
6. Try the tyrosine--it works almost as well as adderall for me, or in my case as a booster since I still take adderall.
7. Use turmeric to keep down inflammation--you can get it in pill form or you can learn to cook healthy foods with it.

Anyway, I've not completed my own program yet so can't say yet whether I'll be able to get off meds, but I know that I'm thinking more clearly already, even w/o the elimination phase completed. Everything else I've done and all seem to help. The clearest I ever got w/o meds was during the Atkins diet and I wonder if that's b/c I wasn't getting gluten. We'll see. This is all a distillation of all of the reading I've done for the past few weeks though so take it for what it's worth. The fact is that we just can't eat like everyone else does, but maybe that's a good thing.
Old 23-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

anxiety AgoraFear Relief

Have you tried this product for anxiety AgoraFear Relief™ - Remedy for Agoraphobia to Stop Anxiety & Fears this is homeopathic medicine made with natural ingredients.
Old 23-09-2019, 03:57 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

kratom

I find kratom to be an excellent remedy for minor anxiety. In my system, it is also a mood enhancer.
Old 23-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

health problems

Well, I'm not sick but I do have a lot of minor health problems. I remember that the clearest I ever was in my head was when I did the Atkins diet once and maybe that's because I wasn't eating any gluten. Yeah, I really need to get on this but I have a big family thing coming up at the end of the month for a week and I'm doing most of the cooking and they will want my bread and pie. Then I'll do it.
Old 23-09-2019, 04:01 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

indian food some cure

I have gotten aware of inflammation lately and that was also mentioned in the book. If you have inflammation then it can really affect your brain and your overall health in a very negative way. Turmeric is the spice that is most helpful for keeping it down and I read that even if you only consume it rarely it's still helpful. I love indian food and I've been trying to cook more Asian foods to prep for my elimination diet, since Asian foods are naturally low in gluten and dairy. This is supposed to also help to prevent cancer, heart disease, and alzheimer's.
Old 23-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Green tea…

I’ve found l theanine to be very helpful for temporary anxiety relief… I started getting drowsy from it lately but it helps at times… It is an extract from green tea… Great stuff
Old 23-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

avoid, like sugar, coffee, soda pop

Not so much what you take right now in the natural side, but what to avoid, like sugar, coffee, soda pop etc will keep you calmer not using stimulants.
Old 23-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Be careful with some natural remedies

Be careful with the natural remedies, than can interefere with the meds and cause serious reactions. Research and/or ask your pdoc before taking anything.