Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 09-11-2020, 12:00 PM
Guide
A skeptical neuro scientist had an NDE!

This is a good example to bring up when encountering anyone sceptical of NDE's!

I was just listening to The Unexplained by Howard Hughes (a regular Sunday evening broadcast on Talk Radio at 10 p.m in UK) when I heard about a fascinating case of NDE because it not only involved a skeptic but a neurosurgeon who dismissed such experiences as fantasies.

Then HE himself had an NDE (during a coma brought on by having meningitis). Read about his experience here.

https://ndestories.org/dr-eben-alexander/
Old 09-11-2020, 02:03 PM
Dr. Eben is the most famous guy.
His book is not that good...His 1 hr + talk on it to an audience is the thing to watch ---didn't click the link above.
There are other MDs, also, this happened to ...less famous.
Their miracle, as they tell it ---is how it changed them to be kinder.
(Apparently MDs can get very cold and think about $$ a lot.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-11-2020, 02:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Alexander has been around, along with his book and his talks, for a couple of years or more. Useful for some I guess.....
Old 09-11-2020, 02:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
(Apparently MDs can get very cold and think about $$ a lot.)

Well hush my mouth - I can't believe anyone could think such such a thing!
Old 09-11-2020, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Well hush my mouth - I can't believe anyone could think such such a thing!
I left out golfing and investments and schedules in general.
NO true caring for the person....one MD's own admission.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-11-2020, 02:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

shock, horror!
Old 09-11-2020, 08:27 PM
Master

Quote:
There are people, and there are people, in every profession. Even among politicians, priests, gurus, journalists, ... :)

I read some place, can't remember where, that from spiritual point of view the worst professions are journalists, priests, and lawyers. The statement stuck in my mind, but unfortunately later I couldn't trace back where I read it (although I vividly remember where in the page that statement was!)

If you think of the amount of pain and suffering an MD has to face everyday, you realize that they couldn't do their jobs if they get emotional, and they couldn't have a life, and a family if they didn't distance themselves from their jobs. They are taught to distance themselves from the patient and focus on the illness and on what they can do.

Money wise, medical school, professional insurance cost outrageously, and the social importance of the work done by MDs is extremely high. That doesn't mean that they should be put on a pedestal either.

There are others disproportionally paid more.

I dislike more those who sell hope.

It's always difficult to put yourself in somebody else's shoes.

Disclaimer: I am no MD, and have no other personal acquaintance with any MD except a 29 year old niece that just graduated psychiatry.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:13 AM
Experiencer
Eben Alexander MD

Here giving a presentation at the monroe institute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7TXtV5s9mw

Here is the thing, we're inmortal spiritual being having a temporal human life for the purpose of lowering our entropy, get rid of our fears, our ego and becoming love.

Is actually really good to be skeptical, because I was skceptical too!

I started to ready about Out of body books lauguing because I was thinking "Seriously, how can people actually believe this thing?. This cannot be real"

But the difference, was to actually go out there & do it by myself into 1st hand experience.

I wanted to test it by myself.

So I managed to research a strategy to do it by reading various books/authors, and then practice it consistenly for about 30 days.

Week NÂș3 I had my very first Out of body experience, and IT WAS REAL! I couldn't believe it!

It was like OMG! I have been lied all my life thinking I am human being, but I am truly an spiritual being!

How I didn't knew this earlier? Why nobody told me that I could do this?

From then one, it really changed my life for the better, and I just have no words to tell HOW GRATEFUL I am for this authors to have published this books.

Specially Robert Monroe, god bless him for taking the courage to publish his books at the risk of being called crazy by our current society paradigm.
Old 19-03-2021, 09:14 PM
Master
Well I'm still a bit skeptical when it comes to God and spirit but I'm trying to accept them with love and understanding in my heart. Amen
Old 20-03-2021, 07:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Well I'm still a bit skeptical when it comes to God and spirit but I'm trying to accept them with love and understanding in my heart. Amen

As long as you are still having to try, love and understanding is more imagined than real.