Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 04-07-2021, 10:15 AM
Master
How much energy does maya have?

This is becoming one of my favourite topics - maya I mean. How much energy do you think maya has? If maya is in fact illusionary then does it contains much raw power or clout? My impression is that maya can wield tremendous power. Things like volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, atomic explosions and on an even bigger scale things like the second world war.

Such power and force!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:59 AM
Master

power of maya

True. It has tremendous power because it 's the amazing creation of God and its sustained by it . If there is not enough power exercised by one , one can easily dragged/drowned in the overpowering / drowning powers of Maya.
Old 13-07-2021, 06:24 AM
Master

As per Ramana Maharshi, it is the turbulent mind that is Maya.

Aside from practical thought and work, the mind habitually thinks and emotes for the sake of experiencing sensation within and without, based on memories and imagination. This pursuit of sensation however is bound to result in misery. (due to the factor of impermanence and saturation)

This habitual thinking and emoting, veils the Self (Awareness) within which is characteristic of joy and peace. Thus the habitual mind creates misery for itself, and prevents the emergence of that which is a natural source of bliss and joy for oneself.

In meditation, when the flow of habitual thinking and emoting ceases, one experiences peace and joy precisely due to this reason.

So I would say that to the extent one is miserable, to that extent the person is under the grip and domination of Maya.

And to the extent one is peaceful and joyful through the Self alone, to that extent he or she has conquered Maya.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 13-07-2021, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
How much energy do you think maya has?
The polar opposites are extreme, but the sum of them is zero.
Old 13-07-2021, 10:44 AM
Energy of maya? You got that right, Honza - a hurricane, a volcano...Gee, drop a bowling ball
on your foot and see the energy or force of gravity.
Don't eat for a day and have a plate of delicious food in front of you -see the pull of maya.
Be in prison for 10 years and feel the 'energy' of the first gorgeous woman that smiles at you!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-07-2021, 08:54 AM
Master

Quote:
This is becoming one of my favourite topics - maya I mean. How much energy do you think maya has? If maya is in fact illusionary then does it contains much raw power or clout? ...
Maya is potent enough to drag a person to peak negativity, emotivity and reactivity. The pits of hell is but our own highly agitated state of mind filled with such.

This is because the mind tends to move in the direction of negativity. It is easier to perform vice than virtue. Krishna had stated that the practice of virtue is an austerity in itself.

Hence the reason austerities are emphasized in Hinduism and other religions so as to master the mind and establish it in the Self or Buddha nature.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 15-07-2021 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked
Old 15-07-2021, 04:08 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
This is becoming one of my favourite topics - maya I mean. How much energy do you think maya has? If maya is in fact illusionary then does it contains much raw power or clout? My impression is that maya can wield tremendous power.
The illusion is not that reality isn't real.

So sure, there are all kinds of things meant to distract us, and make us suffer.

The thing to focus on is that there is more than this world, and not to get caught up in the dust storm that is constant while we are here.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 15-07-2021 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked