Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 26-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Neeti_Shri

The Best Diet! ;-))

funnily enough,no one will be able to believe their ears or eyes,when they see this post.

it is as if the perfect diet has been sitting under our noses all the while,and we have not noticed it!!

this is what i did,to lose 30 pounds in the past 3 months,and have just another 20 to go.i did minimal exercise,which included suryanamaskar[not regularly],walking a bit here and there,exercise cycle rarely,and the whole point is ,i just kept myself busy,as much as possible.

it is very simple.cut down on salt/sugar/oil.how do we go about this?

stop eating processed foods like noodles,salted potato chips etc...they have huge amounts of salt in them.also reduce the amount of salt in your cooking by half,you will be amazed that the food tastes even better!!eat a pack of ur fav salty food once a month,as your reward.

stop eating sweets,soft drinks,chocolates,icecreams.if you dont know abt this,one bar of chocolate has atleast 10 teaspoons of sugar.imagine what icecreams and sweets can do to your system!a softdrinks like pepsi also have atleast 10 teaspoons of sugar in them.mango juices and the like,are full of sugar.

so i switched to a low calorie sweetener,bought and stored lots of honey,have more fruits whenever possible,and reward myself with a pastry every month.this is a healthy way of satisfying your sweet tooth.

from the health point of view,also,processed foods have preservatives and they are basically dead foods.we get no life from them.instead,make it a point to have a health drink sometimes.our body needs the healthy ingredients they provide.if u feel it is expensive and a waste of money,just cut down the rest of the unhealthy foods and buy in that money! )

next,stay away from fried foods ..even if you have to eat them,put them in tissue paper,absorb all the oil,and then eat.

but i can share something important here,oils can be avoided but ghee,atleast a teaspoon everyday is healthy.because oils have bad fats in them.ghee is purely good fats.

fry your breads,chapathis etc dry.or else use minimum ghee.

i have also bought a homeopathic juice,which gives me a healthy heart and tastes amazing.thus,i just scout through the supermarket,and buy only healthy foodstuff.stay away from your local bakery,for your long term healths sake,and for your weight loss sake!

oats can lower cholesterol,so have them daily,a few mouthfuls,between meals,instead of snacks.try eating sprouts once in a while.

buy fruit juices that have no preservatives,and are pure.put jaggery instead of sugar in all your homemade dishes.buy sweets that have jaggery in them.thus,just using common sense,can work wonders.

love yourself,dont have a big ego,give others charity,these are other things that will keep you spiritually well,and take care of your mental health.these things are also factors in weightloss.

i also have a lot of good news!u can gorge on chaats,burgers,all italian stuff like homemade macaroni,sphagetti,pizzas etc.these never make you put on weight,and are good alternatives to those who wish to eat a lot.

what i wanted to stress and to bring to everyone's notice is that by making these changes i lost so many pounds so quickly!!anyone can do it.i also forgot to mention one more thing.

we can skip a meal,either breakfast or dinner,each day.or if you dont feel like skipping the meal on a particular day,just eat half the amount of what you usually eat.make a mental note of how much you work everyday.if you are sedentary and do not have much work to do,eat less,just enough to give energy for a day.if you work moderately,eat just a few more mouthfuls and if you are a heavy worker,then there is no problem,most probably everything you eat will be burnt off!!

the whole point is that we have to WATCH what we are doing.supposing you went to a mall.choose a burger or chaat over other oily foods.or just in case you had an icecream or chocolate milkshake, or something with lots of calories,skip dinner that day.we just have to watch what we are doing.

these are easy ways to lose weight without exercising much.also add a lot of satvic foods to your diet.stuff like

coconuts,
tender coconut water,
raisins,
almonds,
sprouts,
fruits,
vegetables,
buttermilk with very less salt,
honey,
jaggery,
little milk,avoid drinking lots,
nuts of different kinds,but in little amounts,only a handful,plain nuts,unsalted.
lots of water,
ghee,
oats,
any healthy cornflakes,
any health drinks,
etc.

you can combine these in a million different ways,and make very tasty dishes!!thats the best part.

also,stock up all these things,so even if your family members are hungry and grab something from the kitchen,you can atleast be sure they are eating healthy.rest in next!! love,neets.
Old 26-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Master
Color

The sugars yes, I've lost 40 lbs. this year from cutting out sugars (soda etc.), but since I'm diabetic, I can't eat the rice (brown ok), and all other starches NO. Not good for ME or any other diabetic as starches turn to sugar in your system. It makes my blood sugar reading skyrocket, no good there...otherwise, there are some great ideas you have for diet.

Cereals like cornflakes may sound good, BUT they are made by PROCESSING a muddy mixture with the grain and at high speed and high temps destroys the innate nutrients and so cereal is out as far as I'm concerned. I rarely rarely eat any cereal but I told myself as a rare reward I would have lucky charms or pops or trix. I still have yet to indulge in years. I'm about to cut out candy bars from my diet altogether. chocolate no, will have only the ghirardelli (expensive yummy stuff) on rare occasions. I'm doing well on my diet too.
Kudos neeti!

Old 26-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Knower

Cutting out processed stuff I totally agree with!

Any processed sugars and grains especially wheat, or at least cut down on them.

I avoid fruit juice due to it being so full of (natural, but still) sugar. Whole fruits instead!

On oils, yes avoid the vegetable oils, stick to saturated and mono saturated fats. Like ghee yes, and coconut oil YUM!

Chocolate... No, just stick to the dark stuff. It still has sugar yes, but after a while of cutting out sugar in other areas the 85% stuff starts to taste quite sweet. I'm moving up to 90%+ now
Old 26-11-2010, 05:59 PM
glenos

Ermm, scuse me, who's the skinny girly over there?

Wecome back Neetz.

Gx
Old 27-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Neeti_Shri

hi my sweethearts!!

so true silvergirl[sweety pie ],i avoid brown rice and starches as well.I just checked and found i have gained 4 pounds!!darn,anyway,i have to be stricter with myself now.yup,i agree cornflakes is not such a good idea.

glenos!!Thanks so much,n how are you?i cant tell how much i missed you all...

zero,yup,i agree that its better to avoid fruit juices,but the problem is,I actually love them!!u find them in our streets everywhere,i just cant resist.but i do ask them to put v less sugar.

my mom gave me this advice,she told me,just think that you have had the most luxurious foodstuffs all your life,its better to bid them goodbye..before its too late,and there is something called contentment[this she says with complete sarcasm!] LOL

tc all,lots of love,neets.
Old 27-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Master
Hi neetisweeti~it's normal to fluctuate some. I lost 40, gained 5 recently, but my old clothes still hanging off of me, so can't really wear them without feeling gauche! It's such a fantastic feeling to dig in the back of the closet to find skinnier clothing! You KNOW it~ and even those are getting loose.~In this cold weather we're having, I'm surprised I haven't shivered off another 10 lbs.

Old 27-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Master
I've lost 7 pounds in two weeks..this is how I am doing it. NO SUGAR, I eat fruits and vegies and often. I take iodine and Vit. D and drink green tea four days a week. I swim 3 and 1/2 miles a week (45 minutes to swim a mile) I walk half an hour pretty fast 4 times a week, I do yoga half an hour at a time 4 times a week.
I eat rice and vegies as my main meal........
I don't drink sugary things and refuse to eat anythign that would bring my sugars up.
Spiritlite.
Old 27-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Master
Spiritlite, you're pretty amazing ~ hey, we ALL are. Look at what we're doing. It's holiday time, time to eat, and in spite of it wer'e doing fantastic~committing to our health goals and putting it out there for the world to see, so we can't take it back so easily.

Actually I do better this time of year because I've always pretty much been a 'closet eater' ~ sooo bad of me~
Your words are gonna ring in my ears, "I refuse to eat anything that would bring my sugars up." Very admirable, spiritlite!

Old 28-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Master
Silver thankyou so much you're so sweet, nah I'm not amazing :) But yeah don't eat anything that bring your sugars up I've read many things that say your sugars go up you gain weight, also it's high risk for diabetes...which is a scary thing.
Remember people that if you loose only 10 pounds no matter your weight I've heard you cut your risk of heart attacks by up to 50 percent :)
And yeah with the holidays it's so hard, which is why I've not bought ANY eggnog only on xmas eve will I treat myself to a few cups of it.....usually by now I'm guzzling the stuff.
xoxo
Spiritlite.
Old 28-11-2010, 04:14 AM
Neeti_Shri

Thanks you guyz!!

UV yes,you're right,but since i didnt have any option i chose sweeteners,but now i feel scared hearing its a neurotoxin!

yes silvergal,same here,i altered all my clothing coz they were hanging off me,bought a pair of skinnier jeans,feeling great!

but the funny thing is,i hardly do any exercise,so i think if i can couple this kind of diet with exercise,i can lose much more.hope so...tc,lots of love to all of u,neets.