Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 25-02-2023, 01:05 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Mark 10:18 New International Version
18 (Jesus said) “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone."
They look to me like opposite statements. Or maybe in the John quote Jesus is talking about being detached from his ego and in the Mark quote, Jesus is talking about his "person" or ego.
Maisy,

The Mark quote is very interesting…….it was a response that was made for contemplation. ‘No one is good except God alone’ is to plant the seed in their minds ‘that all that is good comes from above’ and, for us, the words of the Doxology….”praise God from whom all blessings flow”. Jesus knew that at that time they could only perceive him as human…..to openly declare to be God would have been blasphemous to them…..making them unreceptive to anything he taught. He kept the ace in his pocket. He knew that it was necessary for him to go away. Then, in retrospect, they could realize His divinity. The ‘aha’ moment when they could say…..”that explains everything”. In the end it turns out that they, indeed, were right to call him ‘good’……it just needed the passage of time.
Old 25-02-2023, 02:54 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Can you be a Buddhist and a charistian?

I can do as I choose.Which I mostly do.
Unless I am joining a group or club, then it is
beneficial to abide by group or club rules for harmony.
Labels aren't important to me.
Groups and clubs come and go.
Old 25-02-2023, 07:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Father, Son, Holy Spirit - Three - The Trinity.....

How come Jesus and Paul warn of all other Gods being false then both name only the Father as God? 1Cor 8:5-6-John 4:22-24[/quote]

Yes only the Father is God and Jesus is God in Human Form.
"I and the Father are one" John 10:30.

“God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him” (Colossians 1:19).

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.” Revelation 22:13:
Old 25-02-2023, 08:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Can you be a Buddhist and a charistian? and do the deity practices that they have? Like the Bodhisattva Buddha of compassion Chenrezig. He has been described to me that he isn't a God but a Celestial Being.
You can invent whatever religion you want, as long as your practices don't break the laws of the land, and if those laws allow, you can even open a new church.

Now, if you want to be recognized as a member of an established congregation without adhering to its precepts, then you should expect to be rejected. They don't have any obligation to accept you, nor your beliefs.

There are various flavors of Buddhism and of Christianity, but I don't think that they are compatible in any way. Buddhism is basically atheist, while Christianity is theist. But this shouldn't stop you from inventing whatever appeals to you, with the caveats mentioned above.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-02-2023 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Tops, 3 sentences when quoting
Old 25-02-2023, 12:18 PM
Knower
m and Christianity
Quote:
Can you be a Buddhist and a charistian? and do the deity practices that they have? Like the Bodhisattva Buddha of compassion Chenrezig.
I will talk about my opinion because I most identify myself as a Buddhist Christian but it is just my opinion. You can take it with a grain of salt.

Looking a little beyond the meditative or worship related rituals of both Buddhism and Christianity what exactly do these two religions symbolize ?

Christianity symbolizes faith in God before thought. Buddhism symbolizes trust in humanity through intelligence and goodness.

How can you harmonize the two then ? By never thinking ill about Man or God, and also by using your intelligence along with faith.

Also, Buddhism symbolizes strength to bear suffering without linking the suffering to an almighty God, which might bring in fear of God as it happens to some Christians.

So, in my opinion, weak people should first become strong in suffering by becoming BUddhists, and once they have become strong, then they can become strong in God giving them suffering through the well known Christian tests.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-02-2023 at 09:22 PM. Reason: tops, 3 sentences when quoting
Old 25-02-2023, 04:22 PM
Experiencer

Sky,

Jesus also said "The father is greater than I."
John 14:28
Old 25-02-2023, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Sky,
Yes He did....

Philippians 2:5–11 ESV

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Old 25-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.” Revelation 22:13:
At the end of Rev 20--this occurs-1Cor 15:24-28--it is Jehovah who speaks after that point.
They are one in purpose--Jesus only does his Fathers will-John 5:30--as do the true followers(Matt 7:21) who become one with them.
John 17:3--In EVERY translation on earth= This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus.----- Best to believe Jesus, all his true followers do.
Old 25-02-2023, 09:25 PM
Anyone else noticing how many times, all over the Forum,
I have to say "THREE sentences when quoting others"?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-02-2023, 10:10 PM
Master

Quote:

I think an entity not in a physical body will always be greater than one in a body.
Closed Thread