Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 21-02-2023, 01:45 AM
Seeker

Sewing?

Hello friends, I did a cursory search but didn't find much. Anyone here into sewing? If you are, what do you generally make? Any pix you feel like sharing?
Old 21-02-2023, 10:13 AM
Master
I have done a lot of sewing for my kids in the past. Once made a proper dress shirt for my son for Christmas when he was 1 yr old. I still got that. It's so small!
Outfits for their Christening, dresses for my girlie, winter coats and whatnot. I sometimes went to the Oilily shop to check out their fancy kiddie clothes, drew a picture of it on a piece of paper, then bought all kinds of fabric and made it myself. My kids seemed to be wearing Oilily without the Oilily pricetag.

But when I divorced my then husband I gave up on it. I simply didn't feel like it anymore.
I still have a sewing machine but hardly ever use it anymore.

If you're into go for it! It's a lot of fun :)
Old 21-02-2023, 11:01 AM
Master

Re. Batsy

Ahh Batsy you stirred up a few good memories re sewing.

When my kids were little we lived in a mining town hundreds of miles from anywhere else so I learnt to sew quick smart cos everything was so expenses.

I made dresses, skirts, childrens clothing and even shirts for my husband and another for my four year old exactly the same, they loved it. I then went on to making all my curtains, cushions, cushion covers, you name it - I made it. I absolutely loved the creative process involved and got a lot of enjoyment from it.

But when we came back to the city I found everything so cheap that it really wasn’t worth the time and effort sewing. But then again maybe I just burnt myself out ha ha

I’m actually very surprised to hear someone like you who is still sewing cos not many people do it anymore. So good on ya. Glad to see someone still getting the enjoyment from it.

So what kinds of things are you making?
Old 22-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Seeker

I have been sewing since I was about 4 or 5, and I've made pretty much everything to be honest. Right now, though, I am getting into thread painting and quilting. I challenged myself to make a quilt during the pandemic and got hooked. It's so much fun! I mean, it's also hard and challenging at times, but it's a great creative outlet.

Here's one:
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...OA&oe=63F9FE1A
Old 22-02-2023, 06:19 AM
Master

Re Batsy

Omg Batsy that is absolutely AMAZING! Just brilliant. I love it!

I don’t know how you have the patience gal. It must of taken you months to get that done. But I guess quilting must be a kind of meditation hey. Probably a bit like I feel when I’m doing a painting. You become oblivious to what’s going on around you and time ceases to exist.

What is thread painting? Can you down load a picture of what you have done. Sounds really interesting.
Old 22-02-2023, 09:17 AM
Master

I love anything that can be created , that comes to "life "...
Beautiful work.
Old 22-02-2023, 10:06 AM
Master
Absolutely stunning!
The time that must've taken... I love the green you chose to go with that. The elephant really pops now. Work to be very proud of for sure!
Old 22-02-2023, 10:14 AM
Master

I particularly love the Blue.

( @fairyCrystal , which is why I love your "Venice bride !..)....

I just love "creation" in any capacity ...
Old 26-02-2023, 10:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I particularly love the Blue.

( @fairyCrystal , which is why I love your "Venice bride !..)....

I just love "creation" in any capacity ...
Thank you, AngelBlue!
Old 27-02-2023, 11:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Thank you, AngelBlue!
You are welcome
Credit where it's due.