Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 22-11-2022, 01:17 AM
Seeker
Post Holly King Season - Magical Recipes thread

•>|| The Time of the Holly King ||<•
•••☽◯☾••☽◯☾•☽◯☾•••☽◯☾•••☽◯☾•☽◯☾••☽◯☾•••

During the season of growing darkness there are so many things a witch will benefit from. A time for rest and stillness. A time for shadow working, planning, dedicating themselves to their craft and their books and journals and books of wisdom they are continually expanding. In my case maybe more cooking, more organizing, decluttering, reflecting and hopefully being creative.

During the Holly Kings Season we find several Sabbaths.
•Lammas
•Mabon
•Samhain
•Yule
They have to do with gratitude, with the collecting of the fruits of our labors, with the celebration of light, remembrance of the dead and loved ones. It is an intense time, just as the Light Months are, with the forthcoming power of life sprouting from the dark ground, where it has retreated to rest for the Winter.
In the USA of course, one of the big celebrations will be that of Thanksgiving. A holiday I am personally not too fond of, as it is a marking of the colonialization of this territory and the genocide of the Native American People and their beautiful and diverse Culture.

However- as of now, with my roommate being so fond of this Holiday (It is his very favorite), I do believe we should celebrate being thankful, if not the original meaning of the arrival of us at these shores, then grateful for what we have reaped this year, maybe even in this life. Celebrating the friends and family we have made and collected, the love we have sowed and harvested and as many of his AA colleagues without loving family and homes will join us as usual, this is definitely a lovely time of light and love and should not be frowned upon.

This year for this purpose we will be doing an entirely Gluten Free meal again (With exception of the Apple Pie, which is a trustie frozen pie, that we can just bake), and we are keeping it all fairly easy. Green Beans (fresh - naturally), Mashed Potatoes and Turkey Gravy with Mushrooms, Stuffing (this year using My firends wonderful GF Sourdough bread and lots of celery and onion…) and I am thinking I might make some sweet carrots as well since they are so nice and easy to create and will add a splash of color on the plate. AND the star next to the Turkey will be my Cranberry Sauce. And this year I have every wish to make it the most shining of my dishes. Because I will put all the love and intention of a Spell into it.

Speaking of - now here it is… My Cranberry Sauce Magic.

Cranberry Sauce with a bit more than just a Dash of Magic and Cheer

Ingredients:
12oz fresh Cranberries
1 Green Apple
12oz granulated Sugar
1 Lemon
1 Orange
Cinnamon
Star Anise
Pinch of Salt

Cranberries: abundance, gratitude, rejuvenation, vitalization, supporting both the bodies ability to heal but also mental well-being
Apples: Spiritual Development, manifesting, abundance and opening the door between realms
Lemon: Happiness, Friendship, Clarity, Self-Love
Orange: Creativity, purification, truth
Cinnamon: success, abundance, love, spiritual development
Star Anise: psychic ability, balance
Salt: Purify, Cleanse and Banish (sea salt)
Sugar: to sweeten life and bless it

As you chop the Cranberries, peel and cut the Apple, juice and zest the lemon and orange imagine all these words and what they will mean to our friends who struggle with Addiction. Ask and meditate upon these to manifest especially as they join together to become a delightful potion.

Add them into a pot with the granulated sugar, a stick of cinnamon, a couple of star anise and salt while you keep stirring and speaking great wishes and intentions while you create and birth this magic. Keep simmering it until it thickens to your desired consistency.

I hope with this you might be able to add some magick to this season, wether this coming Thursday or any other meal you might be having throughout the Holly Kings Season.
Let me know how you like this recipe - maybe share your own Holiday Magical Recipes and Traditions you enjoy? I would love to see some of yours!

Blessed Be
I walked through the fire, And witchcraft was my medicine.
I healed, And witchcraft was my medicine.
I was reborn, And witchcraft was my medicine.
I stand in my power, And witchcraft is my medicine.