Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 20-02-2023, 09:02 AM
Administrator
For anyone contemplating Suicide PLEASE seek help.
but do not condemn people for doing it either as you don't walk in their shoes
and you don't know what gets them to that point either

Namaste
Old 20-02-2023, 09:06 AM
Master

Totally agree with Native Spirit.
Old 21-02-2023, 10:26 AM
Master

❤️
I sometimes rewatch this video even though I am no longer in this position.

I am so grateful that I healed at a time when there is so much good, free content on YouTube. There is so much great content out there.

Later on I watched this video when I came out of hospital for a nervous breakdown during a time of great stress and overwhelm. I was so afraid back then.
I wasn't suicidal then but
This video really helped with my recovery... it helps alot for anxiety I find, the next 5 minutes thing... sometimes I feel so tired and depleted if my anxiety spikes so only having to commit to the next 5 minutes feels much less overwhelming.

The next five minutes exercise can also be applied to my sometimes extreme anxiety too or when i am experiencing an ADHD or Autistic mental paralysis often due to a transition or change in my life.

If I only had to do something for the next five minutes, what would I do... i think this activity helps to keep me anchored...actually, come to think of it, I am really struggling with change in my life right now, perhaps I will rewatch it!

I am so grateful for this video and the fact that it is free.
---------------
Old 21-02-2023, 10:39 AM
Master

I learnt to ask myself "what would someone who loves themselves do" from Teal Swan.

It's a phrase for people who have trouble with self love and taking self loving actions.

I used to ask myself this question before each action over many months when I got out of hospital.
Over time, I learned to love myself hehe

Even really basic things, like do I want to eat an apple or a pear? Ask "what would someone who loves themselves do?" (It's pear for me right now).

I think I will start up this practice again...
Old 24-02-2023, 06:37 AM
Dude111

I am so sorry about your son!!!

How old was he??
Old 27-04-2023, 05:44 PM
Knower
Suicide or death does not end your problems. Even in the spirit world you will have the same problem. So suicide is not a long term solution. Only your physical body drops away at death. THe mind remains exactly like before death, even in heaven. So what is the solution ? There can be many types of solutions depending on your problem. One solution could be to change the atmosphere that you live in. Another solution could be to adopt a nice cute pet that you can play with.

Preventing suicide is all about doing things that have some sort of meaningfuless for you. If it is a trauma, then you need to forgive the other person or spend time in nature to heal the trauma. 15 minute meditation done twice or thrice a day can also help.

But I feel that the most important thing would be to somehow become happy and Reiki healing can do that for you. Google up Reiki and see what it is and book an appointment with a Reiki healer.
Old 28-04-2023, 01:14 PM
Master
It's a personal choice and I don't judge those that do it.
There is no way of knowing what the 'consequences' will be, it is speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurab
THe mind remains exactly like before death, even in heaven.

The ''mind'' is obviously shaped by the body. For example, if you take hits to the head you can develop brain issues, memory loss, etc. That changes what we call ''mind''. If you abstain from certain vitamins your ''mind'' may also change. Likewise, if you experience hunger or a great loss. If ''the mind'' remains exactly like before death then I guess there is also no hope for those suffering from Alzheimer etc.
Old 28-04-2023, 07:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
The ''mind'' is obviously shaped by the body. For example, if you take hits to the head you can develop brain issues, memory loss, etc. That changes what we call ''mind''. If you abstain from certain vitamins your ''mind'' may also change. Likewise, if you experience hunger or a great loss. If ''the mind'' remains exactly like before death then I guess there is also no hope for those suffering from Alzheimer etc.
Or we can say that the mind expresses through the body via the brain. This expression can be blocked or distorted by physical issues as you mention. Which implies that when the physical body dies there are no longer these physical issues to interfere with the expression of mind.

Some people report that during a near-death experience they have experienced a great mental expansion and clarity once free from the confines of the physical body. We do not realise the extent to which being in a body limits us. But perhaps the NDE is a heightened experience, and this mental expansion and clarity is not the common experience of those who have died.

By all accounts the mind remains unchanged after the physical body has been permanently discarded. We do not suddenly become all-knowing with immediate access to all the answers. Our thought patterns and beliefs and interests remain the same as before death. Which for many people is a big problem, because they lack all understanding of what is happening.

The question of Alzheimer's is an interesting one. Some claim that Alzheimer's occurs because the Soul has no further interest in a particular incarnation and has partially withdrawn, turning its attention elsewhere while the body still remains alive. The body continues to function on automatic pilot but there is no-one at home. Occasionally the Soul may turn its attention back to the body and there is a brief period of lucidity. When the time eventually comes for the body to die the Soul withdraws fully. This seems as good an explanation as any.

Peace
Old 28-04-2023, 08:22 PM
Administrator
I agree with iamthat

Namaste
Old 29-04-2023, 08:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Some people report that during a near-death experience they have experienced a great mental expansion and clarity once free from the confines of the physical body.

So the ''mind'' changes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
By all accounts the mind remains unchanged after the physical body has been permanently discarded.

Eh....??