Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-12-2021, 10:42 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
On a broader level, karma relates to universal balance and harmony. Which is why astrologically the sign governing karma is Libra with the scales of balance.
Since your an advocate of karma maybe you could answer me a couple of questions. What makes good good, what makes bad bad? And if there is no time, isn't sowing and reaping happening at the same time?
Old 13-12-2021, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
If you die by your own hand (suicide) it does not mean you have to come back and do it again,
people take their own lives for a variety of reasons,
anyone who passes over through illness etc or suicide go into a hospital of sorts in the spirit world so it can heal.
it does not mean you have to come back and do it over again.
I agree.

And if you could not handle it the first time, there are other ways to learn things...still inclusive of the
belief in Karma.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-12-2021, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What makes good good, what makes bad bad? And if there is no time, isn't sowing and reaping happening at the same time?
It depends on what level we consider these things.

On one level, good and bad are mental judgements of how things affect us.

On another level, there is neither good nor bad, there are just events arising in consciousness.

People may talk about good karma (e.g. winning the lottery) and bad karma (e.g. breaking a leg), but really there is just karma or action. Ideas of good or bad are our projections onto karma.

And at one level there is no time so sowing and reaping happen at the same moment.

On this physical level we experience sequential time, the succession of events, so whatever we sow has its subsequent consequences.

The idea of no time is fine as a theory, but for most of us this is not our daily experience.

Peace
Old 18-12-2021, 04:21 AM
Knower

Suicide has been described as "a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

Souls sometimes lighten the load on their Earth personalities, sometimes to lessen the load if they feel overly burdened, but not to the point of suicide, other times to prevent their Earth personality from committing suicide. (I don't know why they don't do it more.) I've experienced the latter, when everything seemed hopeless and bad, but some vaguely hopeful or slightly happy thought would come in. But not like a "bright tomorrow," which my mind would kick out, hard. Sometimes it can be inspiration, something good about life when all seems bad. Sometime a breather from whatever the problem is.

The biggest deterrent for me was, what if I "almost succeed" at killing myself? Wind up crippled, or a vegetable? (I thought of a name for this, "the last question.") I was scared of that, in ways I was not scared of dying.

When, because of their negative state of mind, one is blind to the pain their suicide would cause to their loved ones, and either does not believe in Hell, or it seems like Hell would not be any worse, the question, what if I "almost succeed?" still might remain as something deterring them from suicide. If this is no longer any deterrent, then they're at a point very difficult to be talked out of it.

It seems to me like when they're not yet at the point where the answer to "the last question" is it won't stop me, they're at least somewhat reachable to be helped. (I'm really glad I never reached that point.) I don't know whether research bears this out. Sometimes people's behaviors are hard to understand, and suicidal people are certainly not logical.

For some, especially decades ago, having to face God and going to Hell can be a significant deterrent. Many don't believe in God and Hell, but wouldn't want to chance it. I include myself in this category. Whether or not this, and/or "having to come back" occur, there is definitely a much higher probability of the person encountering a very dark reality upon death, due to their state of mind at the time. So, suicide is not without consequences, and probably does not result in one going to Hell, per se, but it might seem to them they are. It might be a narrowly defined semantic point.

Has anyone heard about "Channeling Erik?" He had severe depression, had attempted suicide dozens of times before succeeding. In his case, it had been agreed to before he was born. I don't know if he ever said why his soul chose this.

What's entirely alien to me about soul is, why would even one soul choose even a life of average difficulty on Earth? Which is 10x or more than I'd ever choose. Souls must have some very deep differences from the consciously aware mind within physical reality. I'd certainly not consider my soul to be "me" if he'd choose Earth to be created "as is." I do mean "as is" in a bad way, like buying something with severe defects.

While Earth is not something I'd ever choose to create, I'd definitely not want it destroyed, now that it has been created. There's so much good that would be destroyed, along with the bad. Yes, I know intellectually that good and bad are judgments, not necessarily absolute truths, but I still feel they are. Saying otherwise would be lying to myself.

JoeColo

Last edited by JoeColo : 18-12-2021 at 09:08 AM.
Old 18-12-2021, 07:46 AM
Knower

Something else I wanted to discuss, important enough for a new post, is about probabilities. Seth, Elias, and many other channeled personalities, say that we create other probabilities than the ones we experience. Other than trifles, such as what we had for lunch, etc., these "branch points" result in two or more probable selves, only one of which we experience.

Drum roll......................................... highly surprised no one has brought up this point in any spiritual forms I've ever been on, is that we must have selves who died at various points in our lives. This should work both ways, that if we've ever been very suicidal, we should have probable selves who did choose suicide at those times. Going the other way, if one does succeed at suicide, one should have a probable self who did not choose suicide.

I believe that the reason so many fail at suicide is that they choose to come back when dead, that the consequences are worse than the problem their suicide was meant to solve. Some may go back to before their choice to suicide, then choose differently. Most if not all channeled personalities say we do this when we die, that some hours or days later this can be done. We go back, and have no memory of ever being dead.

I don't know if we can decide to not-create a probable self who died, especially by suicide. I know we cannot create ourself as suicided, but another probable self of us still alive, to spare our loved ones pain, and do whatever good we were supposed to do. If one is aware a having suicided, there must be corresponding loved ones left behind.

Whether or not there are consequences of suicide after death, there certainly are for failing at it, unless one fails in such a way that no one ever knows they attempted it, which is a difficult feat to achieve.

JoeColo

Last edited by JoeColo : 18-12-2021 at 09:10 AM.
Old 29-12-2021, 07:17 PM
Ascender

One of the consequences is the lack of resolution of the issue which drove the person to suicide. It just gets rolled over into a subsequent life, to be resolved there instead.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:12 PM
Master
This is a very sensitive topic. I myself don't believe there's a God that will determine what is good or bad. It's also not up to some of us to decide if it's bad or not if someone committed suicide, nor a guru or priest. Forget about all these judges. Who cares?

Said person that did it has spoken for him or her self. Person will have reasons. That is enough!
The rest of us may make some noise, we wanna have meaning in our lives, likely because we can't handle not having an objective answer to it.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:23 PM
hazada guess

Believe it or not folks but Life is precious.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Neil
One of the consequences is the lack of resolution of the issue which drove the person to suicide.
It just gets rolled over into a subsequent life, to be resolved there instead.
A concept, sorry Neil... Not necessarily.

I say this based on the information from half a dozen sources.
Plus, God's System is not mean...it's fair and loving...
(According to many famous mediums connecting with those on the Other Side).
If a soul were not ready to 'go back to the same situation'...he would not have to ...
but perhaps later when it was deemed time and was still needed.
My understanding and belief.
People can see what rings truer to them.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-01-2022, 05:58 PM
Master
Intention of our actions play a big role in our conditioning, and how we mold and shape our own
energy/soul/spirit, that which inhabits a physical body. The four types of suicide, according to
Emile Durkheim, a French sociologist whose work is still used today by many psychologist and
psychiatrist, are:

Egoistic Suicide, usually happens when a person feels no connection to their community, an
absence of social integration.

Altruistic Suicide, usually happens when a person sacrifices their own life to save someone else,
or they give their life for their country, etc. The Japanese kamikaze pilots during WWII committed
altruistic suicide.

Anomic Suicide, usually occurs during high levels of stress and frustration. It is usually done
impulsively.

Fatalistic Suicide, usually occurs when a person is kept under tight regulation. Although a person
may have unconscious fatalistic tendencies, i.e. an unconscious death wish. A person who
consistently practices high risk behavior may be fatalistic.

The intention in these four types of suicide are different but the outcome is the same. Socrates
committed suicide, although he was forced. Nonetheless, he took his own life. But his intentions
where not that of a usual suicide.

It is widely accepted in spiritual groups that human life is a dream, and death is a waking up from
that dream. When a person sleeps at night, some may have nightmares, and they may awaken from
that nightmare breathing fast and heavy, still reflecting on the nightmare even though they are now
awake.

Frankly I want my death to be smooth and peaceful. There are about ten States in the U.S. that
have legalized assisted suicide. This is with the help of a professional for medical reasons. There are
lots of people who attempt to take their own life, only to end up severely damaging themselves.

When I worked as a nurse I had a patient who shot himself in the head with a gun, the bullet went
through his head and came out the other side, and he lived, although he did have brain damage for
the rest of his life.