Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 18-06-2021, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I have noticed through the years that my thinking mind (monkey mind)
loves to create problems and then analyze the problems and possible outcomes and fix the problems.
Even though there never was a problem.
It's called ' Boredom '.
Old 18-06-2021, 02:01 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It's called ' Boredom '.

True, also the thinking mind can come up with some very positive and healthy possibilities to aim for.

Quote:
John Berryman’s poem “Dream Song 14” goes. “We must not say so. / After all, the sky flashes, the great sea yearns, / we ourselves flash and yearn, / and moreover my mother told me as a boy / (repeatingly) ‘Ever to confess you’re bored / means you have no / Inner Resources.’ ”

Quote from HERE:https://www.newyorker.com/culture/an...-us-and-for-us

I like this pic. from the article:https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5...domStudies.jpg

EDIT: Boredom is one of the reasons I joined SF.
Old 18-06-2021, 03:18 PM
Master

I’m never bored. Okay sometimes.. keeps me alive I guess. Boredom often reminds me my existence is fine
Old 18-06-2021, 03:23 PM
Master
Buddhist are supposed to be compassionate - right?
Have empathy as in ‘exchanging yourself for another’ i.e. seeing things from another’s perspective.

I brought the subject of ‘Aspie desire for social support’ up, but I think it is very difficult for a neurotypical to understand this desire, which seems to be a common denominator on the spectrum.
All my Aspie friends battled with this.

And not fully understanding the problem, a neurotypical’s empathetic support response often only turns into ‘idiot compassion’ i.e. feeding the need or desire instead of actually helping.

So, I looked into this a bit deeper:
Quote:
https://the-art-of-autism.com/the-au...enlightenment/
During my years, I had been stuck in a cycle of isolation and of desire. I’d wanted things I couldn’t have. I was invariably failing to search for things I couldn’t attain. But now, I had a means to break free from this habit. The key to liberation was within me and the first step was to accept who I was.

“The Art of Autism” - Aspies helping other Aspies is the way to go – me thinks, helping one to recognize and focus on one’s strengths instead of lack.

Plus, I think it might help also if neurotypicals understood a bit better where others might be coming from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZFThlOiJI

Old 18-06-2021, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
True, also the thinking mind can come up with some very positive and healthy possibilities to aim for
It certainly can when it rests on a Branch for long enough
Old 18-06-2021, 03:45 PM
How to let go of desire 101:
Be satisfied.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-06-2021, 03:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
How to let go of desire 101:
Be satisfied.

Haha this is so true… however sometimes it doesn’t happen
Old 18-06-2021, 03:50 PM
Master

Thanks for your commitment of the blog Sentient. Will check it out later
Old 19-06-2021, 04:46 PM
Master
I got this autism vs neurotypical explanation from a YouTube:
Quote:
Think of comparing Xbox with PlayStation.
They are both highly capable consoles with different programming.
But if you put Xbox game in the PlayStation it won’t work, because PlayStation communicates differently.
*Overwhelm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CNY6BbtgS8

From my own biographical-perspective, Western Reality Orientation and Indigenous Tribal Reality Orientation are two entirely different ‘programs’.
In a Western group setting or highly Western oriented competitive educational setting for example I can become really overwhelmed (because the space dimension or the silent level of collective values & communication, which unifies the situation just isn’t there …. it is just all contradictory all-over-the-place separate fragments to me, which my brain is trying to figure out where they are coming from and combine so as to form a whole, all-at-once, yet cannot = overwhelm & dysfunctionality, like in the video).

At times like those, I need to switch and enter into a ‘tribal setting’ and then everything is already sorted, Reality makes sense, jigsaw pieces fit and the planets line up.

So. I know within myself that I am highly functional in one reality orientation program and overwhelmed, distressed and dysfunctional in the other. One just learns coping mechanisms as one gets older and yes Mindfulness and other forms of Meditation help.

When it comes to ‘desire for social support’ – I would wish Westerners would understand other ‘Reality Orientation Programs’, but I’ve been there done that
Best just make (the limits of) one’s own program work in one’s own life.

Old 19-06-2021, 05:09 PM
Re: Be satisfied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Haha this is so true… however sometimes it doesn’t happen
And you see what the mind did there? It immediately pointed to the doubt, the negative.

The mind is so tricky ...and it takes effort and diligence to catch onto it's tricks.
Thought Control, my friend. I say again.

Hint: Get the 'buts and howevers' out of your vocabulary.
I say this 'to you' because you have asked for my assistance in the past.
We're in a battlefield...if you hadn't noticed.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru