Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-03-2023, 01:37 PM
Seeker

Take the Stone Out

Out of your own eye first before you remove the speck from your neighbor's eye. A gal asked me what I thought of her as a person. You want the truth? Yes she said. I told her. She went on the defensive immediately. People that are close to you, know you. You want the truth try it for yourself. Then write down what they say and work on changing yourself into a more loving person. No time like the present. After all it's what true spirituality is all about.
Old 25-03-2023, 01:59 PM
Master

But if you look at it from another angle, that was only ONE persons opinion of you, so you can’t take that as “gospel”. Other people might see you quite differently. For me personally I would get three peoples opinion before I made a decision.

Just a thought.
Old 25-03-2023, 03:22 PM
Me? I would NEVER ask anyone that question.
It's like, "Honey do I look fat in this dress?"

Matt 7:5 ESV
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly
to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Matt 7:5 KJV
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly
to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-03-2023, 04:57 PM
Master

given how much the exterior world mirrors the world within, it is also possible to take 'random comments' made by 'strangers' to heart and see what one might be doing wrong... not fun mind you.... but possible...
Old 25-03-2023, 06:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluediamond56
A gal asked me what I thought of her as a person. You want the truth? Yes she said. I told her. She went on the defensive immediately.
Maybe a better response would have been "It doesn't matter what I think of you as a person. What do you think of yourself?"

We are all mirrors for each other, and we see different aspects of ourselves reflected in those around us. But how many of us are sufficiently clear in ourselves to provide an undistorted reflection for others?

We can read many stories about spiritual teachers and their disciples. True spiritual teachers have a clarity which allows them to be a mirror for their disciples to see themselves reflected without any distortion from the teacher.

Peace
Old 25-03-2023, 09:03 PM
Administrator
I would agree with iamthat

Namaste
Old 26-03-2023, 05:14 AM
Master
If when asking such questions, if I hear the same kind of answer from more then one person over time, then I give it more validity, but if it is an isolated answer from one person, an answer which I have never heard before from anyone else who I have asked, then I take it as solely that persons’ perspective and it probably has nothing to do with me.

When you ask a person to be truthful you should understand that they are being truthful from their point of view. If you like the outfit you are wearing what does it matter if others don’t like it? Do we really dress to impress others? There is a Zen Buddhist saying; “it is better to see yourself clearly then to be concerned about how others see you.”
Old 26-03-2023, 10:48 AM
Master

Totally agree with Starman.
Old 26-03-2023, 11:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
We can read many stories about spiritual teachers and their disciples.
True spiritual teachers have a clarity which allows them to be a mirror for their disciples to see themselves reflected
without any distortion from the teacher. Peace
Amazing. Good stuff.
Old 27-03-2023, 12:50 PM
Master

Maybe true love is more dependent on the ability to forgive rather than the ability to admire…