Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-03-2023, 10:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Return to Eden

In my struggles with faith and the heavy influence of human thoughts and feelings in what we perceive as the word of God and ultimately organized religion, I found myself always coming back to Genesis, as if somehow my subconscious was continuously working at finding truth and was drawn to these words of our origins.

I kept asking: What exactly did Adam and Eve lose when the fell? What were they like before they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Now as anyone who tries to match biblical texts and reality would have to admit, only an allegorical or at least less literal interpretation can give any relief to the issues with reality found here, because if we embrace magical thinking there is no point in seeking truth because truth becomes meaningless. Truth can unfortunately only be defined in terms of and with reference of things we have certainty about.

I had almost given up on Genesis in the sense of finding anything meaningful when I had a dream. In the dream I had written down all the symbolism in Genesis, especially the early chapters, and was struggling with them in terms of finding meanings that would match similar symbolism in Revelation, and then also have practical meaning in the real world. I had things like: The water and sea means information, brought about by the study of nations, the earth means a foundation of knowledge that is confirmed, the trees are interpretations of this knowledge and hence world views or ways of living/being etc. Then in the dream the hand of God drew a figure around all my symbolism in the shape or outline of a human head.

When I woke up I realized that Genesis is an allegory of the evolution of the human mind. This can be most clearly seen in the striking similarity between evolution and what happened in Eden.

Let me keep it as simple as possible: In the evolution of our species and especially our consciousness there are milestones. There is bi-pedalism with subsequent narrowing of the birth canal and its impact on child birth, the fetus being born less developed as a result. There is our increased consciousness of self, and a subsequent understanding of the loss of death, resulting in development of burial practices and also a sense of shame about nakedness and the resultant covering with clothing. Then ultimately our moral development and sense of right and wrong.

Now compared to what happened in Genesis in terms of original sin the similarities are striking: Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge, they realized they were naked, death entered on the scene, Eve's pain of childbirth was increased and they became responsible for their deeds, being able to sin.

This leads me to believe that what happened to our early ancestors was that they became self conscious enough to realize the loss of death, and the consequences of their actions. They started wearing clothes. They became aware of their flesh, and lost the more instinctual nature. This is also alluded to when Jesus said that the kingdom belongs to ones such as children, it being well known that our development into adulthood is a snapshot of the evolution of our species. They start innocent and end up responsible.

So what is original sin? It is the process where we as a species chose the tree of evolution that lead to greater consciousness, known as eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It brought death to us because we were ignorant of death before then. It brought responsibility, because we use to be innocent in ignorance. It brought shame of our naked form due to self awareness.

So how do we return to Eden? The garden is guarded by cherubs and a burning sword. When we live in our conscious mind we live in awareness of our flesh, we become flesh and thus cannot live forever. The sword does not suffer flesh to return to Eden. If we are able to live according to our subconscious mind, and not present in the flesh with our conscious we become spirit. By being selfless, and ego less, and less present in the physical world by chasing faith and spirit, we can return to innocence. The serpent is symbolic of our self interest and drive for self preservation. How ironic that religions aspire to preservation of self in heaven or paradise - just as the serpent said: "you will surely not die", when Jesus died to prove the opposite.

This return to innocence is how we can get past the cherubs and burning sword. If we realise the self is an illusion and construct of the mind we can let go of it in selflessness and ego death then walk the garden again in faith, walking with God, who embodies selflessness, and the non material reality. Here is everlasting life because in selflessness we are in union with God and his son, who are eternal because they are not bound to the physical world that perishes. When 'me' is left behind, death becomes irrelevant. Every time a living entity expresses selflessness Abraham lives, Jesus lives and the selfless me lives because we are one with God.

So friends, in my humble opinion we should not live in our consciousness of flesh but seek our subconscious roots where we are innocent. Like children, and like our early ancestors who did not know death, even though they died. Now the words of Gods son makes sense: 25Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies. 26And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”

There seems to be parts of the subconscious that exist outside of space and time - according to Carl Jung
Old 11-03-2023, 12:39 PM
Master
[Quote Sacred
If we realise the self is an illusion and construct of the mind we can let go of it in selflessness]

Who/what sees the self as an 'illusion' and then lets go of it ?
Old 12-03-2023, 02:44 AM
Experiencer

Eden translates-paradise--A promise Gods kingdom will fullfill for the righteous on earth-Psalm 37:29
Old 12-03-2023, 03:22 AM
Knower

we will return to the eden. everything will before the fall of man. and jesus is the one who did. we will be in the paradise. he wanted us to be !

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 12-03-2023 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Placed periods so it would be easier to follow
Old 12-03-2023, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Eden translates-paradise--A promise Gods kingdom will fullfill for the righteous on earth-Psalm 37:29
We are 'All' righteous '

"Isaiah 61:10. “I will rejoice greatly in the Lord. My soul will exalt in my God for he has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness.”
Old 12-03-2023, 02:37 PM
Master
If we are all righteous, why is the Doomsday Clock so close to midnight?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-03-2023, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The one the vengeful wizard Zorlock created ?
Old 12-03-2023, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Who said it was?
(Oh, or do you mean interpretations being made from Revelation?)

Btw, Isaiah was talking about himself in that verse above - he was clothed in righteousness, imo. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-03-2023, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The one the vengeful wizard Zorlock created ?
No, the one Albert Einstein promoted.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-03-2023, 05:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Who said it was?
(Oh, or do you mean interpretations being made from Revelation?)

The Doomsday Clock is updated each year by Science and The Science and Security Board of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. This year, it was set closer to midnight which means we are closer to nuclear annihilation then we have ever been before. We are now 90 seconds from midnight. We have never gotten this close before, not even during the 1963 Cuban Crisis.

During the 1963 Cuban Crisis, we got to Defcon 2. We probably are now at Defcon 1.