Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-07-2020, 08:23 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianpast_1904
Hi there the demi! I totally, 100% agree with you! I'm still dealing with past trauma, and it's not an easy thing but I'm dealing with it. Thanks for bringing this up! Yes, it is a major challenge to find and disarm them. It definitely is.

Any chance you can share your method of cleaning past-life traumas?
Old 16-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_demi
Any chance you can share your method of cleaning past-life traumas?

The demi, sure! Also good morning! It's early here (6:54 a.m.)

Well, for me it was reconnecting with the individual whom I shared the karma with. It wasn't easy and it caused the break-up of my girl-friend and I. (Thankfully, she and I have reunited and despite the current, global situation we keep in touch regularly) This mutual friend and I had ages of karma. I fell back in love with him when I reconnected with him. Hard. It was... a lot to contend with and take in. I was overwhelmed by deep-seated emotions, old feelings (ancient) and other overwhelming things like hurt, betrayal and other such feelings. A scorned lover if you will. But there was so much more to it.

He and I had either a romantic relationship, a business partnership, there was a life-time where he was a client of mine and he was very well-connected to many people. And, I think in that life-time, he and I had a on-the-side romance even though he was much older than me. He was powerful and I was a artist and he liked me and got me notoriety. I was very egotistical during that particular life-time. But the one where it all started was much further back. Ancient times (Rome) and again, he was very popular and he was the Emperor of Rome (Caligula). I don't just throw that name around for you know "Oh my gosh, I knew Caligula!" No, I mean he was. My feelings at the time and my recollections, vivid... violent flashbacks. Lots of fighting between us, lots of intimate moments shared. Then my death. I tried to start a coup to get him off the throne. I tried to become Emperor - well that started a chain reaction of karma that for many of my past lives (at least the ones I know of) repeated the same thing over and over. I never got to my full potential - be it heir to the throne, and inheriting the title of my father (king, emperor, etc), never being recognised as a true artist, etc, etc.

So there was a lot of karma. And in the simplest terms, I just forgave him. He must have long ago forgiven me. It took me (surprisingly) a short amount of time to do that. Forgiveness is one thing that is the hardest for me to do. It was hard but also incredibly freeing and eye-opening. It felt like a heavy burden was lifted off me. I also forgave myself for what I did to start the karmic pattern we both had shared. So it's really hard to tell people what to really do. One way of cleaning up/healing from karma doesn't work for everyone - there are so many ideas for healing from it.

Anyways, if this helps at all let me know! I hope it does and if it doesn't, I hope you find your own way with healing karma ^_^.
Old 19-07-2020, 08:59 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian100
Did your parents teach you this stuff?, b/c mine didn't and I don't be thinking I had lived before this life. When I read this stuff I can't help but feel you guys are living in a fantasy world with these beliefs.

Brian100, hey there.

I find it interesting to say you feel people who believe in past lives/reincarnation are living in a fantasy world. I think you are passing judgement when you don't understand something. People can say the same thing about religion and God. That those who believe in Christianity or Hinduism, Taoism, etc are believing in a fantasy world. Just be mindful of others feelings okay? We can all get along here and one thing we should all do is respect one another. ^_^
Old 19-07-2020, 09:22 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Brian100, hey there.

I find it interesting to say you feel people who believe in past lives/reincarnation are living in a fantasy world. I think you are passing judgement when you don't understand something. People can say the same thing about religion and God. That those who believe in Christianity or Hinduism, Taoism, etc are believing in a fantasy world. Just be mindful of others feelings okay? We can all get along here and one thing we should all do is respect one another. ^_^

Well I looked at the Shroud of Turin and saw scientific proof for my religion. But absolute nothing for living a bunch of past lives. To me it sounds more like the power of suggestion when it comes to reincarnation.
Old 20-07-2020, 12:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Well I looked at the Shroud of Turin and saw scientific proof for my religion. But absolute nothing for living a bunch of past lives. To me it sounds more like the power of suggestion when it comes to reincarnation.

from my understanding books in the bible used to talk about the whole multi-lives thing... until the clergy cut those passages on the theory that if people believed they would come back after being killed it wouldn't be as easy to control them.

but believe what you want as you seem to be doing well with what you've got...
Old 20-07-2020, 03:19 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I havn't found any proof that I lived before this life. And I look at people who say 'they did' had another life before very suspiciously and say they have been ===dreaming too much. Or doing too much zen smokie smokie.

Brian100, to be fair not everyone remembers they lived before. To be perfectly honest, it's a lot of burden. a lot of everything. But it's also a blessing, because there are lessons that you learn with each life-time you have. It's fine to have your opinions and such, but remember to respect others.

Also, this is causing the thread that Cheyenne20 started to veer off topic. We need to respect her thread and what it's about, as well as, respect one another. ^_^
Old 21-07-2020, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
from my understanding books in the bible used to talk about the whole multi-lives thing... until the clergy cut those passages on the theory that if people believed they would come back after being killed it wouldn't be as easy to control them.

but believe what you want as you seem to be doing well with what you've got...
That's just a conspiracy. There's no evidence that the church founders erased passages of reincarnation.
It was already an established Christian belief in the 1st century that Jesus gave people ''salvation'', and not any cycle of reincarnation.

There are a few quotes here and there in the Bible that can be interpreted ((if we are very lenient in our judgement)) as reincarnation but overall the theme of the Bible doesn't really support reincarnation. If it did it would have been obvious and beyond doubt, one would not hide such a big part of a religion if it was there. It would turn Christianity into something very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne20
We have many past lives in different places and countries.
But if we are so drawn to a certain culture, does it mean this certain past life is significant and important to you in this life?

I don't think so. I believe we are drawn to certain cultures because of experiences in childhood and teen years. This forms us, creates a pleasant feeling at a time you were looked after. I happen to like Italy for a number of reasons, one of them being I went there on holidays. I'm also drawn to Japan, thanks to all the pop culture I consumed as a teen ((games, anime/manga)). I don't have any past life memories.
Old 21-07-2020, 01:51 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
That's just a conspiracy. There's no evidence that the church founders erased passages of reincarnation.
It was already an established Christian belief in the 1st century that Jesus gave people ''salvation'', and not any cycle of reincarnation.

There are a few quotes here and there in the Bible that can be interpreted ((if we are very lenient in our judgement)) as reincarnation but overall the theme of the Bible doesn't really support reincarnation. If it did it would have been obvious and beyond doubt, one would not hide such a big part of a religion if it was there. It would turn Christianity into something very different.

I don't think so. I believe we are drawn to certain cultures because of experiences in childhood and teen years. This forms us, creates a pleasant feeling at a time you were looked after. I happen to like Italy for a number of reasons, one of them being I went there on holidays. I'm also drawn to Japan, thanks to all the pop culture I consumed as a teen ((games, anime/manga)). I don't have any past life memories.

Altair,see the video,s about reincarnation in the following set of video's then make your mind up.http://www.lifeexplained.com/
Old 22-07-2020, 02:19 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
... I believe we are drawn to certain cultures because of experiences in childhood and teen years. This forms us, creates a pleasant feeling at a time you were looked after. I happen to like Italy for a number of reasons, one of them being I went there on holidays. I'm also drawn to Japan, thanks to all the pop culture I consumed as a teen ((games, anime/manga)). I don't have any past life memories.

Altair, hello there ^_^

I can agree that we can be drawn to certain cultures because of experiences in childhood and teen years definitely. I'm a foodie so most of my childhood and teenage years do revolve around tasting food and learning to cook, etc. However, I've never set foot in Italy, England (well if you count that time I was on lay over at Heathrow in London), Scotland, Ireland, Russia, France, etc. I have a strong affinity for those particular countries, especially Russia, France and Scotland. I love Slavic cuisine and yes I had it when I was a teenager but I wasn't introduced ever to Russian culture. I get goosebumps when I see photographs of certain buildings which in my current life, I've never been to. The same happens with musical instruments I've never played. Old newsreel footage, paintings/sketches, objet d'art, etc.

As to not having past life memories, that doesn't mean it isn't real. For some, past lives is a hard pill to swallow. It means that a largely cemented, secularised religion (like Christianity for example) isn't exactly clear-cut as it is supposed to be. Or "should be." For some people, remembering a past life isn't a priority and maybe it is because it's blocked out or isn't important right now. I know I don't know everything there is to know about past lives/reincarnation - but I do know that I have memories, of several life-times and I've reunited with individuals from those life times as well. So I know there's more than just "it's not a real thing." I do want to say that I'm not trying to argue, but there is a lot more than meets the eye.
Old 22-07-2020, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
As to not having past life memories, that doesn't mean it isn't real.

Sure. I'm not saying it isn't real, just that I have no such memories so as far as I'm concerned I have no past lives.