Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 02-07-2011, 04:41 PM
mashpashable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of the Mountain
In my culture, owls are the most sacred of birds. I can't really say why because I don't really know, and those who do know are very hush-hush when the word Owl is mentioned. All I do know is that they are messengers, able to travel through the barrier that separates life from death. Who they carry their messages from and to is beyond me. Oh, and they're also guardians of a sort. I found this out just a few weeks ago when an almost complete stranger (to me, known to my mother) walked up and told me I have an owl sitting on my shoulder. Funny, because before that I was told a wolf stood beside me.
A wolf and an owl, all I need is a dolphin and I'll have land, air and water surrounding me.

That's very interesting! I do believe the owl gives me messages at times. I see owl decor, owl clothing, hear them at night at times! My friend just gave me an owl necklace, not aware at the time that there would be meaning behind it. I feel a strong connection with owls. They are beautiful :)
Old 02-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Master
Just the other week, I was on a bush walk with my friend and i saw my first ever in my life live owl not far from me, the owl started to fly away just as i showed my friend - i just about burst into tears..wow

i have only had that reaction one other time when i went to walk away from a huge smokey quartz crystal......very awwesome

Old 04-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Experiencer
In the book The Secret Language of Signs by Denise Linn she says:
This is a very significant sign, as the owl is a powerful symbol of transformation. If this sign appears for you, there is probably a transformation coming into your life.

And in the Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams & David Carson "Deception. Owl medicine is symbolically associated with clairvoyance, astral projection, and magic, both black and white. Owl is called Night Eagle on several medicine wheels used by American Indian teachers. Traditionally, Owl sits in the East, the place of illumination. Since time immemorial, humanity has been afraid of the night, the dark, and the unseen--waiting fearfully for the first crack of morning light. Conversely, night is Owl's friend."
Old 04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenstar
In the book The Secret Language of Signs by Denise Linn she says:
This is a very significant sign, as the owl is a powerful symbol of transformation. If this sign appears for you, there is probably a transformation coming into your life.

And in the Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams & David Carson "Deception. Owl medicine is symbolically associated with clairvoyance, astral projection, and magic, both black and white. Owl is called Night Eagle on several medicine wheels used by American Indian teachers. Traditionally, Owl sits in the East, the place of illumination. Since time immemorial, humanity has been afraid of the night, the dark, and the unseen--waiting fearfully for the first crack of morning light. Conversely, night is Owl's friend."

YEP!!!

nightowl
Old 05-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Master
Thank you Ravenstar

here are two sites i enjoy

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/owl.htm
http://www.goddessrealm.com/inspirat...imal.html#OWL_

xoxoxoxo
Old 05-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Lady of the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashpashable
That's very interesting! I do believe the owl gives me messages at times. I see owl decor, owl clothing, hear them at night at times! My friend just gave me an owl necklace, not aware at the time that there would be meaning behind it. I feel a strong connection with owls. They are beautiful :)

I hear them too. I live beside a park and they sit in the trees closest to my window and hoot all night. I have to be honest, I find it really annoying, there are dozens of other houses around the park that they can go bother. But owls in my country aren't like normal owls, they're native to my country. We call them Moreporks because when they "hoot" it sounds like they're saying More Pork.
Imagine trying to go to sleep and all you can hear is "More Pork, More Pork". Not fun.