Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2021, 07:46 AM
somoo

Thumbs up who is this man?

the Quran describes how Mary, the mother of Jesus, was approached by an angel from God, bringing her tidings she had never imagined: that she will give birth to a son, a Messiah, who will be of the righteous and will be a prophet of God, calling the Children of Israel (the Israelites) to the straight path of God.

“(And mention) when the angels said, ‘O Mary, indeed God gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary – distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near (to God). He will speak to the people in the cradle and in maturity and will be of the righteous.” (Quran 3:45-46)

Naturally, for Mary, this news was both strange and seemingly impossible.

“She said, ‘My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me?’ (The angel) said, “Such is God; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is. And He will teach him writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel.” (Quran 3:47-4

The very nature of Jesus is so special, that God compares the uniqueness of His creation to that of the first man and prophet, Adam.

“Indeed, the example of Jesus to God is like that of Adam. He created him from dust; then He said to him, ‘Be,’ and he was.” (Quran 3:59)
Jesus and His Miracles

Jesus became one of the greatest prophets of God, and was sent to the Children of Israel in order to confirm the teachings of his predecessor, the Prophet Moses. His birth was a miracle, and, like all prophets of God, he was granted several miracles. He approached his people, telling them:

“And (make him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (who will say), ‘Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord’ in that I design for you from the clay (that which is) like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of God. And I cure the blind (from birth) and the leper, and I give life to the dead – by permission of God. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers. And (I have come) confirming what was before me of the Torah and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. And I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me. Indeed, God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is the straight path.” (Quran 3:49-51)
Jesus’s Followers

The Quran continues the story of Jesus by relating several incidents of his life and his disciples.

“But when Jesus felt (persistence in) disbelief from them, he said, ‘Who are my supporters for (the cause of) God?’ The disciples said,” We are supporters for God. We have believed in God and testify that we are Muslims (submitting to Him.) Our Lord, we have believed in what You revealed and have followed the messenger (i.e., Jesus), so register us among the witnesses (to truth).” (Quran 3:52-53)

In another incident, after which an entire surah (chapter) of the Quran is named, the disciples of Jesus asked him for another miracle.

“(And remember) when the disciples said, ‘O Jesus, Son of Mary, can your Lord send down to us a table (spread with food) from the heaven?’ (Jesus) said, ‘Fear God, if you should be believers.’ They said, ‘We wish to eat from it and let our hearts be reassured and know that you have been truthful to us and be among its witnesses.’ Said Jesus, the son of Mary, ‘O God, our Lord, send down to us a table (spread with food) from the heaven to be for us a festival for the first of us and the last of us and a sign from You. And provide for us, and You are the best of providers.’” (Quran 5:112-114)

God sent them the table they had asked for, but not without a warning.

“God said, ‘Indeed, I will sent it down to you, but whoever disbelieves afterwards from among you – then indeed will I punish him with a punishment by which I have not punished anyone among the worlds.’” (Quran 5:115)
The End of the Story?

The story of Jesus never really ends in the Quran, as we are told that Jesus was not killed, but that rather, God raised His beloved prophet up to Him.

“(Mention) when God said, ‘O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify (i.e., free) you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you (in submission to God alone) superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ. And as for those who disbelieved, I will punish them with a severe punishment in this world and the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers.’ But as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, He will give them in full their rewards, and God does not like the wrongdoers.” (Quran 3:55-57)

The Quran also points out that Jesus was neither killed nor crucified. Speaking of the Children of Israel, God faults their accusations against Mary as well as their claim that they killed Jesus.

“And (We cursed them) for their disbelief and their saying against Mary a great slander. And (for) their saying, ‘Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of God.’ And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but (another) was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Rather, God raised him to Himself. And ever is God Exalted in Might and Wise.” (Quran 4:156-15

The Quran confirms that Jesus was raised up by God, and the Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, reassured us that Jesus will be sent down to earth once again before the Day of Judgment. In a saying of Prophet Muhammad, narrated by Abu Hurairah, the Prophet said:

“By the One in Whose hand is my self, definitely the son of Maryam will soon descend among you as a just judge, and he will break the cross, kill the pig, and abolish the jizyah (tribute), and wealth will be so abundant that no one will accept it, until a single prostration will be better than the world and everything in it.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)
The Deen Show: The Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus isn't God by Brother Joshua Evans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29jFDmkoEc
Old 18-08-2021, 11:13 PM
Master

The Quran was revealed in Arabic. Your English translation is not the same as the the original text.
Old 19-08-2021, 05:46 PM
somoo

It does not differ from the original text, but leads to the same meaning of the verses

The Qur’an was revealed in the Arabic language, which was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, through revelation

And its translation does not have the rulings of the Qur’an, which is the miraculous Arabic pronunciation.

Based on this, the translation of the Qur’an is just a simplification of the meanings of the Qur’an.

And because the message of the Qur’an is universal, not only for the Arabs, the Qur’an must be translated into many languages so that the world knows Islam
Every prophet came to his people only, but the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, came to the worlds and the seal of the prophets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGbA44_0WEg

طيار أمريكي بالقوات الخاصة يدخل الإسلام رغم محاولات وقفه عن العمل - American Pilot Becomes a Muslim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0b1YG33o34

Last edited by somoo : 20-08-2021 at 02:14 PM.
Old 21-08-2021, 07:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by somoo
Every prophet came to his people only, but the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, came to the worlds and the seal of the prophets
You speak with authority, somoo. Are you an Imam?
Old 21-08-2021, 10:53 PM
i·mam
/iˈmäm/
noun: imam; plural noun: imams the person who leads prayers in a mosque.
a title of various Muslim leaders, especially of one succeeding Muhammad as leader of Shiite Islam.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-08-2021, 02:42 AM
Master

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
i·man: noun: imam; plural noun: imams the person who leads prayers in a mosque.
a title of various Muslim leaders, especially of one succeeding Muhammad as leader of Shiite Islam.
The Muslims don't have mom and pop store front churches like we Christians do in the US. The faithfuls gather at the mosques for Friday prayers. Professing religious authority without public approval could get one into trouble in Muslim societies.
Old 22-08-2021, 03:12 PM
somoo

I am speaking with the authority of the Qur’an,
in which it is mentioned that the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, is the Seal of the Prophets and came as a mercy to all the worlds

God said in the Qur'an
(40) Muḥammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allāh and seal [i.e., last] of the prophets. And ever is Allāh, of all things, Knowing.

(107) And We have not sent you, [O Muḥammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.

(158) Say, [O Muḥammad], "O mankind, indeed I am the Messenger of Allāh to you all, [from Him] to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death." So believe in Allāh and His Messenger, the unlettered prophet, who believes in Allāh and His words, and follow him that you may be guided.

and
The Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him, was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 15:24
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
What does an Imam do? The Imam leads Islamic prayer and services but may also take on a larger role in providing community support and spiritual advice.

An Imam is selected at the community level. Members of the community choose someone who is considered knowledgeable and wise. The Imam should know and understand the Quran, and be able to recite it correctly and beautifully. The Imam is a respected member of the community. In some communities, an Imam may be specifically recruited and hired and may have undergone some special training. In other (smaller) cities, Imams are often chosen from among the existing members of the Muslim community. There is no universal governing body to supervise Imams; this is done at the community level.

An Imam's Duties

The primary responsibility of an Imam is to lead Islamic worship services. In fact, the word "imam" itself means "to stand in front of" in Arabic, referring to the placement of the Imam in front of the worshipers during prayer. The Imam recites the verses and words of prayer, either aloud or silently depending on the prayer, and the people follow his movements. During the service, he stands facing away from the worshipers, toward the direction of Mecca.

For each of the five daily prayers, the Imam is present at the mosque to lead the prayers. On Friday, the imam also usually delivers the khutba (sermon). The Imam may also lead the taraweeh (nightly prayers during Ramadan), either alone or with a partner to share the duty. The Imam also leads all other special prayers, such as for funerals, for rain, during an eclipse, and more.

Other Roles Imams Serve in the Community

In addition to being a prayer leader, the Imam may also serve as a member of the larger leadership team in a Muslim community. As a respected member of the community, the Imam's counseling may be sought in personal or religious matters. One may ask him for spiritual advice, help with a family issue, or in other times of need. The Imam may be involved in visiting the sick, engaging in interfaith service programs, officiating marriages, and organizing educational gatherings in the mosque. In modern times, the Imam is increasingly in a position to educate and reform youth
Muslims believe in a direct connection with the Almighty, without the need of an intercessor. The Imam is simply a leadership position, for which someone is hired or selected from among the community members. A full-time Imam may undergo special training, but this is not required.

Among Shia Muslims, the concept of an Imam takes on a more central clerical position. They believe that their specific Imams were chosen by God to be perfect examples for the faithful. They must be followed since they were appointed by God and are free from sin. This belief is rejected by of Muslims (Sunni).

The word "Imam" can also be used in a broader sense, referring to any person who leads the prayer. So in a group of young people, for example, one of them may volunteer or be selected to be the Imam for that prayer (meaning that he or she will lead the others in prayer). In the home, a family member serves as the Imam if they pray together. This honor is usually given to an older family member but sometimes is given to younger children to encourage them in their spiritual growth.

Baha'i, the Shiites and Ismailis
Have nothing to do with Islam

why i became a sunni muslim لماذا اصبحت سنياً
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wklOUSV_xo0
Old 22-08-2021, 04:11 PM
Master

Quote:
I am speaking with the authority of the Qur’an,

Islam, may be a religion, but it is nothing like Christianity or Buddhism as faiths of choice, and stresses the importance of the organization of society - which is the ummah - along Islamic lines. The ummah is the community of Muslims to whom the Imam provides guidance. In Iran, that spiritual guide is Ayatollah Khamenei. He and no one else administers to the ummah in Iran.

If you presume to speak with the authority of the Quran, then who are you administering to in an open forum? I am not a member of your ummah.

I am familiar with the practice of Islam in Muslim societies having spent a number of years living in Morocco, and Indonesia. The division between Muslims and non-Muslims outside the ummah but within the country is very clear. The mosque is not accessible to me the way a non-believer is allowed to wander freely into any Christian church or Buddhist temple.

You need to provide guidance on how a discussant must engage you in this thread.

Last edited by ayar415 : 22-08-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 23-08-2021, 01:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Iran does not represent the Islamic world because they are Shiites and they are a minority that do not follow the teachings of the true Islamic religion

The Ayatollah would say the same about you, somoo. Passing judgment on other people's spiritual beliefs is not a western value. Religious tolerance is necessary for the freedom of worship in an ever connected modern world where internecine strife is passe.

Quote:
The Qur’an and the Sunna of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, the constitution of Muslims as and stresses the importance of the organization of society - in an ideal way that is not found in other religions
We only resort to the teachings of God

People of all faiths - not just Muslims - resort to the teachings of God. The organization of society in an ideal way in the western world is democracy (rule of the people), and not theocracy (rule of priests and imams in the name of God).

Quote:
Only Islam can gather both ends in a harmonic mixture.

Cite me one Islamic country today where spirituality and materialism are gathered in a harmonic mixture.

I am restricted to quoting 3 sentences. I will have more questions for you in another post.
Old 23-08-2021, 02:01 PM
somoo

Iran violates the doctrine of Islam and fights it like the Jews and Christians
The problem has nothing to do with religious tolerance

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Because God's law has no flaws in Islam
And all Muslims - rulers and ruled - must abide by the law of God Almighty in all their affairs

Muslims believe in a direct connection with the Almighty, without the need of an intercessor. The Imam is simply a leadership position, for which someone is hired or selected from among the community members. A full-time Imam may undergo special training, but this is not required.

Is Western democracy dying in Europe, A question that has become of interest to many Western thinkers, at a time when racist and extremist ideas are on the rise. From the Baltic Sea to the Adriatic, the gleam of democracy in the West is fading, and in its place are vengeful tendencies and terrifying nationalist resentments under shifting sands, giving radical ideas the foothold they need.

This is exploited by Western democracies that support tyrants and dictatorships in the Arab region, and in other regions, the most oppressive and ignorant in the world, and support them politically and security to oppress peoples. And when this “democratic” West sees that its interests are being threatened in these countries, whether by oppressed peoples, then it will deny democracy, and if its interests are threatened by parties in the authoritarian regimes themselves, then it raises the banner of “poor” democracy that has not been respected, and their interests are threatened. Moving the files of corruption and human rights files that are violated, so that the oppressed citizen in the countries of the primitive world turns into a mere tool of pressure and blackmail to secure the interests of the hateful ethnic countries, and the rights of their white peoples, who alone are worthy of enjoying the honors of the “democratic” lady.

Will the people rule?

In Western democracies, rulers come to power through elections, through nominations from their political parties. Political parties are the ones who propose names from their side to be representatives of these parties in the legislative authority, and they are elected by the people through free, fair and direct elections. This is done in all Western countries regardless of the form of government in them, whether it is a presidential government like the United States, or a ministerial government like Britain, or a mixed system like France. They say that the people have elected their representatives, and that the people participate in government and power.

But the truth is that people's exercise of their right to vote does not actually mean anything, because money centers, large industrialists and wealthy people are the ones who have the real decision in the state. They control the parties, the legislatures, the unions, and the municipalities. No one outside this system can occupy a seat in these bodies. In order to complete the lie of democracy, the media are employed here to accomplish their mission of lying, forgery and fraud. Unfortunately for democracy, the owners of wealth are the same owners of the media, and they are the ones who control the major companies that can make war and peace, they can fabricate wars to move the economic wheel, It can play with the economies as it pleases by changing or passing laws on trade or taxation. The control of capital in Western countries is the source of power. And the peoples who think that they freely elect those they chose are delusional peoples, because the truth is that those who elect are the forces that own the powerful capital.

It is a democracy that guarantees you the freedom to do what you want, but within the laws drawn by those with economic power that guide decisions, you choose by your own will what they set for you.

A petty democracy keeps society and the media preoccupied with a cat who has been run over in the public road, while not paying attention to the thousands who die in various places in this crazy world, for different reasons.

A fake democracy that is manipulated by the media and money centers, and controls its course from inside black rooms, in order to falsify facts and deceive the people, and direct public issues in a specific direction after they are dressed up in the dress of democracy, as happened in many of the major files that were revealed.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

The teachings of Islam differ from the traditions and customs of the people
in Islamic countries
I am talking about the teachings of Islam
where spirituality and materialism are gathered in a harmonic mixture.
Closed Thread