Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 29-01-2023, 09:39 PM
Master
Love would have us forgive and forget, I say get over it and move on, it's not difficult at all least you think it's difficult.

utopiandreamchild
Old 29-01-2023, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
While a forgiving God is comforting to believe in, he also commands Joshua to annihilate the Canaanites
and his messenger to torment the non-believers.
Unlike God, the universe does not act on whims.
I would like to add, if I may, that is what it says in the Bible....does that mean God really commanded that?
I can not say, myself. It's not the Father God, Creator I know.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-01-2023, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
While a forgiving God is comforting to believe in, he also commands Joshua to annihilate the Canaanites and his messenger to torment the non-believers. Unlike God, the universe does not act on whims.

There are many God's, the biblical God is just one of them. I am a biblical son and acknowledge my biblical birth rights being of the Roman Catholic church inherited from my father.

However I believe the Bible teachings have been lost in translation, imo God is the loving father of all creation and would only choose the righteous over the unrighteous so maybe that's why he ordered Joshua to war against the canaanites, maybe they were unrighteous peoples and if that was the case and they were unrighteous then Amen.

The unrighteous are undeserving and reap what they sow.

utopiandreamchild
Old 30-01-2023, 05:29 AM
Experiencer

My process is different than the two choices given. For me it is more like grieve, accept, receive, reflect.

Where I cannot forgive I am still feeling there is some threat. The issue in that case really is that I am still in a grief process trying to accept what is. What happened, has happened, and now what is is what is. This awareness cannot be forced, it has it's own timing from within.

If there is immediate problem still remaining, creating some space between me and them is often required to open the door to the healing process and allow the grief to be felt. This is the only part I feel where firmness of will is required. Or maybe the space is composed of a temporary forgetfulness, until we are ready.

I know that acceptance and forgiveness is complete when the past is of no consequence. No further expectation for anything to change. A stillness where nothing else needs to happen. It ends there.

I also know that others who appear to cause harm are not even doing it to me personally. They are just lashing out at ghosts of their own imagination. The meaning of "they know not what they do". Likewise I am doing the same. Though once aware, I do need to own my involvement where my actions have caused harm.

And in deeper awareness, respect the responsibility that comes with becoming the projection of another for whatever reason. I like the Huna religion, where even if someone tells you they are upset because of a conflict or something you did to them in a dream, that you should ask for forgiveness and make amends in real life.

Just realized forgive can be interpreted fore-give. I must give before the change occurs. A leap of faith is needed for the resolution. Which is the spiritual path. Creative expression based on the knowledge of the unseen and the unknown. Our position to advance creation. From the Lord's prayer, "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". It happens all together.

Forgiveness for me is usually impossible until it is no longer necessary. So it is more of a practice rather than a simple one-time choice. Once I get to the point where I can receive, grace, love, peace. Then it is only natural to reflect those qualities that are received. So I guess that is the hope to keep going.
Old 30-01-2023, 06:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
I know that acceptance and forgiveness is complete when the past is of no consequence. No further expectation for anything to change. A stillness where nothing else needs to happen. It ends there.

Thanks winter light.
Your entire post was worth the read.
Old 30-01-2023, 09:24 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with that

Namaste
Old 31-01-2023, 05:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hi. You titled this thread, "Forgive and Forget or Embrace and Learn"
I'm going to run with Let go, Learn, and Move On. I think most people who others might suggest I forgive - are the very people who need to learn how to forgive themselves.
Old 01-02-2023, 02:03 AM
Master
I choose never to forget so to forgive and forget wouldn't be my thing however embrace and learn yeah, I'm in.
Love it thanks,

utopiandreamchild
Old 01-02-2023, 12:04 PM
Master

''I’m going to run with Let go, Learn, and Move On. I think most people who others might suggest I forgive - are the very people who need to learn how to forgive themselves.'' - Siren

Yep Siren I’m in agreement with your comments.
Old 01-02-2023, 12:43 PM
Administrator
As I have said before Forgiving is the easy part Forgetting is the hardest thing to do, some people are so traumatised by what they have seen or had done to them that they cannot forget

Namaste