Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 25-12-2022, 09:45 PM
Master
Fish Is the soul fixed?

What I’ve been wondering: as I get to know my self… is; am I attracted to my soul like it’s fixed that I would be this entity? Or is being alive, a soul just something that happens and it carry’s no great meaning to have a garment- a soul a feeling a being?

Are we supposed to know the self or is it normal to feel like you’re alien from your self? Like you’re getting to know the self rather than actually knowing the self? Is this normal not to recognise your self but yet be bound to the self- fixed in one being and spirit?

As if your being this journey and you new…

I know some feel like old souls- or some know them self but do we really know our soul? Are we always the same soul so it would be something familiar???

Is it supposed to be familiar or does it become familiar the soul spirit??

How deeply attracted to this am I? Like I would always be at this point ? I would only choose this entity???

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 25-12-2022, 11:24 PM
Master
There is a thought, that the soul is your house of lives in a way. But in time, as you advance yourself, you will let it go, and become spirit. And that spirit is what we are, at our cores.

All of your questions, is the "fun" of the journey of self discovery.
Old 26-12-2022, 07:35 PM
Master
I understand it’s the journey but I have a great understanding who I am.. that and part amnesia from entering this world~ I came into this world with my spirit and it was very new to me—- I don’t think I had lived before although I know a part of me would of had lived, but this new hybrid part of me was new to the dance of life and to my horror death was the only thing surrounding me..

I wondered if I would always choose this garment for my self- not just the image that was easy to answer but soul wasn’t… even knowing who I am I understood I didn’t know my self and I reckoned countless lives would pass and I still wouldn’t know my self, I knew the etiquette of living a good life : eating hot chocolates while they weren’t warm, add sugar to coffee or it would be bitter, pray to time when you burnt your self begging for it to be over- spilled coffee or tea.. I knew the right temperature to be, sleeping hot was a no no I knew my likes and dislikes..

I could measure how brave or cowardly I was: what made me laugh all the clockwork…

But I couldn’t understand why I was fixed and unable to change or transform…

Why I picked this particular soul while I was attracted to the self you know that compulsive force that held me together???

Even through pain it held together even when I wanted to part ways with it..

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 26-12-2022, 08:05 PM
Master
It can feel frustrating, when you can know, there is such a more expansive self/world/being out there so to speak, and just feel so limited within the soul/human body.

Why you chose that form/soul/whatever you want to call it, is something that only you can understand and know. As anything else would feel imposed upon you as their belief.

For many of us on a place like this, we all scratch our head as to why we chose to be here, endure what we went through and would want to be done with this human experience. Yet, it also brought people to a place like this. So some joy can be found in that journey. Just a matter of how we look at it.

It does seem silly, that we went from being with the supreme being, a place of unimaginable sights and feelings and knowing, to being a mere shell of that down here on Earth.
Old 26-12-2022, 10:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
It does seem silly, that we went from being with the supreme being, a place of unimaginable sights and feelings and knowing, to being a mere shell of that down here on Earth.

only if you value meaning (shrugs).

there is no reason anything should either exist or for that matter not exist... but rather than try to support one idea over the other I would take it as a hint that there is no reason I shouldn't be here, even if it seems silly from societies pronounced idea of meaning to do so...
Old 26-12-2022, 10:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
only if you value meaning (shrugs).

Such is probably why most of us came to this rock in the fist place. To understand meaning and through that, we can better know what value is.
Old 27-12-2022, 04:09 AM
Master

the fact of getting too attached to 'meaning' has caused me untold heartache... but to each his own...
Old 27-12-2022, 05:48 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
What I’ve been wondering: as I get to know my self… is; am I attracted to my soul like it’s fixed that I would be this entity? Or is being alive, a soul just something that happens and it carry’s no great meaning to have a garment- a soul a feeling a being?

How deeply attracted to this am I? Like I would always be at this point ? I would only choose this entity???
For theist Hindus (I am an atheist Hindu, no soul), your soul is fixed with you. suffers when you do evil and is happy when you engage in good deeds, in this world or in the next or in between the two, when you are in heaven for your good deeds and in hell for your evil deeds. The two types of deeds are counted separately and not compounded. Goes with you in whatever form you reincarnate.
Old 27-12-2022, 06:44 AM
Master

re Aupmanyav

I’m afraid I completely disagree with your comments.

First you say your an “atheist, no soul” and then you go on to describing what and where the soul goes???.

Then you mention “heaven for good deeds” and “hell for bad deeds”. Sorry but i feel that is an archaic outdated belief in spirituality and just not correct at all. In my opinion so called Hell and Heaven are all in the mind and whatever your thoughts are at death then you will gravitate towards a spiritual plane of like minded souls/spirits etc. Like attracts like, so to speak. In my experience there is definitely NOT just the two places.

It may be your belief but that is all it is just a belief and definitely NOT a fact.

I don’t believe our so called deeds are counted or compounded either. Its just a matter of growth and how/where we can grow best and ultimately decided by ourselves with support from the other side. Of course there is karma to consider and that is taken into consideration as well before we reincarnate.IMO

No disrespect to you, but just had to put forward my comments.
Old 27-12-2022, 07:51 AM
Master

[quote=Redchic12]re Aupmanyav
s.

First you say your an “atheist, no soul” and then you go on to describing what and where the soul goes???.

I don’t believe our so called deeds are counted or compounded either. Of course there is karma to consider and that is taken into consideration as well before we reincarnate.IMO
/QUOTE]

Just to defend Aupmanav:

He was talking about Theist Hindus - not about himself/herself

Then oddly you say 'I don't believe our so called deeds...' then suddenly you add 'karma should be considered ' ?

I hope you don't mind me saying this.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.