Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 11-03-2023, 03:53 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

Help with insomnia

I'm slowly weaning off my medication for a mental illness I had 2 years ago. I can't take regular sleeping pills though it would conflict with the medication. Been dealing with minor withdrawals but the biggest is having sleep issues.

What are some natural remedies I could try?

I tried tea from the store and CBD seems to help a bit. But would love something stronger so I could sleep throughout the whole night.

Thank you for any advice you have on this.
Old 11-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Ascender
mature trichomes from a nighttime strain are needed for sleep

decarboxylate and eat flower

if you want something done right you have to do it yourself ~ I guess that's why people have herb gardens
Old 11-03-2023, 04:47 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

Thank you for your advice.

I looked up what you said and unfortunately I can't touch THC/weed. Probably for the rest of my life. I can take CBD though pure oil which I have and it has helped a little bit. I was just told to try Melatonin the strongest one is 10mg tonight with CBD. I'll see how that goes.
Old 11-03-2023, 06:32 PM
Ascender
I listen to audio books through headphones. Usually fiction or fantasy stories take mind mind off of the world. It's like having someone read a bed time story until you fall asleep.
Old 11-03-2023, 07:12 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

I know this might sound odd but I dealt with all sorts of side effects from the medication. I'll be very honest. I've lowered it down to 2 and I'll slowly go down more in the next few months. I'm doing this without a psychiatrist due to traveling too much. They put me on 5 medications due to a psychosis which runs in my family on my mom's side. I was a really bottled in too. Dealt with childhood trauma and didn't know how to self express myself. Told me I had to wait 2 years before lowering it. They also told me to avoid marijuana because of the psychosis. I read about each medication before doing this. I have quite a lot of the medication because we were preparing to travel and such. So I'm not running out or anything. So far nothing serious is happening. Just minor withdrawals. It was a mixture of spiritual beliefs and trauma. I would say it was like being in-between realities. I don't wish to go through it ever again.

I don't have patience since being medicated to watch tv, TikTok, listen to audio, etc. I tried reading a book recently fantasy and just lost interest was almost done with the book. Just music and reading quotes/Facebook talking to family on messenger. Exercise. As I'm lowering the medication I feel drawn to spirituality again. Had a few spiritual dreams before the insomnia started.

Before I was medicated I was interested in so many things. Watched tv, read fantasy, etc. Everything was turned off for me. A break from the world I guess.
Old 11-03-2023, 09:02 PM
Ascender
You've been through quite the ordeal, and I am so glad you're finding your way back to spirituality. I am sending out love and prayers in that you have a smooth gentle return to the fullness of life.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:39 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
You've been through quite the ordeal, and I am so glad you're finding your way back to spirituality. I am sending out love and prayers in that you have a smooth gentle return to the fullness of life.

Awe I'm okay overall. Just dealing with withdrawals. Maybe other's in my shoes might need to know they are not alone out there too.
Old 11-03-2023, 11:17 PM
Ascender
insomnia is an evil curse
Old 12-03-2023, 02:28 AM
Master

I don't have insomnia, but I recommend a method I learned from David St. Clairs' "Lessons in Instant ESP".

https://archive.org/details/davidstc...2up?q=insomnia

Lesson 5: On falling asleep, page 57

Basically, you visualize one by one the rainbow / chackra colors (red, orange, ...), which puts you in an alpha state, and you fall asleep. If you don't fall asleep from the first try, reapeat it.

The more you practice it, the more effective it becomes.

The people I recommended this to, said it worked nicely.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-03-2023, 01:41 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

I'll give it a try tonight.

Just want to say CBD and melatonin 10mg helped me have a Rem sleep last night. I was still tossing a bit but nothing like the past few nights. Was so tired from lack of sleep these past few days I went to bed so early last night (7ish my time).

Giving an update: Melatonin and CBD works together. I went to bed at 8 slept till 1. And retook the Melatonin 10mg which knocked me out till 5 and I had a good rest overall.

Last edited by SouthernFeather : 13-03-2023 at 11:19 AM.