Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-07-2020, 01:09 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian100
People don't go to psych wards for hearing voices. They go because they go nuts from hearing voices.

I didn't say anything about voices.There are a lot of other *conditions*.
Old 17-07-2020, 01:19 PM
hazada guess

Attempted suicide,(I've been there),depression, cutting yourself off from society, the list goes on. In other words,*society* doesn't know what to do with you so they shove you there.
Old 17-07-2020, 05:28 PM
lejonjus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
not that it matters right now but even when you have access there is too much bias... for example the first psychiatrist that examined me made up his mind as to what was wrong with me and then started interpreting the facts I gave him to fit. If he'd been a little more open minded he could have at least found something wrong with me that fit my situation better I suppose... but like I say that is all water under the bridge. Anyway all I really wanted to say is sometimes it is better just to shut up and admit you don't know.

Hey well referring to what was said here to blame spirituality for exasperations without knowing if they are on medications, doing recreational drugs or knowing their environment matters.

Wounds have their own time to heal and be processed. To generalize and blame spiritual activities for escapism... I don't think that's our place to assume.
Old 17-07-2020, 05:36 PM
lejonjus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
so if you see one psychiatrist and you don't get the answer you seek. ask for a second or third opinion. some are more open to spirit so will recognise that others wont.

Good advice. I know with certain treatments there is a sense of privilege to it based on what the person can afford. If it is covered and you do it once, they would rather have new patients that can benefit before letting you do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
And isn't that the sad truth of it??? Because even if someone does happen to have a condition, there's still nothing wrong with them. We are all human.

I love your perspective on things : ) there's a zoomed out quality to it. It's refreshing.
Old 17-07-2020, 08:27 PM
lejonjus

@Greenslade

Thank you I'm glad we talked about this, it gave me an opportunity to address similar recent occurrences. Sorry if my responses seemed a little tense. I had unresolved issues where too many assumptions were made about my situation without knowing the full picture. I might still be a little bitter about it lol because they didn't ask me personally. I think it's important to have conversations with each other before making assumptions on their life/situation.
Old 17-07-2020, 10:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejonjus
Hey well referring to what was said here to blame spirituality for exasperations without knowing if they are on medications, doing recreational drugs or knowing their environment matters.

Wounds have their own time to heal and be processed. To generalize and blame spiritual activities for escapism... I don't think that's our place to assume.

oh i'm all for 'spirituality' and not a fan of all this trying to make the things that go on just another round of social misfitism. Hence my response...
Old 19-07-2020, 12:31 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejonjus
Yes not enough sensible answers I agree. I'm glad you mentioned cognitive behavioral therapy and that you found it helpful. I've had experience with that and found it helpful towards mental health aswell.

For those who don't have access to therapy right now, hypnosis can be helpful too. There are hypnosis audios by Dr's for mental health patients that I also found helpful.

There we go we are stating helpful solutions. Awesome. That ontop of some yoga or grounding maybe connecting with nature *kisses hands* beautiful : )

You are right about using spirituality without addressing the core mental health issues. Reflecting on my response about utopian the concern was if we remove what's keeping him currently positive and balanced without adding anything... that will also cause an issue. Similar to what you shared about your journey..if I took out the meditations, grounding etc. I would go back into depression/anxiety/suicidal mode.

I found the hypnosis organically. The issue kept popping into my awareness until I found a solution that resonated. Spirit guided me to it. If I didn't have the connection to spirit I wouldn't of been lead to it.
The cognitive behaviour therapy 'dismantled' my perceptual reality and opened up a whole new clean slate of a reality, which I'm currently in the process of creating. I get to choose because I don't have the unconscious mental baggage. Yeah I still have the issues but they're not issues any more, they make Life interesting and now I have other perspectives I can see it from. Sometimes solutions aren't needed. Interestingly enough just after that my brother gave me a camera and I took to photography, and landscape photography has not only opened up a new territory for exploration but it's very spiritual in itself. And a fantastic way to connect with nature.

Science has found that schizophrenia and Spirituality come from the same areas of the brain, that's worth a think about in so many ways. It's been said that religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell and Spirituality is for those that have been there, and having been to hell usually comes with its own mental health issues. So there's your connection to higher self and chakras taken care of, as well as psychic abilities and intuition.

One of the difficulties with hearing voices and intuition/mediumship is the source of the voices. Sometimes they come from the mental health issue and sometimes they might come from Spirit, but it takes knowing to understand which is which. Sometimes people hear the voices of their issues and try to make out it's clairvoyance, but they don't have any clear understanding of what they're talking about. Sometimes it's plain denial. When the voices become malevolent and the person calls it the voice of their Higher Self......

There is no clear understanding of the links between mental health and Spirituality, and it's certainly not going to happen in a Spiritual forum because people gain kudos for their mental health issues being - in their state of denial - advanced Spirituality. It's easier to escape into the Disneyland of Spirituality than it is to admit to being a headcase.
Old 19-07-2020, 01:15 PM
lejonjus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The cognitive behaviour therapy 'dismantled' my perceptual reality and opened up a whole new clean slate of a reality, which I'm currently in the process of creating. I get to choose because I don't have the unconscious mental baggage. Yeah I still have the issues but they're not issues any more, they make Life interesting and now I have other perspectives I can see it from. Sometimes solutions aren't needed. Interestingly enough just after that my brother gave me a camera and I took to photography, and landscape photography has not only opened up a new territory for exploration but it's very spiritual in itself. And a fantastic way to connect with nature.

Science has found that schizophrenia and Spirituality come from the same areas of the brain, that's worth a think about in so many ways. It's been said that religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell and Spirituality is for those that have been there, and having been to hell usually comes with its own mental health issues. So there's your connection to higher self and chakras taken care of, as well as psychic abilities and intuition.

One of the difficulties with hearing voices and intuition/mediumship is the source of the voices. Sometimes they come from the mental health issue and sometimes they might come from Spirit, but it takes knowing to understand which is which. Sometimes people hear the voices of their issues and try to make out it's clairvoyance, but they don't have any clear understanding of what they're talking about. Sometimes it's plain denial. When the voices become malevolent and the person calls it the voice of their Higher Self......

There is no clear understanding of the links between mental health and Spirituality, and it's certainly not going to happen in a Spiritual forum because people gain kudos for their mental health issues being - in their state of denial - advanced Spirituality. It's easier to escape into the Disneyland of Spirituality than it is to admit to being a headcase.

Well said. I agree with you. There is a lot of great observations here.

To give perspective just like you went about the process on your own they have to do it aswell.

You can show what has worked for you in creating a thread specifically on solutions.

I've met many who already incorporate psychology with their spirituality. From my experience with delving into psychology it would be ideal to have an approach that blends metaphysics into it. Psychology on its own has it's madening aspects that can cause imbalances. If you look at the psychology channels that focus on personality traits there is a lot of witch hunting involved where they don't see hope in recovery. Perpetuating gossip with no solution other than protection awareness. You can look at the comments and see. It's in the frame of negative focus which I believe to be a past timeline. So what the metaphysics adds is the bigger picture and without that it can be maddening.

Where as the alternatives that mix psychology and metaphysics do have ways of treatment, is positive and empowering for all.

*edit was multitasking lol*

Last edited by lejonjus : 19-07-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:10 PM
Ascender
I heard the laughing Buddha

Laughing

there was no mistaking it ~ it was the Buddha
Old 13-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
I heard the laughing Buddha

Laughing

there was no mistaking it ~ it was the Buddha
Or one of your Spirit Guides just shape-shifting to make sure you would take his/her 'message' to heart.

I imagine 'the Buddha' has a lot of other things 'on his/her plate'.