Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 01-04-2023, 09:10 AM
Master

Being blind....

Hi. I know we have dear forum members on here that have experienced blindness , and my heart goes out to those individuals. In fact, and in real life I have been sponsoring and paying for the training of guide dogs for the blind for several years and am on my fourth pup now.
It costs me £9 a month, and even though I have no money I always make a little wriggle room for a worthy cause.
My sister-in - law is almost blind.
I cannot imagine anything worse than losing your sight.
But really , the reason for my thread is not because of normal sighted people that become blind through mis-fortune ( as bad as that is ) ...but rather those among us that are born blind
The sighted that become blind KNOW what colour looks like and can maybe re-call it in theirs minds eye.
But my thread is to to discuss and wonder about our brothers and sisters that have only ever known the colour of "dark" or "black"....
How can colour be described to them ???
Of course it can be described . But they cannot comprehend that description . It means nothing.
All they know is black.

But I'm talking about spirituality here...
I know that when I'm in bed trying to "drift off" all I see is black.
Occasionally I see flashes of "light"
BUT .... When I focus on my third eye , I see so many images . They are all in black and white , but I clearly see them through my third eye.
Also , when I dream , I sometimes dream in colour .

So I know I may be delusional , but do you think blind people can learn to see through their "third eye", or that they can dream in colour , even if they never saw colour ..?????
Old 01-04-2023, 10:55 AM
Dude111

Yes I believe its harder LOSING IT than if you couldnt ever see.....

I have a friend who is Blind and he does more tahn you might think!!

He even got on a plane cross country to LA .. He is very nice......

His Brother is also Blind..........
Old 01-04-2023, 11:08 AM
Master

Hi dude ... Sorry for any misunderstanding. I think it must be harder to imagine colour than if you are blind and never saw saw colour.
For example, try to imagine something that is yet to come as in "olden " days.
Try to explain an aeroplane to the people in the 1700's. They could not imagine it .
The question was , can people blind from birth dream in colour or see images through 3rd eye ...spiritually speaking of course .
Your friend and his brother are to be admired .
Old 01-04-2023, 07:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
The question was , can people blind from birth dream in colour or see images through 3rd eye ...spiritually speaking of course .

If you look up "seeing without eyes", "extra-ocular vision", or such, there are videos, websites, books, that claim (and show) that it is possible to perceive images and colors, including reading, playing ping-pong, ... with your eyes covered. So, those people perceive the visual information in a different way than through their eyes.

I've seen at least a couple of videos in which partially blind people, after some training, could do activities they couldn't do before. I believe those were genuine.

If we reincarnate, and if we can access our past life memories, it seems that those born blind could use regression to get an idea about what seeing means, and what colors are. I haven't read or seen anybody talking about this, but it seems a good hypothesis to investigate.

I think that the 3rd-eye isn't an "eye", but a psychic-sense, a method of self-hypnosis to access altered-states of consciousness.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:28 AM
Master

https://nowdictation.com/q/'born+blind'/

This quote from "Seth Speaks" seems relevant to the OP question.

Seth says that you have visual images when you are born, internal visual images, symbols that are activated the moment you open your eyes for the first time. These serve you as learning mechanisms. You keep trying to utilize your eyes properly until exterior images conform with the inner patterns.

The eye-opening activates the inner mechanism. If there is something wrong physically with the eyes, if they are blind for example, then that particular mechanism is not activated at that time. The personality may have chosen to be born blind for his own reasons. If those reasons change, or if inner psychic developments occur, then the physical eyes will be healed and the inner mechanism activated.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:59 AM
Master
They generally comprehend colours in textural terms, so green is like leaves, red is warm or hot, yellow is like sunshine, blue is cool, brown is like dirt etc.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:35 AM
Master

Hi Inavalan.
Wow. So in depth.
So many theories and explanations connected to this. And I fully agree with the theory that for whatever reason some of us may have chosen to be born blind prior to birth.
Babies of course are born virtually blind and develop their sight over a period of weeks/ months.
I believe the first colour they ever see after a few months is red.

Hmm. Your concept of the third eye is interesting. Given that you think it's not a given thing but a psychic ability would you therefore conclude that not everyone can develop the ability to see through it ?
Again, it's an interesting concept .
Old 02-04-2023, 09:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
They generally comprehend colours in textural terms, so green is like leaves, red is warm or hot, yellow is like sunshine, blue is cool, brown is like dirt etc.
Hi Gem. And again makes complete sense.
They "see" colour through "touch".
I know if we lose one of our senses the others become heightened to compensate.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:43 AM
Master
I saw the title of this thread and felt I’d share my story, which I have shared bits and pieces of on this forum previously.

I was a U.S. Army combat medic in 1967 serving in Vietnam during that war. I was on a helicopter that was shot out of the sky, the helicopter crashed and out of eight that was on the helicopter only two survived. Myself and another crew member. The other crew member lost his legs and I lost my eyesight in both eyes and was totally blind for about 5-years.

I went through more then a dozen eye surgeries to regain my eyesight. Losing my eyesight was a major freak out at first but over time I adjusted to being blind and had some pretty incredible spiritual experiences while I was blind. We have outer sight and also inner or insight, and I learned how to see with my sense of touch. I also met a guru when I was blind who taught me how to quiet my mind and meditate.

One of the biggest lessons I learned from my blindness was that while we may look at things with our eyes we will only see them with our awareness, and when I was blind I saw things that I failed to see when I had 20/20 eyesight. Yes, there is a blackness when we close our eyes but in that blackness we can nurture silence. The silence brings forth a feeling of peace, and the peace can bring forth joy, joy can turn into bliss, and bliss can literally bring forth light.

I learned that there are layers there which we can peel away with quiet concentration. When I was taught how to meditate I was shown several techniques, one of those techniques was a technique to open my third eye. Which in my opinion opens a tunnel of light into the realm of pure spirit, and that light from our third eye can flood our mind and body. The quality of that light is such that when you feel it, it feels like overwhelming intoxicating love. There are colors in the spiritual realm in hues which we do not have here on Earth, our eyes can only see the color spectrum from infrared to ultra violet, but color continues beyond those limitations, as does sound. There are also celestial sounds that we may not hear on Earth.

In retrospect I look upon my going blind as a gift. It opened a whole new existence for me. Although I would not wish blindness, or my experience in Vietnam, on anyone. A person who is totally blind can learn to see with all of themselves other than their eyes. It was amazing to lay on an operating room table under a local anesthetic while doctors operated on my eyes. I could not see the outside world but I could see them operating on the inside of my eyeball, and it was so crystal clear. Seeing from our spiritual self is much clearer, and more vivid, then seeing with 20/20 vision. I could say a lot more but it seems I already have a lengthy post here.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:43 AM
Master

... Also, the concept of babies born blind permanently , it would be of some comfort to think they might have a recollection during their dreams of colour and image from a past life .