Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Legrand

Symbolic Study of the Tarot and the Tree of Life

I feel like doing again an exploration of the symbolic of the Tarot and the Tree of Life I did some 25 years ago. It took me 128 weeks on the serpent path of wisdom of the Tree of Life.

It’s a way among many to become aware in more details of 128 different ways for the Divine to manifest Itself.

For that I use the symbolic of different Tarot deck and that of the Tree of Life, that are closely related, and allow to the energies behind those symbols to manifest in my day to day life for the week. Exploring one symbol a week along the serpent path of Wisdom.

There are four Worlds for the Tree of Life. Starting from the highest:

ATZILUTH: (Hebrew word meaning proximity) is the first world to emerge from Negative Existence. Its name or title is the Unlimited World of Divine Names.
Atziluth is God in all these aspects, no doubt, but without contact with creatures. God acts directly and not through his ministers.
It will be associated here to the element Fire and in Tarot to the Wands.

BRIAH: the second world, emanates from the tenth sephirah of Atziluth; it is the archangelic world of Creation.
Briah derives from the Hebrew root BRA (Beriah), meaning "teaching or creating". Here, the idea is driven by a desire to manifest itself, to become something.
It will be associated here to the element Water and in Tarot to the Cups.

YETZIRAH: the third world, emanates from the tenth sephirah of Briah. It is the Angelic world of Formation. The word "Yetzirah" derives from the Chaldean word ITzR, meaning "to form or to do".
In this world reside the intelligent and immaterial creatures, each wrapped in a luminous garment; they are asexual and capable, by divine permission, of taking a form perceptible to men when they appear. They are also spirits, energies or helping forces that fulfill the Will of God. This world is immediately above the earthly world and the first one that contacts man's consciousness when it blossoms. It has the general characteristics that we mean by the astral word.
It will be associated here to the element Air and in Tarot to the Swords.

ASSIAH: the fourth world, is the Elementary World of Action.
Towards this plane are directed the forces and powers of the other three worlds. In this world, the qualities and essences of the other three are weakened and distorted. In him, we see obscurely as if through a glass. Atziluth's divine plan can be glimpsed, but only briefly as a completely inaccessible ideal; even Briah's archangelical creatures cannot be grasped by our limited senses and Yetzirah's divine forms are only perceived in a distorted way, as gods with clay feet. Our world is a twilight world of uncertainty and, like blind people, we are still unable to distinguish anything clearly. The veil of illusion covers everything.
It will be associated here to the element Earth and in Tarot to the Disks.

For those who do not know about the Serpent path of Wisdom on the Tree of Life here is a picture among many I found on the Internet:

Part of my comments are translated from French, as it is my first language. My comments want to be as brief as possible. I leave it to the reader to do his or her own research on the symbolic involved.

Enjoy!