Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-03-2023, 10:13 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
What about the birds and the bees and the trees and the tulips, the elephants and the porpoises?

Four people are surrounding an aquarium looking at a goldfish swimming.
I'm only counting humans because we are self aware I don't think a bird brain is complex enough to be considered to be its own reality
Old 07-03-2023, 03:00 AM
Master

As I understand these, every gestalt of consciousness is self-aware. The human self-awareness isn't the only self-awareness.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-03-2023, 07:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
As I understand these, every gestalt of consciousness is self-aware. The human self-awareness isn't the only self-awareness.
Awareness, whether in the form of self-reflection or pure objectivity is, on all levels, the essence of life. No awareness = no life.
Awareness/Consciousness is all there is, it spreads its wings over everything there is and takes on shapes, forms, tones, colours, tastes and a host of other attributes.
We, and all life forms are all feedback posts, contributing to the evolution of the whole in its striving to reach completion.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Awareness/Consciousness is all there is, it spreads its wings over everything there is and takes on shapes, forms, tones, colours, tastes and a host of other attributes.

"I think that tastes, odors, colors, and so on ... reside in consciousness. Hence if the living creature were removed, all these qualities would be wiped away and annihilated."

— GALILEO GALILEI

To me, "consciousness" is the fabric of reality; everything is consciousness, and some of it chose to experience physical-reality. "Self-awareness" is knowing that you individually exist. "Awareness" is knowing about something.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-03-2023, 04:22 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
"I think that tastes, odors, colors, and so on ... reside in consciousness. Hence if the living creature were removed, all these qualities would be wiped away and annihilated." — GALILEO GALILEI
To me, "consciousness" is the fabric of reality; everything is consciousness, and some of it chose to experience physical-reality. "Self-awareness" is knowing that you individually exist. "Awareness" is knowing about something.
Then what is consciousness according to you?
Old 10-03-2023, 06:46 PM
Guide

Consciousness is surrounding us. All living things are consciousness trapped in a shell.This gives us a sense of separation, (In my opinion).
Old 12-03-2023, 11:05 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Consciousness is surrounding us. All living things are consciousness trapped in a shell.This gives us a sense of separation, (In my opinion).
Then that's not consciousness because consciousness is when something is self aware so is something that is specifically found in highly intelligent beings and most definitely not found in in adamant objects
Old 12-03-2023, 11:37 AM
Guide

Ever heard of The God Consciousness Maya El,Each of us is a part of god, gods consciousness is all around us.
No way do I refer to adamant objects.(Or do you think of God as an old man with a Grey Beard sitting on a cloud playing a harp?)
Old 14-03-2023, 04:35 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Ever heard of The God Consciousness Maya El,Each of us is a part of god, gods consciousness is all around us.
No way do I refer to adamant objects.(Or do you think of God as an old man with a Grey Beard sitting on a cloud playing a harp?)

I am aware of the god consciousness CONCEPT but it is riddled with issues but I digress and no I don't think there is a sky daddy I think that the concept of a sky daddy was made originally as a story figure used for explaining an internal process because when explaining something metaphysical to a person that hasn't experienced the thing your trying to tell them about we often times will use an analogy that uses things in the real world that the person has probably seen and knows about and use those to then relate the metaphysical "thing" to the common physical "thing" so that hopefully the person that we are telling the story to will hopefully see the similarity and put 2 and 2 together and finally get what we're talking about internally

But unfortunately after one of the many great resets that seem to take place so often on this planet this vital bit of knowledge was lost and literal minded people detached from their inner self found these religions and read them to be literal and at face value and so the misunderstanding has continued till today.
Old 14-03-2023, 07:33 AM
Guide

Maya El, well written. We can agree on that.