Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-01-2023, 05:10 AM
Master
Filling the void

From a human perspective, we fill up in so many ways of life, especially during times where the void encroaches us, in some way. When the void tells us we are alone, we seek out company of others, friends, family or a companion to help relieve that feeling.

We distract ourselves and fill up with stuff that is regulated from an outside perspective. We miss a vital part of understanding ourselves without any of that in place.

For many, the void is often a place that is feared. To enter fully into the void of yourself, it requires you to be present with all of you. With everything you feel, with everything that arises in you as you experience yourself in this way. In many ways, I liken the void as the place where you no longer control what seeks to be known. You allow without control, without distraction or external projections to move you away from you.

Life itself in our choices to participate and indulge, often reflects back to us, our ability to sit fully with ourselves or not. Our humanness decides through those choices, how long, how far and how much we indulge, the balance within ourselves will resolve itself and consistently call you back to yourself, in any way, your not willing to know you and listen to your inner processors.

‘Know thyself’ - if you are here, existing as a whole being, regardless of your ignorance, your lack or your avoidance, you cannot dismiss any part of you. All of you matters. All of you counts. All of you is living in this body experiencing itself.

One beautiful aspect of your being/my being is compassionate loving kindness. When we are hard on ourselves, fight with ourselves or life around us, when we push too hard and just don’t know the way to be any different, your compassionate self is the gift to be kind and gentle, loving and supportive to you. To forgive and let go. To let yourself move deep into the void, where emptiness gives rise to freedom, to loving kindness and compassionate living.

The void becomes your friend.

The movements from this place no longer misses, no longer fills up with unnecessary baggage, but allows for the complimentary unified energies to be grounded in you, for you, for all life.

When you acknowledge the void as your best friend, when you sit in a place where everything of you is allowed to be, the void expands into the beautiful gift you are to you.

No longer do you project from a place of lack, no longer do you try to fill up thus connection that us you, but you honour all of you into a deeply grounded state of being.

People often say, they feel a calling. A calling that often projects outwardly into the world. When you omit to become the call, to listen to the call, as the call to yourself, you’ll will find yourself in those choices, in all those creations you use to evade the true calling.

Coming home to yourself, coming home to the void is often met with a meeting of sorts. Where you and reality come face to face. Where you have given too much to the external and neglected the inner calling and what that means as you. Like all new beginnings, the destruction of such times, can be very traumatic, a deep struggle depending on your balance within. Depending upon how much of you you’ve listened too.

Entering the void is recognition that your entering the unknown. A place that this life experience, slowly but surely awakens you to see.

Letting go of everything you believe you are, letting go of everything you think you need to be doing, letting go of everything and simply noticing, becoming aware of what your inner world is calling you back too notice.

When we think our way into being, our mind dominating the totality of our body, the mind avoiding the fullness of its own relationship.

Our being in its own time and process will eventually call you back to stop thinking yourself into being. Stop the mental notes you tell yourself everyday.

It will tell you, to stop, drop into your being and breathe.

What you do from there, will become a whole new way of living and a whole new story you’ll tell yourself.

If 2023 becomes your year of deeper contemplation and less avoidance, embrace the call.

Embrace it as you.

What follows, is what leads.. ❤️
Old 07-01-2023, 07:49 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
The void becomes your friend.

I like this idea.

For me the Void, or emptyness, is what confronts me when I am feeling really bored. Sometimes I distract myself with games, the internet or other activities. But when I am feeling more positive I stay with the boredom and let it teach me it's message.

I tell myself that boredom is good. That boredom is a pathway to enlightenment. That boredom is my friend. Thai I love my boredom.

I thank the boredom, the Void, and I find that there is a bliss within the boredom.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:10 PM
Seeker

Very true, the void is a beautiful place!
Old 07-01-2023, 09:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just love
Very true, the void is a beautiful place!
For those interested the Kabbalah presents the concept of tzimtzum. The world that we know exists in the void that God created within himself. Everything in this void is a distraction. In this sense we need to escape the void in order to enter the fullness of God. I have no real wish to expound on this but anyone can Google tzimtzum………
Old 07-01-2023, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
For those interested the Kabbalah presents the concept of tzimtzum. The world that we know exists in the void that God created within himself. Everything in this void is a distraction. In this sense we need to escape the void in order to enter the fullness of God. I have no real wish to expound on this but anyone can Google tzimtzum………
I did google it.
I can see how this works now.

The void as I see it, once escaped creates your world/reality. When you re enter the void without that creation your in fact creating a new world/new story each and every time. I think for those who are not content with their current story or life, it’s an opportunity to acknowledge themselves more complete by entering this space of self.

Being present without any story or identified idea of yourself allows for transcendence.

I found this little snippet

https://www.chabad.org/library/artic...h/Tsimtsum.htm
Quote:
So next time you feel yourself in darkness, having to pick yourself up from the ground and start all over again, to make tough decisions and meet gruesome challenges—at those times, think of all your life and all your world as nothing more and nothing less than a parable. A deep, rich parable. And in that parable, in every detail, hides G‑d Himself.

Most conspicuously, in the dark corners. In the ”tzimtzum”
Old 07-01-2023, 11:21 PM
Seeker

Thank You for sharing that! My journey has taken me to many places, I wish I had came here a long time ago. Love you all!
Old 08-01-2023, 12:19 AM
Master
Your just full of love, just love, I’m glad your feeling connected here.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233

I tell myself that boredom is good. That boredom is a pathway to enlightenment. That boredom is my friend. Thai I love my boredom.

I thank the boredom, the Void, and I find that there is a bliss within the boredom.

Thanks charly for your input.
In stillness and quiet contemplation, I think it’s an opportunity to really notice things you’ve patterned in your mind/body and simply don’t give a second thought about.

Some of our deeper ingrained patterns are not recognisable until we stop..

If you can be present in that state of emptiness as I like to call it, what arises through that kind of practice is the ability to really notice things you might just skim over, not be supported by differently.

One of my new awareness’s is using the sun as my healing bath at six am. then eating my first meal around eight am sitting in the sun. I’ve always a avoided the sunlight because I am fair, but a little nudge in my centre guided me to look at the sunlight with new eyes.
Old 08-01-2023, 02:12 AM
Master

JustBe,

So glad of your effort to examine tzimtzum…..and that was certainly a good and informative website that you provide. Knowledge of this concept has made a lasting impression for me….thanks..
Old 08-01-2023, 02:19 AM
Master
@ Molearner ~ interesting ‘tzimtzum’. Wiki has a synopsis on this. Resonates, since God is then both transcendent and immanent, in but not of the manifest worlds and we are alive, being breathed by His breath.

Annie Besant and Leadbeater too have an interesting, somewhat similar theory on what space is, calling it ‘koilon’, wherein the idea being that manifestation is like a bubble (say, in a soda bottle) and space is the real substance.

In actuality of being, meditation being relinquishing of association with conditioned identity … thoughts recede, senses are gentled, attention is unfettered, subtle awareness heightens, essentially the dropping away off gets us to.

We can easily experiment and establish ourselves in the void, so to speak. Open eyes, we know there is an object in the distance but we unfocus from it and position ourselves somewhere in between us (subject) and the object. Focus, the world appears, unfocus and we are in the void. Likewise for thought ~ begin the action but do not end it … just hold it in the bardo. After a while, we are poised in animated attention devoid of thought in nothingness. When required thoughts are used, as instruments or senses, as instruments.

Great thread and OP, JustBe.