Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 07-10-2022, 02:18 PM
Seeker

Losing faith in my search for spirits

Hi everyone,

I've tried really hard to find proof of spirits but I've had no luck so far I don't know what to do now, I really wanted to believe and i get a sick feeling in my stomach when it kind of hits me that this might not be real.

I've been to a church twice ( I posted about this previously ) and two mediums were completely off. I've since been trying to find a good private medium but they keep cancelling on me for various reasons. I use a phone number that isn't connected to any social media and I don't give my name which they don't seem to like as once I don't give my name they start making excuses why they need to cancel. This is giving me huge doubts and I don't know what to believe.

These mediums that have cancelled on me have between 20-30 5 star ratings on google and yell (UK). They must accept bookings from people who they can find their social media from their phone and then cancel the ones like myself who they can't find anything on.

I did manage to book in with one medium for a private reading and they gave no proof just like the ones at the church, just descriptions of someone who I didn't recognise and then they told me things this spirit was telling me about my future which isn't proof.

I don't even know why I'm writing this tbh, I'm really at a low point and believing in spirits and the after life was getting me through and I don't know what to do now. I really do want to believe. I want to believe that much that it makes me cry when I think it might not be real.
Old 07-10-2022, 06:03 PM
Wink

I know what you mean.

Hmm, have you ever tried this? It might be fun for you.
Stand up, talk to these invisible 'spirits'...Say:
1. "I'm going to tilt forward,'' (and do it)- ..."this is a YES."
2. Then, "I'm going to lean backwards.." (and do it)..."This is a NO."

Then Ask them a yes or no question - see what happens.
HA! Lemme know. Might be a mind blower!

Example - Should I buy that house on 8th St.?
Should I break up with Sue?
Should I move to LA for that job?
Am I allergic to wheat is that my problem?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-10-2022, 07:24 PM
Experiencer

There can be no guarantees of success no matter how accomplished or experienced any medium may be. Communication needs a psychic link between medium and would-be communicator and that's not necessarily easily achieved.

An experienced medium may be able to make herself more 'accessible' to a spirit wanting to reach out but it still needs both parties to be able to work together to achieve success. Please try not to be despondent and please remember there are successful sessions every week in churches and centers.

Have you considered a telephone or online session?
Old 08-10-2022, 10:26 AM
Seeker

hey Miss Hepburn I've never tried that before but I will deffo give it a try, thank you :)

Hi Boyce, Yeah I understand where you're coming from with that and I am open to these kind of things but it's so disheartening and makes me get suspicious when two mediums cancelled on me. Maybe I should have lied and gave them a false name, but I'm an honest person and wouldn't like doing that.

I have considered online and phone but for my own peace of mind I need to see a medium who has zero information on me and booking and paying online the medium would have my full name and maybe my address.

It's strange because last night I felt what I thought was my dog putting her front paws on my bed (she does this to wake me if she needs the toilet ) and when I woke up to look she was laid in her bed asleep so it can't have been her. These are the things I want to believe are spirit communicating with me but I just need proof from a medium.

I will try not to lose faith but it is hard sometimes.

Thanks again Miss Hepburn and Boyce.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:25 AM
Pathfinder
I'm sure your intention is heard. Keep sharpening this intention, asking for it. it's okay if you get angry at the topic, but trust the spirit of time to bring it about at the right time. Sometimes it takes years, if your soul as a contract to open up to the spiritual realm at a certain specific age.
I've realized the existence of the spiritual realms at age 17, I mean just hearing people's stories and realizing there's something so much bigger. I've been on the spiritual path since, now 25, and it is only very slowly starting to appear before me.
My guide, spoke through the channeler who's my teacher I started learning from not long ago, confirmed to me This Very Week that I'll start being a channeler/medium a little before age 30.
So, yeah. Patience, trust the process.
Old 03-12-2022, 01:53 PM
Guide

I hope you find your confirmation soon. It can be blasted frustrating to keep being denied or "frozen out" like you have been.

That said, I'd like to suggest a different angle on your situation. There are good mediums, bad mediums, and fake mediums. Although I do connect with spirits at times (and therefore fervently believe that they are real) no medium can always connect. Perhaps the spirits you hope to contact are not in the mood to speak to you. Perhaps your desire to prove something to yourself is off-putting to them. Keep in mind that spirits are just people, people who happen to be dead. They can be moody, busy, distracted, uninterested.

I have never sought a medium, so I cannot offer any suggestions about how to find a solid honest one. I can only assure you that spirits and good mediums do exist.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:36 PM
Administrator
Sending your thoughts out to whom you want to hear from.
ask them to come to you in your dreams

Namaste
Old 04-12-2022, 03:49 PM
Guide

There are good mediums out there but they are very few and far between.

I had similar experiences to you. I'm very careful about not giving anything away and found most mediums didn't like that. I use a different surname on Fb so they can never find anything about me. That's not the reason I keep my real surname private, but it certainly filters out poor mediums.

However, one day I phoned a medium who had very good reviews and she told me not to tell her my surname (I wouldn't have anyway) or any personal details. I went along and was very surprised as she was very good, she came up with names and details no one could have known. That was my proof.

Don't give up. I know other people's experiences are only anecdotal, but my sister's new home is haunted so it's second nature to me now!
Old 04-12-2022, 05:15 PM
Administrator
Hello

Remember that not all Medium's are the same the true one's do it from the Heart and not from the pocket book. It is not hard to get a 5 star rating as most that seek out advise are so wanting to hear anything given.

I was born into who and what I am and I have been blessed to have gone head to head with some of the so called best in the World early on my path of discovery on how it all works. I turned from that spotlight as it was blinding to see it all unfold.

I do work for free or donation for the most part. Lots of years of teaching and giving back. I ask nothing about what someone seeks I just let it flow in.

I rarely get a "name" given to me as that is so general to the population at times more I seek to be given something more concrete a body marking or special talent someone had. Something that leaves no doubt with whom I have connected too.

There are good and bad in all professions out there thus a Dr being a Quack. I have one of those!

Lynn
Old 05-12-2022, 08:57 PM
Experiencer

" I'm very careful about not giving anything away and found most mediums didn't like that. " I'm very disappointed to hear that.

A competent, experienced medium would not expect you to provide a name or information - providing those is the medium's role.

A medium may not be able to provide the name(s) of the spirit communicator(s) but a sitting can still be effective and evidential when the recipient has information she/he can identify with.