Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 21-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Adrian29

Ajna chakra

I read that if you meditate and concentrate on your ajna chakra you can open your third eye faster. Is this true? How many minutes should be enough to meditate? Many blessings.
Old 22-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Master
Ajna chakra is the third eye.

Here's a thread on meditations for that: Third Eye Meditation - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32429#post32429

Xan

Old 22-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian29
I read that if you meditate and concentrate on your ajna chakra you can open your third eye faster. Is this true? How many minutes should be enough to meditate? Many blessings.

Yes, this is true.......but not to be taken lightly, for many simply end up with severe headaches because they do not understand what and why they are doing what they are doing.

I would suggest developing an understanding about each chakra very thoroughly first. I would suggest discarding the idea of "faster" right now before you end up going through a mental breakdown. I have watched many go through such breakdowns and it is far easier to go through a breakdown then to open adjna chakra! It will open on its own when you prepare yourself for meeting the Divine within you. It is safer to begin a simple practice of prayer, reflection, dream study, and meditation and hold True to that course until you come into a moment of spontaneous Grace......

Before proceeding try reading two books which will help you build a firm foundation and avoid the many pitfalls so many fall into:

"Self Unfoldment By Disciplines Of Realization by Manly P Hall"
and
"Healing: The Divine Art by Manly P Hall"

What does Healing have to do with what you want?
A: Everything!

Old 22-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Adrian29

I read about a technique in which you use a mantra and you can open your third eye in 4 days. I didn't used this techniques because you can have severe headaches. I think that if I meditate and concentrate on my third eye is safe. If I meditate for 15-20 minutes a day I don't think that I will have headaches.
Old 24-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Adrian29

Someone told me that when you suffer a mentaly traumatic event your psychic abilities grow and your third eye opens faster. Also your third eye opnens faster when you stay more in''here and now''.
Old 24-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Racer X

Quote:
I read about a technique in which you use a mantra and you can open your third eye in 4 days. I didn't used this techniques because you can have severe headaches. I think that if I meditate and concentrate on my third eye is safe. If I meditate for 15-20 minutes a day I don't think that I will have headaches.

Adjna Chakra meditations have an effect on the pineal gland and since this becomes dormant if not used, a quick forced measure will bring on pain. Your focus of 15-20 minutes will not likely cause to much trouble. Yet do so in an effortless fashion, a relaxed meditation~

"Intent" is most important here......
To open the Higher Centers without a governor is dangerous. What is a "Governor" ??? This goes by many different names but is in essence the same thing.....Higher Self/No Self/ Self/Being/Divine Consciousness/Christ Consciousness/ Krishna/ Kahuna /Thy Will(The One Supreme Will)

So too focus on Adjna along with a surrender of EGO to the Divine Mind is the safest route to take.

It would also be beneficial to focus on the heart(Anahata) chakra, as this connects the lower 3 chakras to the upper three. All must come into balance~ The Heart Intelligence is the beginning of Higher Consciousness.

In western trained minds these two centers are mostly ignored and thus we have "heart dis-ease" and "strokes" when these centers are meant to activate yet meet resistance. This is not meant to scare you out of doing this, but rather, to better prepare you. The Spiritual has an effect on the Physical and so EAT Heart Healthy and Brain Healthy foods/Herbs; this will help prevent problems.
Old 24-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Someone told me that when you suffer a mentaly traumatic event your psychic abilities grow and your third eye opens faster. Also your third eye opnens faster when you stay more in''here and now''.

This is true in many cases........but a word of caution: If not brought into harmony the likely result is mental illness instead of Self Actualization. Most mentally ill persons have certain psychic abilities but they are not under conscious control of them. Patience, Tolerance, Forgiveness, Persistence, Non-Attachment without being detached, Humility, Simpleness, Kindness, Compassion; these all go hand in hand with a True Awakening.

Yes, you speed the process by remaining in the present moment. There are techniques which help with this.
If the chattering mind is a problem "The Secret Of Letting Go by Guy Finley" is a good tool to work with.
If emotions are a problem "Teach Only Love by Gerald Jampolsky" is a good tool to use.
Many tools out there but each must discern for themselves which ones to use and to what degree. Accept New Knowledge at the same time as Letting Go of any firm belief in it. Use each knowledge as a stepping stone to greater self Awareness then letting go of the step after it is crossed.
Old 24-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Adrian29

Thank you very much Racer X. Your answers help me very much.
Old 24-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Racer X

You are most welcome~

Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Adrian29

I begin to meditate on my third eye. Sometimes I meditate with my eyes open at work. I begin to feel a little presure on my third eye. Is this a sign that my ajna chakra is begining to open?