Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 01-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Suspended
Seeker

Why God is ONE

The Answer to heaven is God's oneness. But if you are still skeptical here’s an argument for you amongst many but to me it’s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would’nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.

What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That’s why God is One.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Master
Namaste and welcome to SF.

To say that God is only one is limiting God to a unity, is it not? I believe that all God concepts have the same origin, but they are all just small facets of a huge diamond, but God isn't even the diamond...nor the ocean the individual soul is only a droplet within.

God is unity because whatever name is given to Him with love, faith and devotion will represent Him. so He can be 'one God' and He can be 'many Gods' mutually, exclusively and simultaneously - it wouldn't be God otherwise.

God made it confusing so only the heart can understand it and some of us use the language of the heart to communicate.

God wants to 'ruin His unity' for the same reason he created Mankind to believe in Him...'cause He was bored and gave us all free will.

I do believe that 'God is one'. I give Him the conceptual label of 'Shiva' and others call Him 'Jehovah' (or that name that cannot be said - that's a cool one from a Hindu point of view) or Allah...I just worship God in this particular form, I guess so...

I don't include Buddha in there because Buddha isn't technically a God...but anyway, enough of it.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 02-11-2016, 04:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroHector
The Answer to heaven is God's oneness. But if you are still skeptical here’s an argument for you amongst many but to me it’s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would’nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.

What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That’s why God is One.

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the forum, dear soul.

I would agree with you. God is One. The One God but known by many different names.
Would you not agree though that by the same token, humanity is also one! And indeed all creation is one!
And therein lies the reason for universal tolerance and compassion and non-violence.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 03-11-2016, 12:46 AM
Ascender

Ask yourself if you become one god, why you were restricted as so many, but that the many as one is incomplete, because where you see one you ignore many; and many ignores the one. So that do you see the cross? This is the nature of ignorance, and that you mistake a covenant between two to stay together, as one and ignore the difference and so the consequences. One god may save you, but two gods are required for creation, otherwise you could speak the word, because no word can be spoken that does not itself exist; so that one god would mean no us, because nothing woulf appear different, and so differences could not mislead, because if you see something different than different you should so treat. All prophets both true and false, because everything is true, but you ignore the truth in the loss.

Now hear this mortal, god is inconsequential to you, there is nothing for you there to fathom, and nothing to relate it to; because you are not of one, but of many; and so youncan speak of everyone, but the one you speak of; in order for everyone to be ones self, there is one that you that you cannot be; and so the truth of one, when all is sung, is that the truth of two is not for you, because you are not the one. And thats why we await, the arrival of the state, in which the truth can be revealed, because as one passes through two, in death and birth, you would find those lips sealed. Because you have been philisophical and mystical I am sure, but that spirit has not been your lure; because the one you speak of, is the one that is speaking, apply that to yourself, not me that you might be thinking, but that your tongue is of reaching but path that is stinking, because ignorance is indeeed what you ignore, when you cant see past the door and think it cant be more.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:03 AM
Merlini

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
... God wants to 'ruin His unity' for the same reason he created Mankind to believe in Him...'cause He was bored and gave us all free will. ...

When u say for this reason he created mankind, u make it seem like God is in need of anything of his creation or from his creation...
no God is supreme, he does not need anything from or of his creation
This is personalizing an Almighty Creator into a personal God like Hinduism bears upon..

Just because life on earth is about figuring out how to be with one another doesnt mean the planets that are about to crash each other will say... sorry move aside pls... no.. God is supreme, nothing like his creation and not in need of anything from his creation..

it is mankind that is dire need to worship God.. the one.. why one.. cuz in unity u will find peace... else your mind is split bi or any other sort of mental illness...

for your own benefit he is one, as he is and has created us ...

religions which have many have separated and distributed it for understandings sake but in all means.. God is one
Old 03-11-2016, 01:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlini
When u say for this reason he created mankind, u make it seem like God is in need of anything of his creation or from his creation...
This is personalizing an Almighty Creator into a personal God like Hinduism bears upon..

Just because life on earth is about figuring out how to be with one another doesnt mean the planets that are about to crash each other will say... sorry move aside pls... no.. God is supreme, nothing like his creation and not in need of anything from his creation..

it is mankind that is dire need to worship God.. the one.. why one.. cuz in unity u will find peace... else your mind is split bi or any other sort of mental illness...
Fair enough, but ask yourself - if God is whole and supreme and needs/wants nothing from us, why create us in the first place?

I also have a mental ilness, but any reference to this would be an ad-hominem argument which would be far from the truth anyway.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:30 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlini

for your own benefit he is one, as he is and has created us ...

religions which have many have separated and distributed it for understandings sake but in all means.. God is one

God may be supreme, but why do you place it so lowly; don't you know that he's holy; he is not so limited as you call him, in fact he appears here so many times; that in order to appear here in a way recognized; he could not be recognized at all-- Because if you recognized him, you would not recognize yourself; and that you can empathize with this, imagine everything you created acted as your cells, legs and fist-- That everyone should see themselves in him and acted accordingly, and in this they experienced love; but that he could not see himself within them, because he could not recognize himself-- So that all did what he wanted, and no other could they please; would you desire this for yourself? than oneness hands you the keys-- For, that is on the table, you want oneness; eat your heart out-- Because you know not the heart that was created; is the heart that does not exist when there is one-- So why would he created others, whom could love what appears not to be himself? because he would rather step down into creation, and become one of the lovers, just to know what is love--

Do you not think, that life was the basis? no not even life, even spirit was a creation-- So that all the truth you know, if you talk about one; you are objective, materialistic, and have not related-- And placed him so high, that you treated him low because you renounce his creation as wasted-- Do not pretend like you didn't, you gave him a limit, and than insulted his business; so either way you have stabbed yourself in the heart, and thought you made a good point-- What a dagger, so double edged; leave the blade in long enough until there is a stench; your sense of smell and taste are twisted, because your tongue speaks with no basis, for you are grounded in a dream; and if you spoke the truth you would taste it; and if you smelled the truth you would no where to place it; but your taste buds are complacent-- Because peace is one thing that is not infinite; where all else is-- So carry the load or be glad that your senses are twisted; because if you knew peace like you knew truth, towards peace a finger would never be lifted--
Old 03-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Merlini

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
...So why would he created others, whom could love what appears not to be himself? because he would rather step down into creation, and become one of the lovers, just to know what is love--

Do you not think, that life was the basis? no not even life, even spirit was a creation-- So that all the truth you know, if you talk about one; you are objective, materialistic, and have not related-- And placed him so high, that you treated him low because you renounce his creation as wasted-- Do not pretend like you didn't, you gave him a limit, and than insulted his business; so either way you have stabbed yourself in the heart, and thought you made a good point-- What a dagger, so double edged; leave the blade in long enough until there is a stench; your sense of smell and taste are twisted, because your tongue speaks with no basis, for you are grounded in a dream; and if you spoke the truth you would taste it; and if you smelled the truth you would no where to place it; but your taste buds are complacent-- Because peace is one thing that is not infinite; where all else is-- So carry the load or be glad that your senses are twisted; because if you knew peace like you knew truth, towards peace a finger would never be lifted--

Thats so humain. Do you perceive God to be anything like his creation? So he can fit into your box. If so go at it, its to your downfall.../there is a reason why i place it so lowly, yet nothing i have to explain to you, take it as it is or leave it, its up to you, im by no means in charge over you, so i wont even try, By no means do i benefit of it or not, so it may be to me as posted previously perhaps. Whats it to you? Topic is is God one.
The fantasy about the heart and the dagger and all else, is a reflection of your imagination. Your very own coxed up mind, has nothing to do with me.

God is One and he is supreme. all Hail to God... have at it...
Old 01-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Suspended
Seeker

To believe in more than one God is going to become a problem when you die. As believers in one God we will turn to him only while those than don't, those that believe in more than one God will be in confusion. Do you think that when you die it is so easy. I suffer from schizophrenia and I hear voices. Everyday the voices try to convince me that I am God, that there is more than one God, that I am the anti christ, that I am evil and rahashing my sin to make me feel guilty about my life. The only solace I have is my belief in One God which is more than enough. The same thing will happen to poltheist that die. They will either tell you that you are a God or they will say they are Gods. They know that this is the only way for them to lose heaven. You think death is easy. I almost died and eventually i went insane from the voices. I recovered Godwilling and if you are reading this then you know a secret of death. Who you going to turn to. One God or many. Death is confusing and painful. There is no time to think of a complicated scenario. It simple, you will call out to God. In the quran it sais that Pharoah did so as well when he finally saw God's power but it was too late. God punished him. Don't be like pharoah, while there's life there's hope.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Suspended
Seeker

Here's is hope for Polytheist inshallah. Evens during Death Allah will help those Polytheist Allah's deems worthy of his mercy mashallah. That's how merciful Allah is mashallah.

Surah An’am Verse 40-41

Say: “ Think ye to yourselves,
If there come upon you The Wrath of God,
Or the Hour(that ye dread),
Would ye then call upon
Other than God?
(reply) if ye are truthful!

“Nay,- On Him would ye
Call, and if it be
His Will, He would remove
(The distress) which occasioned
Your call upon Him