Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 22-07-2020, 12:24 PM
Master
How to work with your North Node.

I just got the Black Moon Astrology card and drew the North Node card to a question. It fits 100%.
So I know what the North Node stands for, but now, HOW do you work with it?
It's nice to know what it means, but then what?

My North Node is in Taurus, so how exactly can I benefit from my North Node? How does it work?
Old 22-07-2020, 09:46 PM
Master

Hey Fairycrystal

I come here not so much with answers but moreso questions.... Well kind of both actually.

I have read that the North node is one of the more challanging placements to work with. They call the South and North node placements the "Karma" and "Dharma" of our lives in some texts I have read. I remember I used to feel really restricted in my S.node energy for a while. It was like I was wearing the wrong sized shoes.

So your south node is in Scorpio then. I did a quick read, those placements are about balancing the spiritual (from scorpio S.node) with the material (Taurus N.node). I percieve you to already be embodying this quite well.
I first started to conciously work with my north node a few years ago and over time it sort of just became natural, though still an ongoing transformation.

Personally for me, it has been very similar to my work in therapy where I become aware of my unhelpful habits and beliefs and then immerse myself into the opposite experience to embody a new habit or belief.

So when I was conciously stepping into more aries energy, I was putting more focus on the traits I wanted to develop and gradually the librian energy which had me quite stuck in unhelpful people pleasing began to fall away.

How well aquainted are you with taurean energy? What taurean traits do you desire to embody?

It is quite interesting to me, your sun is in Leo right? My apologies if not.

I percieve your energy to give off a very distinctive taurean vibe already actually. You seem quite well grounded on and in the material plane and I percieve you as someone who is in touch with the physically sensing nature of an earth sign. So from.my perspective, I would say you are already nailing it!

North node is a funny buisiness! I would not be shocked if people picked up an aries vibe for me. I have always been a firecracker, it was more about embracing and not suppressing what my soul already knew it desired to express well.
Old 23-07-2020, 03:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
My North Node is in Taurus, so how exactly can I benefit from my North Node? How does it work?

You may want to check out Astrology for the Soul by Jan Spiller. This considers the North Node in each sign in depth.

Peace
Old 23-07-2020, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
You may want to check out Astrology for the Soul by Jan Spiller. This considers the North Node in each sign in depth.

Peace
Oh, no doubt there are books or info on websites on it. But there are people here who know quite a lot about astrology and I often find their views very hands-on :)
But thank you, I may check it out.
Old 23-07-2020, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Hey Fairycrystal

I come here not so much with answers but moreso questions.... Well kind of both actually.

I have read that the North node is one of the more challanging placements to work with.
Thank you! And funny you say I give off a distinctive Taurean vibe as I tend to not consider myself all that Taurean. Yes I am a Taurus, so you got that one right!
I do love nature, always have, and I do consider myself to be quite grounded and down to Earth overall.
But sometimes I feel my Rising Gemini has a major influence, and when it comes to love my Venus Aries.
As for the spiritual... I am very busy with that. I don't work so I have a lot of time for personal growth, spiritual growth and so on. My Moon is Pisces so it isn't too difficult.

Actually I think my biggest problem, if you can call it that, is letting go. Maybe that's the Scorpio S.Node rearing its head?
Old 23-07-2020, 09:13 AM
Master

I was not sure if you were Leo or Taurus but both energies came through. You seem self assured to me, giving me a sort of personal leadership vibe which I associate with Leo but that is a side note. That personal leadership energy is also pretty Taurean come to think of it, or a sort of quiet "self assurance". I have noticed that with other Taureans too.
I definitely get the taurean vibe though. In theory one could imagine having a sun in Taurus might be quite useful in helping you access the "dharma" of your north node.

I wonder, have you ever felt restricted by your south node?

I am asking because in the past I have felt the shadow side of Libra to he very restrictive for me in this life. The way I describe it is whenever I expressed the shadow side of Libra, I just felt extremely out of alignment, like I was in the wrong shoes.

I noticed that when I started moving more towards the aries energy that it was sort of like a pendulum swinging. At first, I totally rejected people pleasing for the sake of creating harmony and became almost solely focused on expressing my own needs and walking my own path before anything else.

Now, I am starting to sense some balance come in. I know and have been told that I have strong leadership qualities and it seems to me that as these energies balance more, I will be able to utilise the light aspects of both energies rather then feel bound up in the shadow aspects of Libra.

I wonder if there is a similar dynamic going on for others too?
A sort of "balancing of the scales".
Old 23-07-2020, 10:14 AM
Master
Wow, really interesting what you come up with!
Leadership... about 1-2 yrs ago I was doing inner child work and going back to when I was 'undamaged goods' to find out what my core energy & qualities are.
And I remembered things that made me realise I am a leader. I was gobsmacked, haha. So it's only recently that I'm aware of that. Does explain a lot though. For instance, I do not like subordinate positions like at work.

The Scorpio thing... I'm not too well acquainted with that. The weird thing is that Taurus & Scorpio are each other's nemisis. In general I don't get along with them, and that a deep grating thing. I have had 1 good Scorpio friend in the past, that's it.
There is always a strange almost tangible vibe between Taurus & Scorpio, very powerful attraction, also sexually with the other gender, yet at the same time wanting to be as far away from it as I can. A very powerful push-pull that is difficult to escape. It sux me in even if I don't want to.

Maybe there's something, as I've had this fear for years that held me back "they are stronger than me!". A deep seated fear, I think from past lives mostly, that is paralysing. So danged afraid to stand up tall and show my own power because I fear "they" are stronger than me. I don't know who they are.
But I've had that feeling with the few Scorpios I've know too. When it comes to spiritual, energetic powers Scorpio is THE master. I have had to go up against one at some point, my stepson. Took all I had yet the snotface was only 16ish at the time. Shocking.

So yes, there's tension between N and S Node I suppose. Probably on the inside too. I do know I can do a helluva lot more, that I am very powerful (Scorpio?), yet I don't step into that.
I know/ feel I can move mountains, energetically & spiritually. Yet... nothing is happening. Maybe I fear going there? Maybe I abused that in a past life?
Not sure.
EDIT: suddenly it hits me! If I go there, I will bump into negative energies. Dark, heavy, nasty energies. I've had to deal with those a few times before and I do not want to go there. I want to go to the Light, the Love. And yes, those dark, heavy things scare me. I know it can be totally draining to work with those. I don't want to.

This is really interesting!!
Thank you for the conversation! And sharing your own story as that helps bring in some perspective and context.
Old 23-07-2020, 11:08 AM
Master

Ah, I am glad my reflections have been useful. The conversation has helped me as well.

I know what you mean about scorpio energy. It influences my chart heavily. The thing is with scorpio, it is the master of transformation. It takes all dark shadows from personal and collective conciousness and it exposes it to the light.
It is an intense energy to work with and can be quite overwhelming and confronting if not understood.

Perhaps, given south node, karmically you learnt to master this Scorpionic transformational energy in your past lifetime and that the scorpio energy which you currently find somewhat offputting is your subconcious way of guiding you into the opposite experience for a while.

It seems to me that it is a bit of a pendulum swing this North Node, South Node buisiness.

Then astrology of the soul, can also be viewed as a "wheel" of progression. We take the lessons with us but are still always moving forward.

In the future, I will utilise the light atributes of Libra in conjunction with the trailblazer energy of aries. I view it as kind of having a tool box of experience which I can draw upon and alchemise in this physical experience.
Old 23-07-2020, 12:13 PM
Master
I love what you say concerning the S Node Scorpio and why / how it affects me now. Thank you!! It resonates. My Inner Being agrees with that.

The pendulum, you are probably right about that too. My astrology guide -which has very limited info on everything btw, very basic- said that if you aren't stable in your N. Node or fear going there you automatically fall back into the familiar routine of the S. Node.
So that'd mean that as long as you aren't solid in N. Node you do have the pendulum motion going on.
Very interesting, and I love how you phrased that :)

Funny how I never got into these Nodes, even though I know astrology is spot on and very helpful.
Thank you for helping out!
Old 23-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Master
Holy cow, I'm still looking into it in between things and I found a clip of a girl on the Taurus-Scorpio axis. Jaw-dropping!!! How she describes difficulty with making my own money, not having boundaries, the why of this... almost makes me cry. Why do I have to have such a chitty axis? Aren't there nice ones? Hihi.
It explains SO much!

This girl bases her stuff on the book mentioned by Iamthat, "Astrology for the Soul" by Jan Spiller.
Scaringly accurate for sure!!
This is the link to her vid, not for anyone to watch mine, but to find your own via it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUmqAjMgPYU

I also remembered having talked about the N-S Nodes on here before. I forgot. I'll search for it :)