Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 13-03-2023, 06:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
Forget kindness, it will keep you from finding the permanent peace you desire. Focus on truth, only truth.
Nothing wrong with kindness. I suspect that when we look back on our lives after death it will be all the forgotten small kindnesses we have done for others which will shine most brightly in our life review.

Truth is rather an abstract thing to try to focus on. For most people truth is just another idea, another impediment to realisation.

Peace
Old 14-03-2023, 10:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I suspect that when we look back on our lives after death it will be all the forgotten small kindnesses we have done for others which will shine most brightly in our life review.

I agree - I believe everything will pale in comparison, except maybe our regrets.
Old 14-03-2023, 10:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
Forget kindness, it will keep you from finding the permanent peace you desire. Focus on truth, only truth.

Any truth you find that is not synoymous with love is not the eternal truth.
Old 15-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
That's funny. My suffering must be filled with falsehoods then.

It's so tormenting, I cannot even identify the suffering. Even saying that I'm suffering is falsehood. But for me, it is an undeniable truth. Filled with confusion and unidentifiability.

In the eternal truth there is a reason for all I experience perhaps. But since I got no acces to that truth, I am suffering in confusion.
Old 18-03-2023, 02:46 PM
Knower

Quote:
As long as one defines eternal truth (holds it to a form), eternal truth remain veiled.
Old 18-03-2023, 04:29 PM
Knower

[quote=Ewwerrin]That's funny. My suffering must be filled with falsehoods then.

I'll trade ya. I bet mine are worse.

Pain is Nature's Way of telling you something's wrong. Be thankful. Ha! Just kidding. I wouldn't wish my life on anybody. Sure makes you focus on your problems, though.

"Do not pay undue attention to the passing scenes of life. You are the immortal self (consciousness) living only temporarily in a dream that is sometimes (imagined) to be a nightmare. That is the higher philosophy (and truth) of the mystics." -- Yogananda
Old 19-03-2023, 04:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
That's funny. My...
...mystics." -- Yogananda
I wish there was no suffering. I'm just so tired of it.
I woulden't wish it on you either and no one. I hope God trades all its bliss with everyone who suffers, their suffering. lol
let everyone be happy, God, please.

but jokes aside. Please God help me and help all. And you also.

Please, God, I beg you. Whoever is powerful enough. To transform this entire planet into bliss consciousness. or something without any suffering at all. let all beings be of bliss. I so hope! I soooo hope... so much.

Why not, God? Why not... Let all be in bliss forevermore and forever more.
Old 19-03-2023, 04:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Any truth you find that is not synonymous with love is not the eternal truth.

I think that's because our true self, our core of being, is divine love. So when everything stops, all body and body mind identification, our internal thought stream, when we completely surrender or let go, let it be, without any resistance or interpretation or conflict, our true nature is present.

I think the human race would be doomed if we had to create divine love ourselves. Instead, we just have to stop creating and doing thing that hide it. I think it's our natural state. Our true selves natural state. I think the natural state of the body mind or our internal thought stream is resistance and conflict.
Old 19-03-2023, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I think that's...
... and conflict.
yeah with meditation I can pierce the veil, but it's very hard and difficult. Requires immense focus and immense consistency and stability and unwaverability of focus. Just to quiet the mind. Just to allow bliss to pour in. And then the slightest of wrong thought causes it all to come crashing and burning down. It's an intense energy, our true nature. Immense energy. Hard to stabilize the self in the allowing of it. Hard to maintain alignment with it.

But can start with easy occasional gentle meditations to gradually release resistance.
Old 20-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Nothing wrong with kindness. Truth is rather an abstract thing to try to focus on.
I speak of forgetting kindness and focusing only on the truth because sometimes focusing on dualistic concepts such as "kindness" (in contrast to "unkindness") keeps one chained to their thought identification entanglement.

Keeping true to discovering what is true is the laser beam that lifts one up and out of the ups and downs and backs and forths of human thinking. Having said this, the journey to discovering what is true of one's nature usually involves the use of abstract (impersonal) thought such as 'God', 'consciousness', 'infinite', 'eternal', 'formless', etc. As I was once so wisely told: "one must go through the mind to go beyond the mind."