Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-03-2021, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
My sense is that the "I AM" is itself the key to understanding "I AM the way, the Truth, and the Light".

Try meditating on "I AM" with no other thoughts.

Both Nisargadatta Maharaj and Ramana Maharshi use that technique, and so do I. It is quite revealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Yes, glad you are aware of this! I AM - the way, the truth and the life.

This realisation is the REALISATION, the ultimate truth, though is primoridal all truths which are nothing but illusion.

I AM is right now, right here, in every moment, in every breath, in every blink of the eye.

If you think you have to do this or that to find I AM, you think, I AM is already found, it is in plain view.

Thinking gives birth to illusion, absence of thinking reveals that which was always here, the absolute truth of who you are and what you are. You are not who you think you are, you are who you are.

I wrote in my messages about all of this, though it took me time to realise what I was given in those messages.

The Secret though it is no secret.

Know the truth ( I AM ) and the truth ( I AM ) shall set you free.

Well said. Note that as soon as one completes the sentence "I AM <something>", duality and separateness immediately arise.

... and yet there is that from which even the I AM arises.

This is going very deep.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:57 PM
AbodhiSky

thought is like somebody else's cat that wonders into my yard. it's all about what i make out of it. i can ignore it and go about my day. later i may look in the yard and the cat is gone. it left on it's own. or i could bring that cat indoors. freak out that the cat may be lost. spend all day putting up flyers around the neighborhood about the cat i found looking for the owner.

thought does not give birth to illusion, a particular relationship we have with it does. thought is just a natural product of the brain. what gives birth to illusion is a lack of awareness and understanding. turning that thought into "thinking" which usually means me (consciousness) becoming enmeshed and identified with thought of a certain type. as mine or me

i think the relationship between me and thought can go two ways. i can be centered in "i am" or in myself and here thought works for me. i can use it as needed and put it away when not needed or in use. it is a tool for me consciousness. me as awareness and understanding can use thought to conceptualize or put into words realizations or understanding. anything i come up with will not be "it" as "it" is an actual understanding or experience and not an idea about it but i can communicate it or point to it for better or worse. whether what i say connects to someone else as a realization or experience of a truth i have no control over. so in this relationship i have an awareness of thought and a type of control over it's use and function

the other way the relationship can go is thought owns me. it dictates my feelings and reactions and colors my experiences. it tells me what "this" is. this moment in time. it tells me what is present here and what i am or feel or believe or think now. it's instant, the thought appears and without a space, i accept it and it's statements as truth and reality

so thought is like nothing at all. it only leaves a mark if we allow it to. but then if we don't have the awareness to not identify or to separate from it as self, thought can lead to a world war where millions die so it is no small thing. it can makes one's life hell. i assume there is a reason why this relationship leads to hell, so we seek a different one. and to achieve such a new relationship between me and thought requires more self awareness or more awareness in general. so there is the reason for all of this. why put spiritual consciousness into a human body and it's mind? to develop more awareness in consciousness (me or the soul) itself
Old 04-03-2021, 06:43 PM
That was very good, ABodhiSky.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-03-2021, 07:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
thought is like somebody else's cat that wonders into my yard. it's all about what i make out of it. i can ignore it and go about my day. later i may look in the yard and the cat is gone. it left on it's own. or i could bring that cat indoors. freak out that the cat may be lost. spend all day putting up flyers around the neighborhood about the cat i found looking for the owner.

thought does not give birth to illusion, a particular relationship we have with it does. thought is just a natural product of the brain. what gives birth to illusion is a lack of awareness and understanding. turning that thought into "thinking" which usually means me (consciousness) becoming enmeshed and identified with thought of a certain type. as mine or me

i think the relationship between me and thought can go two ways. i can be centered in "i am" or in myself and here thought works for me. i can use it as needed and put it away when not needed or in use. it is a tool for me consciousness. me as awareness and understanding can use thought to conceptualize or put into words realizations or understanding. anything i come up with will not be "it" as "it" is an actual understanding or experience and not an idea about it but i can communicate it or point to it for better or worse. whether what i say connects to someone else as a realization or experience of a truth i have no control over. so in this relationship i have an awareness of thought and a type of control over it's use and function

the other way the relationship can go is thought owns me. it dictates my feelings and reactions and colors my experiences. it tells me what "this" is. this moment in time. it tells me what is present here and what i am or feel or believe or think now. it's instant, the thought appears and without a space, i accept it and it's statements as truth and reality

so thought is like nothing at all. it only leaves a mark if we allow it to. but then if we don't have the awareness to not identify or to separate from it as self, thought can lead to a world war where millions die so it is no small thing. it can makes one's life hell. i assume there is a reason why this relationship leads to hell, so we seek a different one. and to achieve such a new relationship between me and thought requires more self awareness or more awareness in general. so there is the reason for all of this. why put spiritual consciousness into a human body and it's mind? to develop more awareness in consciousness (me or the soul) itself

Regarding thoughts, Ramana Maharshi has said: “The degree of freedom from unwanted thoughts and the degree of concentration on a single thought are the measures to gauge spiritual progress."

"I AM" could be considered a "single thought".

https://quotefancy.com/quote/1308183...-the-degree-of
Old 10-03-2021, 12:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
"Jesus said I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

This Verse puzzled me in my Youth, I personally don't think Jesus would say something like this, it seems like Religion Racism.

I wondered should " I found the way, the truth and the life " make more sense. Surely other belief systems have access to ' Our Father ' .

I have thought for a while that this was a statement written by an early Christian, maybe one of the disciples, who has thought about Jesus for years and has personally come to this conclusion, and put these words in Jesus’ mouth.

Thinking this doesn’t make me dislike this verse, but I do see it as someone else’s considered opinion.
Old 10-03-2021, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Thinking this doesn’t make me dislike this verse,
but I do see it as someone else’s considered opinion.
Seems fair.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-08-2022, 04:15 PM
Rameses

Post I, beyond the I AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
"Jesus said I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

This Verse puzzled me in my Youth, I personally don't think Jesus would say something like this, it seems like Religion Racism.

I wondered should " I found the way, the truth and the life " make more sense. Surely other belief systems have access to ' Our Father ' .

Hi all,

«*Surely other belief systems have access to ' Our Father ‘*» :
Seems that history proves that affirmation.
All paths lead to God, but God isn’t the Path, shared the Wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke55
States determine what you believe, experience is from I AM, outside produces churches made with hands and fake beliefs with fear, inside will free you as I AM that can't die.

Is it sure that the I AM can’t die ?
Is this I AM not depending on bodies ?
Can we testify Being when died ?

Is it not recommended to say that the SELF - I - can not die, and the I AM, being trapped in time and space, dies with the bodies-minds ?

Quote:
The "I AM" is not well understood by the masses and I am glad that you brought that up especially in this thread. Understanding the "I AM " to at least some degree seems to have major implications in interpretation the Biblical passage being considered in this thread: "I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life".

In the east, the "I AM" is considered to be that which first emerges during the manifestation/creation process.

I would be interested in hearing more from you on the nature of the "I AM".

Is the I AM understandable ? Or is it recognized when mind conceptualizations ends, then not reachable with our rationality ?

«*In the east, the "I AM" is considered to be that which first emerges during the manifestation/creation process.*» : perhaps to say that the I AM emerges simultaneously with the Manifestation/Creation would be more accurate.

Quote:
My sense is that the "I AM" is itself the key to understanding "I AM the way, the Truth, and the Light".

Try meditating on "I AM" with no other thoughts.

Both Nisargadatta Maharaj and Ramana Maharshi use that technique, and so do I. It is quite revealing.

Bhagavan Ramana used to advice self-enquiry to reach the I AM whence Nisargadatta Maharaj showed an even more direct path by concentrating in the I AM alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Yes, glad you are aware of this! I AM - the way, the truth and the life.

This realisation is the REALISATION, the ultimate truth, though is primoridal all truths which are nothing but illusion.

I AM is right now, right here, in every moment, in every breath, in every blink of the eye.

If you think you have to do this or that to find I AM, you think, I AM is already found, it is in plain view.
Is realizing the I AM really the ultimate truth ?
Or is it more the door to that Truth, beyond the I AM ?
If so, then I AM isn’t the Truth. Still being the Life, and A way.
Quote:
Well said. Note that as soon as one completes the sentence "I AM <something>", duality and separateness immediately arise.
... and yet there is that from which even the I AM arises.
This is going very deep.
Some call that ground whence I AM arises Awareness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
thought is like somebody else's cat that wonders into my yard. it's all about what i make out of it. i can ignore it and go about my day. later i may look in the yard and the cat is gone. it left on it's own.

«*thought does not give birth to illusion*» : thus, what does, if not thoughts ?

«*thought is just a natural product of the brain.*» : is it sure ?
Or thoughts just being channeled from the realm of ideas ?

«*which usually means me (consciousness)*» : are you sure to be the Consciousness , or is it not the ultimate false identification ?

Quote:
Regarding thoughts, Ramana Maharshi has said: “The degree of freedom from unwanted thoughts and the degree of concentration on a single thought are the measures to gauge spiritual progress."

"I AM" could be considered a "single thought".
«*«*‘I AM’ could be considered a "single thought*»*»:
Perhaps then this I AM is just the root of all illusions, and false also.

Best regards,
R.
Old 04-08-2022, 06:15 PM
The Admin has asked that we all keep our quotes of others to
2-3 sentences, please.
Referencing the Post # helps.

Old 05-08-2022, 12:21 AM
Rameses

Post Buddha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The Admin has asked that we all keep our quotes of others to
2-3 sentences, please.
Referencing the Post # helps.

Gotcha.
That's a previous post before my awakening