Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 09:55 PM
Ascender
Hi Blue Elephant,

It used to be great. I used to visit all the different forums here and we used to have such uplifting spiritual conversations.

Since around 2017 maybe earlier, some members started showing up and making critical remarks and debating peoples beliefs as if they wanted to disprove them. It changed the tone around here.

So many of the forums have become filled with skeptics, conspiracy theorists, and politics.

It's like if we were all having a nice party and a bunch of rowdy drunks showed up and started crashing the place.

There were always a few members that were trouble but they were kept under control.

This year especially has gotten much worse. If you want to see. Go through the older forums posts year by year.

Hi Janie,

I totally get that. The moderators are doing the best they can. I think we all have to come at this from different ways, and I am so grateful to you and everyone here who puts their hearts and minds into keeping this place a home for us. Thank you so much.

BigJohn,

Thank you for the support. I was sick with Covid for the month of March but I am completely over it now.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:10 PM
janielee

Thanks for your beauty, Flex-Girl, it enriches my heart. I needed that today.

Thank you so much; I also had Covid-19 and symptoms remain, but I'm glad that I recovered too.

Much love to you.

JL
Old 06-09-2020, 10:40 PM
Experiencer

Thx for the update - I will proceed with more caution.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:42 PM
Master
I think everyone who wants to talk about vegetarianism and/or veganism is welcome here!

In recent times there's only been random threads with no discussion, and other threads where nutrition is discussed, which are relevant to anyone interested in (trying) plant-based diets.
I don't recall any thread on steaks or fish oil in the Vegan & Vegetarian forum. Paleo? True.

It was tense around here in the past, but these days any disagreement tends to deal with nutrition, not so much the ethics. It's an open discussion forum so we can expect agreement to disagreement. I don't believe this place is an echo chamber, nor do I think that ''make them feel unwelcome'' is a constructive method for conversation or discussion.

As John mentioned, people argue over the main topic of a subforum everywhere on SF. I check the Christianity forum and there are members who have strong anti-Christian beliefs and mock Christianity. But most Christians there seem to be pretty calm about it, which shows their strength, IMO.

We have some subforums on SF, such as the Sanctuary, where it ((discussions)) can be avoided entirely.
Anyways.. take it easy, let peeps discuss things and no need to ''make them feel unwelcome''.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:29 PM
Ascender
Hi Altair,
Can you clarify?
How do you define mocking people?
Would you tolerate that kind of behavior in real life situation?
Old 06-09-2020, 11:48 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
It was tense around here in the past, but these days any disagreement tends to deal with nutrition, not so much the ethics.

Flexi-Girl never said it was ethics, Altair. She said people should not come here and tell others not to be vegans or how good it is to eat meat.

Don't change the focus.

Here Altair, here are some of your very recent posts in this sub-forum:

Carnivore animals are generally smarter, but sure you can find many herbivores that are 'smart' too, it's just that carnivores stand out more and they have to based on how they survive in this world.

These people want/crave animal food because it's dense in nutrients.

Human species evolved as meat eaters and if given the chance people will eat animal food. Human species evolved as meat eaters and if given the chance people will eat animal food. There are no vegan civilizations, only vegan individuals...
The people that only want to eat plants do so out of a deliberate choice, it's not their bodies telling them to do it.

Humans being herbivores is on the same page as Earth being flat. Humans evolved as meat eaters, have a hunter instinct, and can extract the nutrients they need from animal food. Better so than plants.

Protein and fats from animal food are superior compared to plant foods.

Government's advise and recommendations are not the same as the science itself.

There's death and slaughter in every diet, Debrah.

Ad nauseum by the way.

Ignoring reports to the contrary. Ignoring evidence. Ignoring peoples' experiences and feelings. Ignoring medical reports. Ignoring anything that doesn't subscribe to your perspective as "agenda" (bad governments and doctors, only Altair knows best!!)

Ignoring anything that does not subscribe to Altair's opinions.

Nothing new there for sure for anyone who reads any of your posts though, I'm sure; still it doesn't mean it's not disrespectful, in my opinion.

JL
Old 06-09-2020, 11:57 PM
Master
@Janielee:

You know, I've been active in this Veg forum for years and I have never seen you around...

You just 'happen' to be around now, and we can all understand why that is the case.

You are interested in creating a gang of followers to target someone. I've seen you do that so many times before on SF. Many, many times..
It is what you always do when you disagree with someone. Recently, most of your posts have been about your obsession with me.

Why not instead share with us your experiences with vegetarianism and/or veganism, instead of making it all about me?

Nothing about what you quote me on is controversial. Your post reads like a silly trial.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:59 PM
janielee

In response to Debra informing us of the pain of animals in farms, Altair writes:
Chickens do not have the same ''feelings'' as I do and only a few same basic needs.

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...=127637&page=6

Pretty sure that last comment is how mistreatment is allowed to happen.

JL
Old 07-09-2020, 12:04 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
@Janielee:

You know, I've been active in this Veg forum for years and I have never seen you around...

You just 'happen' to be around now, and we can all understand why that is the case.

You are interested in creating a gang of followers to target someone. I've seen you do that so many times before on SF. Many, many times..
It is what you always do when you disagree with someone. Recently, most of your posts have been about your obsession with me.

Why not instead share with us your experiences with vegetarianism and/or veganism, instead of making it all about me?

Nothing about what you quote me on is controversial. Your post reads like a silly trial.

I actually only responded to Flexi-Girl's call on the prevalence of certain people disrespecting the viewpoints and wishes of vegans or vegetarians.

Or did you not read the thread, Altair?

It has been obvious though that I was not surprised to see you here, as you are on the Buddhist forum and others where you openly admitted that you are not even interested in learning - you are just to convert people to your way of thinking.

I did call this out as semi-trolling, because I doubt you would find anyone who is open to that in real life.

Flexi-Girl's initial post is very clear, Altair.

You don't have to try to make this about me. Create a following? LoL, no that's definitely not me, LoL, but feel free to keep trying.

Try better, or maybe try limiting the attempts to force the world to your limited mindset - disregarding any facts to the contrary as nonsense or "conspiracy".

Naturally you won't be able to, but don't pretend that you don't know what Flexi-Girl is asking for in her initial post.

That's all that matters here, Altair.

JL
Old 07-09-2020, 12:06 AM
Master
Writing it in big red letters makes no difference. Just makes you look desperate.

We humans are more complex and have a wider range of feelings than chickens. Yup. ^^

Doesn't make me treat chickens poorly by any stretch. I've had them around growing up, taking care of them.

And you?? Share with us your experiences with vegetarianism/veganism.
Closed Thread