Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-02-2023, 07:21 PM
Newbie ;)

What if the Bible didn't exist?

Would you still believe?
Old 12-02-2023, 07:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Flats
Would you still believe?

Believe in what ?
Old 12-02-2023, 09:08 PM
Master

We all have our individual beliefs: conscious (assumptions) and unconscious (truths). They create the reality we perceive.

The Bible is a symbolical description of the known and the unknown realities, for each one of us to interpret it. There are many other such attempts that we can choose from.

The difficulty isn't in the accuracy of any source, but in our ability to interpret its symbolism, in our ability to minimize the distortions inherently introduced by our beliefs.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-02-2023, 09:18 PM
Administrator
Hello

If one is to look at history of the past it seems that mankind has always had a belief in something or some form of a God (god) or other spiritual symbol in some sort of way.

If there was no bible then I feel we would still have had something that was the more popular rule of thumb we followed along with.

What I do wonder would the world be at times without Christianity or other major forms of Religion or organized faith ?

We do so need that "something" that bonds us to the Universe and Divine.

Wonder where all that honestly originated from or how it came to be at times.

Lynn
Old 12-02-2023, 09:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn

We do so need that "something" that bonds us to the Universe and Divine.

Wonder where all that honestly originated from or how it came to be at times.

Lynn
I believe that we all get (spiritual) telepathic knowledge and guidance, from the moment we join the womb, until we pass over. We get most of it unconsciously, and in our sleep.

That's how humans learn the most.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-02-2023, 09:51 PM
Pathfinder

Forum

It was-It is-We are!Take care and God bless the blessed!Absolutely no twisted parallels!Absolutely Straight Forward!Gary V. Giardina!Isn't the question when one finds obvious New Testament discrepencies between Matthew Mark Luke and John why did God allow its foibles?The things some would dismiss or suggest weren't mutually witnessed merely prove they scattered after Golgotha!Additionally there's a few things amongst John's recorded words that prove what is amongst his words and that is the Book was written from his notes and his followers insist he stands with everything he wrote .Notice the temple clearing story is not near where the Synoptics put it.John's puts it at the beginning and of course the synoptics put it near the end. Proving it got sequentially shuffled before they went through his writings .Take care and God bless the blessed!Absolutely no twisted parallels!
Absolutely Straight Forword!Gary V. Giardina!This sent before 3:51 P.M. February 12th. 2023!
Old 12-02-2023, 10:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
We all have our individual beliefs: conscious (assumptions) and unconscious (truths). They create the reality we perceive.

The Bible is a symbolical description of the known and the unknown realities, for each one of us to interpret it. There are many other such attempts that we can choose from.

The difficulty isn't in the accuracy of any source, but in our ability to interpret its symbolism, in our ability to minimize the distortions inherently introduced by our beliefs.

In a nut shell what you are saying is "seek the truth". Why would we seek anything else?
Old 12-02-2023, 10:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello
What I do wonder would the world be at times without Christianity or other major forms of Religion or organized faith ?
I ask myself that same question several times a day.

I assume you are familiar with our history?
For one, we would be 1000 years ahead technological than where we are now. Since so many of our educated were tortured and burned alive by the christians it makes you wonder where we would be by now if they had lived. In fact so many educated people were slaughtered by the christian hoards they threw us into the dark ages where millions more perished from starvation and disease. 2/3 of your ancestors were slaughtered by the church. Many of the old historic churches still have dungeons and torture chambers beneath them. (That is why ISIS is using the old churches to set up camp and torture people, everything they need is there already). Entire civilizations such as the Inca's, the Aztecs, probably the Mayan were wiped from the face of the earth to rob them of their wealth and land. The American Indians got off easy. In fact, the closest thing to hell humans have ever seen was the christian hoards raping, torturing and burning while conquering the known world through violence, death and destruction. The christian hoards have slaughtered more people than all modern wars combined. But the worst of it was the destruction of ancient artifacts, libraries and written records telling us of our true history so that they might promote their own version. The victors write the history books.
I always wonder where we would be without it.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:30 PM
Master

Quote:
In a nut shell what you are saying is "seek the truth". Why would we seek anything else?

No. I'm not saying "seek the truth".

I'm saying: "learn", "grow up", "evolve". As Jack said in that movie ... "you can't handle truth!". Surely, here the connotation is different: you need to be able to handle the truth. Think of a first-grader who is presented with some truth like "how a car is driven", "what a logarithm is", "how babies are made", ...

"Seeking the truth" could be quite detrimental to one's progress when he doesn't know what he's doing. It could be worse than a waste of time.

Besides, if you don't know how to see through the filter of your beliefs, you can't see the truth.
Old 13-02-2023, 04:37 PM
Master

Quote:

I think most are not seeking truth, they are seeking pleasure. I think the "highest" pleasure is in being a kind and loving giving person who loves and forgives all. The best religions try to point us to being better people and to find pleasure in the highest most unselfish ways.

I think "seek the truth" is included in seeking pleasure as well because the greatest truth is we are all connected to each other and one family. Everyone should love and take care of each other because we are all one in my view.