Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 23-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Newbie ;)

What do y'all think about AI artwork?

The courts have been ruling that Ai generated artwork doesn't deserve a copyright because it doesn't fit the pre-existing definition of human generated.

Are the artificial intelligences just a paintbrush, or would this way of thinking put already-starving artists even further away from their next meal ticket?

I have sampled the ai-generated artwork, and it is really amazing what a simple prompt can produce!
Old 28-12-2022, 08:34 AM
Master

Please explain what you mean about A1 "artwork?" It's just that I don't know what it means.

Last edited by AngelBlue : 28-12-2022 at 06:53 PM.
Old 30-12-2022, 12:14 AM
Master
Some fantastic stuff Angel (maybe someöne can post a few links) was going to google when I got on the computer if any AI had done any animation.
Old 30-12-2022, 01:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Please explain what you mean about A1 "artwork?" It's just that I don't know what it means.

AI artificial intelligence

they figured out a way that they could get computers to 'learn' how to generate pretty pictures, by 'looking at' the work of famous artists. And some of what came out of that is supposed to be very beautiful. I haven't actually seen it myself so I dunno...
Old 03-01-2023, 07:31 AM
Master

Oh ..... I see !!!!!
Well all I know is that if you see an "image" of an artwork on your computer / mobile , it then becomes "non" copyrighted . The fact that it's on your device therefore makes it your property !!!!!!!! Then you can do what you want with it !!!
They used to tell you if you copy a famous painting as your own ,that was ok as long as you made at least 7 changes in your own painting from the original . So If it was a bunch of grapes , count them and paint 7 less on your own "adaptation"....
Then you can't get into trouble !!!

Me, I ALWAYS get into trouble even when I did nothing wrong !

( Are we talking about aliens ?)
Old 19-11-2023, 03:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

they figured out a way that they could get computers to 'learn' how to generate pretty pictures, by 'looking at' the work of famous artists. And some of what came out of that is supposed to be very beautiful. I haven't actually seen it myself so I dunno...

The popularity of AI art and the rate at which it is expanding is a threat to artists. Those composite images have to be pulled from somewhere, meaning that their work is being pirated.
Master
Quote:

The popularity of AI art and the rate at which it is expanding is a threat to artists. Those composite images have to be pulled from somewhere, meaning that their work is being pirated.
Master
Quote:

Old 24-03-2024, 02:10 AM
crystaladdict99

I see it as a threat to artists.
Old 24-03-2024, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I too see it as a threat.

I know someone who does AI and he's shown me work he's made. It's not really my thing, I never like computer generated stuff, not even when someone made it from scratch.
But he also told me that at the site he does this or shows his work, there's also arguments about copyright.
That problem arises especially when people want to sell the images they created. Some make good money of it from what he told me.

I wouldn't like my own artwork to be used by someone else, have it altered a bit and then sold for a lot of money.
I don't want it to be used by anyone. Period. It's my work!

To be honest I don't consider AI to be real work of art. More like cheating.
They can be pretty pictures, but not necessarily art.

I'm a member of an acrylics paintings group on FB and often non-members ask if they can purchase your work as NFT.
I'd never even heard of that, had to Google it. Since I know that happens, I always put my name and © diagonally over my paintings' photo before posting there.
But it could get nicked from this site as well of course...