Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 14-06-2021, 07:30 AM
Master
Who knows...... the way things seem to be going, we might be 'forced' to go camping. Might as well learn as much as I can. Been thinking of buying one of those temporary survival sleeping bags you can put in your pocket along with stuff to start a fire, purification water tablets, etc.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-06-2021, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Who knows...... the way things seem to be going, we might be 'forced' to go camping. Might as well learn as much as I can. Been thinking of buying one of those temporary survival sleeping bags you can put in your pocket along with stuff to start a fire, purification water tablets, etc.
. Practice skills, they'll get a lot farther than supplies for the long term. You mentioned that you know how to make charcoal. That can be a priceless skill. Purification tablets fire starting supplies will eventually run out. Skills will never run out. We see reminders on the news almost every day what people are going to do in a bad situation. Look at when the east coast pipelines got hacked. People freaked out and we're even putting fuel in plastic bags. That was a minor mishap that people made 10xs worse then it needed to be.
If things actually go bad people are going to freak out. There will be minimal supplies, it will be useless to stockpile it only increases the chance of getting robbed and maybe killed in the process. If you do stockpile your best bet make caches all over the place like a rodent. I know people like to think to buy guns and ammo but no matter how much ammo you have, unless you know how to make gun powder you will eventually run out. It's also likely of you do have a guns and ammo stockpile you'll become a massive target for thieves.
My strategy is to find a safe place now, away from people and hunker down until the smoke clears and wait until people settle there difference. If I do have to go in public before the smoke clears. I going to make myself look and smell like I have completely nothing. Even if you look and smell clean for example, when everyone else isn't you can become a target.
Old 14-06-2021, 11:46 AM
Master
You said a lot of things, all based on sound wisdom.

In this case, gonna do it, is not going to 'cut' it. We got to be pro-active.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-06-2021, 12:10 PM
Master
Quote:
In this case, gonna do it, is not going to 'cut' it. We got to be pro-active.
What do you mean?
Old 14-06-2021, 04:51 PM
Master
A lot of people say they are going to do something, like learn how to build a fire using 'natural things', but they never get around to doing that.

If we think their might be rough times ahead, it might behoove us to learn a few coping skills and survival skills and while doing so, we might have some fun while doing it.

Old 14-06-2021, 06:25 PM
Master

Quote:
If we think their might be rough times ahead, it might behoove us to learn a few coping skills and survival skills and while doing so, we might have some fun while doing it.

There is no coping when the cruise ship goes down in the middle of the ocean. It's that bad when TSHTF.

Making fire rubbing sticks is transcendental meditation.
Old 14-06-2021, 06:49 PM
Master
Knowing how to float and swim in water might make a big difference if a ship sinks.

I remember having to be able to hold my breath under water in case the water above was on fire and you had to swim under water to safety.

A while back, I bumped into a survivalist in a store who was buying survival food. I told him, you can find a lot of food underneath a rock. He almost threw up and ran out of the store.

Old 14-06-2021, 08:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Knowing how to float and swim in water might make a big difference if a ship sinks.

I remember having to be able to hold my breath under water in case the water above was on fire and you had to swim under water to safety.

Have you ever sailed out a thousand miles from shore, say across the Atlantic, from Suriname toward the Azores? When the boat goes down, there is no swimming to safety.

Most of us are acculturated to a way of life within the grid which is like the space station about 250miles up there somewhere. When the power goes out, there is no adjusting. It's not about dying because there is no food. We die when we run out of toilet paper.
Old 15-06-2021, 02:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
There is no coping.
there is coping in everything we do. To be honest no one really knows how they'll react in a stressful situation until it happens. Coping in a stressful situation is a hard skill to learn it often goes against everything "normal". Just imagine for example. Hackers hack a major oil pipeline ask yourself and really think about what you're going to do. Even if happens 1,000 miles away and it doesn't effect you at the moment. Ask yourself how can I prepare myself for something like that. Think about if that situation is going to be long or short term. An oil pipeline is a very important resource. There's a very good chance it will be running normally within a few days. When you see things like that on the news just ask yourself what would I do, how would I react? Would I freak out and fill plastic bags up with gas?, Or would I conserve what I have for the week the pipeline is down? That way if something bad happens you'll know how you'll react and you will have at least a minimal plan and a way to cope.
In a wtshtf situation. ALWAYS under do your image, you'll look to be less of a threat and hopefully ingnored buy the looting type of person. If you are singled out for whatever reason you can do your thing a lot more effectively because the other person won't be mentally prepared to deal with it at that moment. In a situation like that, a moment is everything, maybe even your life
Old 15-06-2021, 03:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
there is coping in everything we do. To be honest no one really knows how they'll react in a stressful situation until it happens.

Avoidance is the better option to coping. The hacking of the pipeline had no impact on the birds and the squirrels. A spiritual life obviates the need to react to stressful situations of a materialistic life.