Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 04-12-2022, 02:56 AM
Seeker

How do I begin to make new friends after years of being a hermit?

what would be the first step?
Old 04-12-2022, 04:22 AM
Master

Join a group that interests you, such as tennis, bush walking or whatever you are interested in.
Old 04-12-2022, 06:23 AM
Master

Yes good points AstralS. That is the best way.

Whenever I have moved house/country/state I have taken a short term course at a nearby college in something that interests me and that has helped enormously.

I also made a point of saying hello to my neighbours and stopping for a brief chat. That can lead to all kinds of things.

Also briefly talking to owners and customers at local coffee shop where I would go a couple of times a week. Whilst they are making your coffee be friendly and ask them questions about themselves eg have you got anything nice planned for the weekend or is there any………..in this area (things you like)

Check out community halls and community papers for what’s happening in that area and turn up for something that appeals to you.

On the net you could Google “What’s Going on in (this area).”

There are some of the things that made a huge difference for me. Hope this helps.
Old 04-12-2022, 06:46 AM
Seeker

I'm thinking of joining a church group actually, think that might help me a lot
but yeah I have a lot of options to also consider
Old 04-12-2022, 11:51 AM
Master

Is there a spiritual church near you. They are usually i friendly bunch and you could enjoy there meditation circle.
Old 04-12-2022, 01:07 PM
Master

You make friends by living, not by seeking thing. Continue developing your interests and they come magically
Old 04-12-2022, 01:10 PM
Master

...And even then, be wary about who "be-friends" you...as I have only just been discussing that sometimes they are toxic and want to be friends for the wrong reasons ....
Old 06-12-2022, 04:20 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
You make friends by living, not by seeking thing. Continue developing your interests and they come magically

thanks I'll remember that :)
Old 06-12-2022, 04:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam92
I'm thinking of joining a church group actually, think that might help me a lot
I think that will work.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:41 AM
Master
You could go places, join a club, and still not make friends.
First step would be to open up. You can practise this by talking to people everywhere, even in the supermarket. Not long conversations of course, just small talk. Go over to someone to ask what time it is, even if you know. Say something to the person behind the cash register, smile at people that walk past you, help someone get something from the top shelf they can't get to etc. Or ask someone else to help you with whatever comes up.

Every little action and exchange like that is helping you to open up more and more to other people, being social, reaching out AND letting in. It makes you an easier person to approach, and thus easier to make friends.
And it's a relaxed way to start for yourself as well. Easing yourself into being more social and outwardly focused.
And show genuine interest in other people. A good way to get something going.