Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 14-11-2022, 02:28 PM
Master

WORLD CUP .......

.."Here we go Here we go Here we go ...."

.."It's coming home it's coming home it's coming home ..."

.."Three lions on the shirt ....."

......Oh .. please do excuse.
I was having a "moment " ...

I CANT WAIT .

We need a world cup running commentary so because of time difference or recorded to watch later don't look at this thread .
I repeat DON'T LOOK AT THIS THREAD ....

We need things to bring us together as a nation.
Only problem is it only finishes a week before Christmas ....
Hmmmm that ain't no good !!!
No worries , I got all my Christmas trimmings and trees up already ( I can't do everything at once..)...
SO ....
...." Here we go here we go here we go... Three lions on a shirt "...
This is the official world cup forum thread .......
Old 18-11-2022, 01:17 PM
Master
You fanatic!

I shall carefully avoid watching any of the world cup on TV.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-11-2022, 01:32 PM
Master
I’ll try and watch as much as I can. I am curious if Messi, C.Ronaldo or Neymar can win it this time. I am hoping for some real classics in the later stages of the tournaments. I don’t expect too much of my country. Just the quarter finals.
Old 18-11-2022, 02:20 PM
Master

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
You fanatic!

I shall carefully avoid watching any of the world cup on TV.
Hi Honza.... Ahhhhhhhhh , I see. *Taps side of nose*....
This can only mean one thing , you are going to be in Quatar to watch all the games for real?
And of not, I've got another "suspicion"...
In fact, yep....
Ok , I'll just spit it out ...
Are you a football pundit on Tele ?
Oh my Goodness..... You're Gary Lineker arnt you ?
I always knew it... ( But sshh... I won't tell )..... LOL..
Old 18-11-2022, 02:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I’ll try and watch as much as I can. I am curious if Messi, C.Ronaldo or Neymar can win it this time. I am hoping for some real classics in the later stages of the tournaments. I don’t expect too much of my country. Just the quarter finals.
Hi Altair ...OH gosh and yes all 3 of them worthy of contributing to success in the world cup...they are all amazing .
If I had to choose in order I would say Messi last ( he's 35 and maybe not as fit as others but what do I know ?..)
Then being realistic you would have to say Ronaldo second ...
But he's super fit and was amazing in Euros despite him being 37...
So on Paper Naymar aged For Brazil should be what it's all about .
But anything can happen.
Hey, don't you go naysaying your team!!! They usually do quite well and you know I've always had a soft spot for them...
As for us, I've got high hopes for Sterling and possibly Trippier, and I'm thrilled that we got Pickford in goal.. but am a bit sceptical about about Maguire. He can be a bit hot headed.
Old 18-11-2022, 03:54 PM
Master
Of all the big stars I have most sympathies for Messi. He's just focussing on his game and not being the big ego off the pitch.

So looking at the seeding, this is my prediction...

Quarter finals

Netherlands vs. Argentina
Spain vs. Brazil
England vs. Denmark
Belgium vs. Portugal

Semi finals

Argentina vs. Brazil
England vs. Portugal

Final

Argentina to beat either England or Portugal.

It's all very hard to predict this time, because things look very competitive...
I don't yet consider Germany ((inexperience, lack of killers)) and France ((injuries, worn out)). I don't think England is better than either of those two, but if England beat their group than it's an open door to the semi's ((echoes of 2018)). I suppose they'll face either Belgium ((ageing defenders)) or Portugal ((which could be better off without Ronaldo, but then again I could look like a fool later on for saying this)).
Argentina vs. Brazil is also extremely hard to call. The prospects of a South American classic in a World Cup semi really excites me though.
Old 18-11-2022, 04:17 PM
Master

WOW Altair...you've given it a lot of thought !
So in short you think Argentina will win .
It could be Brazil's turn this time which is where Naymar will come into play.
Hes 7 years younger than Ronaldo but there's something in the pit of my stomach saying we really cannot rule Portugal out cos I feel Ronaldo has one more world cup in him to flourish and maybe this is his "swan song" and he will go out in style ( bit like me LOL....)...
I don't England will do as well this time. I don't think they will perform as well as they did last time and certainly not as well as the last euros, I think they had their "moment"... But we'll see..
We always expect Germany to do well, but they've been disappointing , and Spain and France I feel don't pose a threat .
And Italy ?.
I think that says it all.
I think it might be a shock this time round !!!
Old 18-11-2022, 06:25 PM
Master
England is great at set pieces, which is good because there isn't much preparation to be done for this World Cup. Also, England have many good players.
Old 19-11-2022, 10:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
England is great at set pieces, which is good because there isn't much preparation to be done for this World Cup. Also, England have many good players.
... I know petal.. but I also think they have had their chance.
No... I'm guessing England will not venture far out of the group table . ( If it was the lasses then YES , I'd be all the way down the bookies to put my house on them winning !)....
But it's not the lasses , it's the blokes, and what can I say ? They've only had 56 years to prove themselves again LOL...

But WHATEVER Happens I Love the whole thing .
( Might be my last one so I'm going all out ! ..)...

Oh but I would love it if we could make a team to compete with all the world "greats "....
Because there have been some fantastic memorable moments...

""It's coming home , it's coming home .."

Where to , remains to be seen....
Old 19-11-2022, 10:16 AM
Administrator
No football will be watched in my house that's a definite I hate Football don't see the point in it Grown little boys kicking a ball around a field that is not skill.
being paid Extortionate amount of money to do it,
If my sons want to watch it they can either watch it on their phones or go somewhere else

Namaste