Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 24-02-2021, 02:34 PM
Guide
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA and I have a second home in the city of Kherson, Ukraine.
A Little About Spirit Captive in Flesh

This is quite a common consideration in most religious circles although the details are seldom spoken of from the viewpoint of the soul. It is much more usual to do so from the standpoint of the man. And… very often matters of spirit are defined as being of two opposites. We find in Christianity that God in heaven is opposed to Satan on Earth. We might even come to consider the two to be equals. When this is the case it becomes easy to see why so many say that we are born into sin (and must be redeemed).

This is a short topic which has little to do with Christianity though. In mentioning it we gain a point from which we can better describe our spiritual natures. Can we begin by reaffirming that our spiritual selves are not in any way derived from nor are they subservient to the personality. They are superior to anything in the physical plane.

Our lower, non spiritual selves are products of genetics, experiences, environment and astrological influences. And… contrary to some authorities in the field, we humans do have a degree of genetic memories common to all others in our line.

Our souls are quite independent of any of this. They are the (more) eternal component of a human being. They are born to their own plane and there they stay while projecting into physical bodies here on Earth. But they are connected, in real time, to us in a very dynamic way.

It’s not too hard to imagine that our rational minds will guide us in the lower worlds while, at the same time, a degree of moderation is provided by both this and our souls. These influences are often thought of as being voices of consciences. Indeed those who think to be our spiritual guides are often our own souls. But it is also true that we have guides. We also have friends whether they may be currently incarnated or not who are capable, and often do, communicate with us. The medium for these communications is usually the mid range of the astral plane coupled with the lower mental. Communications via these avenues are often referred to as being psychic events.

The idea which is central to this topic is the way that our two natures so often express. They, in the common person, tend to mix sometimes in what may seem illogical ways. For instance a man may misbehave while at the same time, alternately, express high spiritual ideals. This is often seen and accepted even though it may be ascribed to some devil whose business it is to temp us. This tends to be common. What harm is there in metaphors? None. When it happens it is up to each of us to recognize it for what it is and then to make “amends” through the application of learned wisdom.

As a person ages physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually she or he will have discovered that the learned trait of self discipline is that quality which helps us to “keep to the right” as the Christian gospel song says. And, at the same time we might seek, gather to ourselves a store of merits which will, hopefully, offset those times when we fail in our duty to ourselves or others. This used to be more common in Christianity than now but it is still quite common in many Buddhist inspired religious practices. The giving of alms and/or the spinning of a prayer wheel are two examples. But supposing we gather wisdom to ourselves as well?

One of the very best ways to avoid the pitfalls of the lower planes is to keep ourselves clean in a physical and spiritual sense. It is to this end that many religions forbid alcohol or mandate certain diets. In new age terms if we can manage to keep our vibes high we will be poised for progress. But… the opportunities for failure and setbacks are still present.

The last point I wish to make and maybe the reader will agree… is that as we strive to the higher spiritual roads our lower natures will often color what is thought resulting in some small misuse of a wisdom gained. This happens to us all. It is a part, an essential one, of the dynamic of life.

How to manage such things? It’s not really so hard to do. The first thing is to realize the nature of the waters in which we swim and to hold to one course of another as best we can. The wise who, through the ages have spoken of such things tend to agree that if a man or woman can manage to keep on course at least seventy percent of the time great progress will be made towards a successful life.

Only the adepts and master souls among us will seem to be immune to what is spoken of here. In truth though, they are also susceptible to failures. Even they must be on guard. The great master soul, Jesus, fought this very same battle until he finally won through during his famous solitary time in the desert. A metaphor of being tempted by Satan is used. No matter.

And the struggles are often more than just situational. Sometimes we will have some chronic disease the managing or which requires we learn and apply self discipline. Sometimes this is almost more than we can bear. No matter the boulders thrown before us we will succeed. When we manage success will will find that our spiritual natures, our souls, have moved closer to us. Now control of the lower is greatly enhanced. This event is one of the more important of all the spiritual initiations about which references can be found in both Christian and spiritualist writings. Indeed there are many atheists who learn the very same lessons. And why shouldn’t they?

Bartholomew
Old 25-02-2021, 05:01 AM
Master
Thanks for this, James!

The varied life experiences of each are unique and yet perhaps, if we be not wary of oversimplification, the only battle on earth, as I see it, is to be free of stagnation.

Of course, attachments precede stagnation, urging us to inquire who is the entity desirous of attachment and to what purpose.

Once we choose to meld head with our heart, the cravings of ego are distilled in the cauldron of love, ever bubbling in our heart centre. Identity recedes. Bliss manifests.

There is oscillation. Feral instincts surface. However, having vaporised, the so called fall from grace may be viewed with good humour. There is, after all, no one here, within, who clings to or identifies with the ‘fallen state’.

Each thought train birthing correspondent emotion is an ambedo trance. Through mindful contemplation we may assess our response time to recover back to our blissful state. What are our moment to moment reactions in both waking and dreams? We see and by seeing, dampen, reduce attention oscillation.

By chance perhaps, these words sprouted forth this morning:

The journey thus far

One step at a time, we have come afar,
resolutely flowing on in prayer,
no attachments remain with which we spar,
graced by beauteous hues of bliss flavours,
vaporised self our devout soothsayer.
Childlike wonderment, beholding surprise;
moment to moment, magnetism does rise,
revealing and concealing the divine,
directly imbibed wisdom, makes us wise,
as head and heart, with throb of love align.
Old 25-02-2021, 06:42 AM
Master

How to get in contact with one's guides, or soul? It's frustrating to read about it unless I too can access it
Old 25-02-2021, 07:15 AM
Guide
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA and I have a second home in the city of Kherson, Ukraine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
How to get in contact with one's guides, or soul? It's frustrating to read about it unless I too can access it
Sister the ability is in each of us. Conscience. Listen to Jiminy Cricket and be consoled. It is true that this often seems to be a one way communication when a real time communication would be more interesting but consider this. We, any of us, in prayer, construct an energetic link to our souls. In reality this is no more than our thoughts traveling very quickly up the silver cord to the land of the souls. And it will be both noted and answered. Consider the religious devotee who prays. After the answer is received, and answers are always sent, he or she may say "God answered my prayers. God gave me new direction in life. By God's grace I am saved". But was the soul not in between God and the supplicant? Yes. This is the way of it. If we think ourselves to be less psychic than might be desired they use prayer. It is a most effective means of communicating directly with our souls. And our guides? They are other souls who are very close to our own. Nothing passes between us and God without they are aware. And they will always answer. This is gift of endless bounty that is spoken of.
Old 25-02-2021, 07:20 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

The journey thus far

One step at a time, we have come afar,
resolutely flowing on in prayer,
no attachments remain with which we spar,
graced by beauteous hues of bliss flavours,
vaporised self our devout soothsayer.
Childlike wonderment, beholding surprise;
moment to moment, magnetism does rise,
revealing and concealing the divine,
directly imbibed wisdom, makes us wise,
as head and heart, with throb of love align.
Your poem could easily describe the first few moments in our return to the spiritual worlds which lay, waiting for us, above this one.

If we consider our consciousness then remove the demands of the personality, what is left? What else but a landscape of wonders?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-01-2022 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 25-02-2021, 09:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
If we consider our consciousness then remove the demands of the personality, what is left? What else but a landscape of wonders?
Very true! Yet, at the interim stage at which most of us are, resting the identity is tricky, in that who else but ego itself self-assesses degree of assumed egolessness? Of course, the universe tests from time to time, by a jarring wake up call!

Perhaps if we coexist with identity, recognising it as a transient phenomena, gently aligning it with our heart, such that boundaries between form and void blur, by aligning head with heart emptied of all else but bliss, we are gradually able to discern the difference between impulses coming from the mind body entity (our doer aspect) and universal mind (our resonator aspect).

When the doer doing or thinker thinking or for that matter, meditator meditating disappears, our sense of separateness from source also recedes. Constant mindfulness seems to be the way ...
Old 25-02-2021, 09:23 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Very true! Yet, at the interim stage at which most of us are, resting the identity is tricky, in that who else but ego itself self-assesses degree of assumed egolessness? Of course, the universe tests from time to time, by a jarring wake up call!
Perhaps if we coexist with identity, recognising it as a transient phenomena, gently aligning it with our heart, such that boundaries between form and void blur, by aligning head with heart emptied of all else but bliss, we are gradually able to discern the difference between impulses coming from the mind body entity (our doer aspect) and universal mind (our resonator aspect).
When the doer doing or thinker thinking or for that matter, meditator meditating disappears, our sense of separateness from source also recedes. Constant mindfulness seems to be the way ...
Yes. It takes mighty effort but in the end we find that the level of naked truth which represents the limit of our advancement is, for a time, representative of our highest truth. I wonder though if we can manage to understand that others may be more or less advanced? This is one point that religions, that religious proponents so often fail to address. Truths are NOT absolute. They change all the time.
Old 25-01-2022, 10:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

This is quite a common consideration in most religious circles although the details are seldom spoken of from the viewpoint of the soul. It is much more usual to do so from the standpoint of the man. And… very often matters of spirit are defined as being of two opposites. We find in Christianity that God in heaven is opposed to Satan on Earth. We might even come to consider the two to be equals. When this is the case it becomes easy to see why so many say that we are born into sin (and must be redeemed).
One of the challenges that many Christians face is the lack of Power as supplied from the Holy Spirit. Without this Power to combat the devil, they are bound to have a hell of a ride. This is not to say that those who have God's Power do not go through any form of challenges from Lucifer and his hosts, but it is more difficult for those who don't have It.

The Holy Spirit corrects the way of the aspirant, just like Prophet Isaiah said, 'that there would be a voice that would tell one to go left or right'. I personally found over the years that it's easy to sin without the Power of the Holy Spirit. But when His Power is available, sin no longer seems attractive and an immense energy is released to walk in purity and cleanness. However, there are challenges that the Lord would allow on his own to strengthen them.

This is not confined to the Christian current, but also when my connection to my former guru gave experiences and supply of energy to help push me on the path of soul realization through the few practices availed to me.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-01-2022 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 25-01-2022, 11:22 PM
Ok, everybody, Please remember the Admins have asked us to only quote other members with 2-3 sentences...
refer to the post # of you want.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-01-2022, 11:27 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
One of the challenges that many Christians face is the lack of Power as supplied from the Holy Spirit. Without this Power to combat the devil, they are bound to have a hell of a ride. This is not to say that those who have God's Power do not go through any form of challenges from Lucifer and his hosts, but it is more difficult for those who don't have It.
Religions exist here on Earth for the express purpose of leading devotees to wisdom through experience. Failures and setbacks then are not only common they are, in a sense, necessary.

The Holy Spirit of God (the creator) shines equally on us all if only we knew it. Before the end we will.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 26-01-2022 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences