Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 16-01-2023, 09:22 AM
Newbie ;)

Would this be a Lucid dream

Hello all, I’m starting to have lots of lucid dreams or at least I believe they are lucid.. Can anyone tell me if this dream that I had was really a lucid dream or just a regular dream. I am a Recent Reiki level 2 practitioner. I was watching T.V. Then fell asleep, instantly I realized that I was in what I felt was a park, it was dark out but the park lights were on. My Reiki master was there she was seated on a park bench across from me as I was seated on a park bench as well. I thought in my wake state what am I doing here,
I’m in my lounging clothes, my hair was messy why am I outside, then I looked over in her direction, and she was hand motioning for me to come where she was, I got up walked over, we hugged and I went back to my bench to sit down, she came over to me and and she said “what happened”, as I started to speak to her my movie that I was watching before I went to sleep was ending and the loud ending credit music woke me up! I felt myself thinking in my awake state as well as dream state. Would this be A lucid dream?
It’s like it was instant awake then straight into this other realm. My Reiki Master told me that if I ever needed to speak with her that I could always contact her spiritually, I have tried that, and every-time,she would call me, text or email me out of the blue. But this time I was just watching a movie! Appreciate the info
Old 16-01-2023, 05:26 PM
Master

Well, there are lucid dreams and there is astral projection, they both kinda fall in the same place, just that lucid dreams happen in your own private space while an astral projection may lead you to experiences so wild that you think about them for a very long time. You can break free from a lucid dream and project your consciousness wherever you want, at least I can.

Lucid dreams have a certain feeling, they feel artificial, like a mirage in the desert, at least this is how I experience them, right away I know that I am having a lucid dream and right away the dream stops, among many other things. I personally dislike lucid dreams.

I personally think you did not have a lucid dream, but something more, something in the domain of a supernatural experience, your master may or may not be aware of this.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:12 PM
Knower

"I thought in my wake state what am I doing here,"

This part indicates that it was at least a partial lucid dream.

If the rest was also conscious choices like you CHOOSING to look over in her direction, you CHOOSING to walk over and hug her and sit down... then yes that was a lucid dream!

A lucid dream is basically where you realize you are in a dream, and then you can do what you want in the dream. You can go somewhere else, call anyone into the dream, fly, make objects appear, etc.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:45 AM
Guide
I'm pretty on par with what was said already, with me there's vivid dream imagery, then there's lucid dreaming where you know what is happening and can affect your dream environment, then there is projection or non-locale of focus for the individuated consciousness where awareness ventures out of the body and dreaming brain entirely.

Sounds like an inspiring experience you've had! I hope you get more and that your reiki teacher can assist you there.
Old 23-02-2023, 08:42 AM
Master

I think the definition of a lucid dream is you know you are dreaming in the dream so you basically have your normal waking consciousness while in the dream.
Old 23-02-2023, 08:46 AM
Master

I think what a lot of people call astral projection is actually more of a lucid dream type thing. I just think that because I left my body once and it was sure hard on my physical body to be outside of it like that. My heart rate and breathing was crazy when I snapped back into my body.
Old 23-02-2023, 09:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Yes, I agree. But I was definitely aware that I was watching tv, then when I had fallen asleep I realized I was somewhere else and conscious of my dream. I’d like to astral project, not sure how.
Old 23-02-2023, 10:58 AM
Master

In a nutshell version:

Lucid dreaming is were YOU control the dream. In normal dreaming IT is in control of the dream ie just a passing series of images.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:49 PM
Newbie ;)

I would say this is classifiable as a lucid dream because you had a direct engagement with another person. This engagement was when you had a conversation with your Reiki master within the dream.