Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-05-2021, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
That can be the case for sure but I dare say that some may suggest the experience of beyond the physical as not being a dream .

I think there are many notions had that are wrapped up as a realisation .
Is there a beyond physical/material at all though, is it all in their minds? Or is the physical/material and the non-physical/non-material one and the same, people are just not seeing/realizing them as being one and the same rationally and objectively outside of themselves?

Another way to put it is that the physical/material occupied space exists inside the non-physical/non-material unoccupied space. People see that the occupied space of physical/material universe never ends and come to conclusions based on that and base beliefs on that. While there is non-physical/non-material unoccupied space whereever there is no physical/material occupies space, including in front of your face.

The physical/material occupied space and the non-physical/non-material unoccupied space are one and the same space (as they both take up space). One is simply occupied space and the other is simply unoccupied space.

Does the space that is between death and birth take place in the non-physical/non-material unoccupied space.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-05-2021 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked
Old 19-05-2021, 09:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
The awareness of self beyond the physical waking world should not matter to someone who believes that the self/sense of I AM is an illusion or dream, and believes in oneness/non-duality. Because the awareness of self/I AM beyond the physical waking world will also be an illusion or dream.
Without an understanding of what self is, any discussion after that means diddly-squat. Often what people mean by the self is not the self at all but the ego.
Old 20-05-2021, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Without an understanding of what self is, any discussion after that means diddly-squat. Often what people mean by the self is not the self at all but the ego.
Right. People dismiss the ego/individual person or make it the enemy of consciousness, bliss, love etc etc when a self centered ego/individual person is.
Old 20-05-2021, 10:14 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Right. People dismiss the ego/individual person or make it the enemy of consciousness, bliss, love etc etc when a self centered ego/individual person is.

Non-duality says it really isn't. If it were then where does that leave you when the self-centered ego/individual person no longer is?
Old 20-05-2021, 11:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Non-duality says it really isn't. If it were then where does that leave you when the self-centered ego/individual person no longer is?
The individual person still exists when said person is not self centered. The individual person is just not self centered.

You asking me the questions you did, tells me that you did not understand what I posted, yet at the same time you proved my point.
Old 21-05-2021, 12:02 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
The individual person still exists when said person is not self centered. The individual person is just not self centered.

You asking me the questions you did, tells me that you did not understand what I posted, yet at the same time you proved my point.

No, I asked you what happens when the individual dies. You place so much importance on the individual living in the right here and now. Tell me, how infinite is that right here and now at death of the body?
Old 21-05-2021, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
No, I asked you what happens when the individual dies. You place so much importance on the individual living in the right here and now. Tell me, how infinite is that right here and now at death of the body?
No, you asked me what happens when a self centered individual dies.

You think and generalize that all individuals/egos are self centered, which clearly is not true at all, as all individuals/egos are not self centered. Since you think and generalize all individuals/ego's are self centered, you must think and generalize that brahman is self centered too.

Infinite is self explanatory, so i should not have to tell you how infinite the infinite is. That is such a silly and arrogant question to ask. The eternal and infinite right here and right now/brahman is death, life, birth all in one, so death is not more important than life and birth.

How do you know what death is like, in the right here and right now, when you are not dead in the right here and right now?
Old 21-05-2021, 12:40 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
No, you asked me what happens when a self centered individual dies.

You think and generalize that all individuals/egos are self centered, which clearly is not true at all, as all individuals/egos are not self centered. Since you think and generalize all individuals/ego's are self centered, you must think and generalize that brahman is self centered too.

Infinite is self explanatory, so i should not have to tell you how infinite the infinite is. That is such a silly and arrogant question to ask. The eternal and infinite right here and right now/brahman is death, life, birth all in one, so death is not more important than life and birth.

How do you know what death is like, in the right here and right now, when you are not dead in the right here and right now?

That's gibberish.
Old 21-05-2021, 12:41 AM
Master
Quote:
That's gibberish.
It may be gibberish, but it is true.
Old 21-05-2021, 12:43 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
It may be gibberish, but it is true.

Let's try this again. What happens to the individuated being at death? Can you answer that simple question?