Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-05-2022, 03:22 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I personally would never have a teacher/Guru,but it is up to you how you want to live your life.
Why is it any different than instruction in any other field of endeavor? Why re-invent the wheel with each generation?
Old 14-05-2022, 03:37 PM
Master

Have a question. First, I strongly agree and relate to and about choice. I don't want anyone telling me what to do, I don't care if it's God or Devil or even some other deity. Does it also apply at a higher level. We are talking about freedom of choice at a higher level.

Here's a question, it's about freedom of choice. What if God or spirit (or whatever one follows) says (speaks) something is that then (just) their opinion. What is seen. Don't forget about karma and reincarnation. Is the choice only reincarnation. I think spirit can rest if needed.
Old 14-05-2022, 04:00 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Why is it any different than instruction in any other field of endeavor? Why re-invent the wheel with each generation?

It is up to the individual how he/she wants to live his/her life. If they want guidance, fair enough ,others have their own knowledge and know their path.
Old 14-05-2022, 06:02 PM
Master

Quote:

I think that it depends on the field of knowledge, and on the level of knowledge.

About your "wheel" example ... If people hadn't questioned the "wheel" they wouldn't have discovered magnetic levitation.

Scientists claim that the native American populations never discovered that they could use the wheel for transportation, and yet they achieved quite high levels of civilization.

The point about gurus and dogmas, is that they present distorted versions of some truth. You can't know if any of them is more accurate than another, so you put your faith in one of them. That, most likely, will place you even farther from that truth. Sometimes it matters for you.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 14-05-2022, 06:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The point about gurus and dogmas, is that they present distorted versions of some truth. You can't know if any of them is more accurate than another, so you put your faith in one of them. That, most likely, will place you even farther from that truth.
Yet if we discard all gurus and teachings are we any nearer truth?

We can put our faith in our own understanding, but is that really any more accurate?

Yes, there comes a point where we have to look within for our inner intuitive guidance, but external gurus and teachings can provide helpful signposts. We use our own experience and discrimination to decide which signposts are worth following. And we are always free to take a different direction.

Peace
Old 15-05-2022, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Hi Still-Waters, glad your ok.Id just like to point out that quote from inavalan you posted. It is so true.

I personally would never have a teacher/Guru,but it is up to you how you want to live your life.

As you probably noticed, I agreed with inavalan's statement "to trust only your inner-guidance". That is the ultimate and, as I duly noted, a true guru will POINT you from the outer to the "inner-guidance".

Regarding your second statement, it's truly awesome that you "would never have have a teacher/Guru". There are a very rare few who can make a statement that they never would have a teacher/guru. The only one who comes to mind immediately is Ramana Maharshi ... and even he had been exposed to the scriptures of India. You are indeed an extraordinary rare being.

As for me, my zen-like teacher as well as others were very helpful in pointing me to the "inner guidance". Their guidance along the pathless path has been greatly appreciated.
Old 15-05-2022, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:

Amen !
Old 15-05-2022, 02:26 PM
Master
QUOTE 22 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex

We are talking about freedom of choice at a higher level.

Is the choice only reincarnation.

I think spirit can rest if needed.

Ever since my mind-boggling, life-transforming near death experience many years ago, I have been very aware of an expanded-consciousness in which one sees the "Big Picture" more clearly and makes choices from a altogether different perspective. This is not a "higher level" telling one what to do.

Your question is therefore quite curious as it appears to come from an individualistic separatist perspective.

As for the Spirit resting if needed, that is an integral part of the Vedas --- the days and nights of Brahman --- where Brahman alternates between "sleep/rest" and activity. It is my sense that Spirit can indeed rest as it so chooses.
Old 15-05-2022, 02:30 PM
Master
QUOTE 24 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

The point about gurus and dogmas, is that they present distorted versions of some truth.

That is a very sweeping generalization. Are you saying that there is no one who has realized Truth?

It goes without saying that one must be discerning and validate what resonates most.
Old 15-05-2022, 02:34 PM
Master
QUOTE 25 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Yes, there comes a point where we have to look within for our inner intuitive guidance, but external gurus and teachings can provide helpful signposts. We use our own experience and discrimination to decide which signposts are worth following. And we are always free to take a different direction.

This seems so obvious and I obviously agree with you.