Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Certain past life being important to you in this life

We have many past lives in different places and countries.
But if we are so drawn to a certain culture, does it mean this certain past life is significant and important to you in this life?
Old 06-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Master

Very possibly. And it need not be a particular culture - it could also manifest as a certain period in history which we feel an affinity with.

In a spiritual context, we might assume that many Westerners nowadays who are drawn to particular Eastern traditions will have some past-life connection to such traditions. It might be Buddhism in Tibet, Yoga in India, Taoism in China, Zen in Japan, or the Native American traditions. There is something about such practices which feels familiar and comfortable.

This does not mean that we reject everything about our present cultural environment. If we are in a Western body then that suggests we have things to learn within the Western culture. We are each where we are meant to be. The Soul, or consciousness, does not identify with any particular culture - it all provides opportunities for experience.

Peace
Old 15-06-2020, 08:11 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne20
But if we are so drawn to a certain culture, does it mean this certain past life is significant and important to you in this life?
hi, to me I have come to the conclusion, for now at least, that my two past life left things unfinished, how I died for one thing, in both of them. Without my planning it I was to go back to the places where my past life self had lived. Too without my plan at all I was once contacted through work first on line by my past life child which could very well age wise have been my parent. I was shock when I realize the name (I had figure my past life identity before including the name of her children, I have had memories of that life by then for a lot of years before). Then at another time one of my then past life ex husband's people who worked for him made contact with me and sent a message from him. I was especially nervous if I was to meet them in person afraid they would either see through me, think I was crazy and acting like the ex wife or mom, or that I would start to cry or something as I have had so many memories of them. I still can't figure out why the universe somehow crossed our ways again. All I think of why it could be is the how I died is the key then and was the pull to the locations where I use to live and to why I came in contact with them. When I think of it I think it mattered to me because then I could tell years had gone by. It must have brought me peace in some way. They had devote charity work to children, teenagers and another to women who were poor and, or living through abuse, violence, homeless. Think it was important to my spirit to see that. In a way I had not then or the child, suffered in vain (the ex husband had tried to protect me from the cruelty another man had caused in that life, to the child too. The ex husband had changed a lot, for the better.)

For me when things are finished they naturally leave me and so I then don't have the longing and so on. For instance in a regression I said the year was 1827 and I lived in Canada. I experience I was a female who was a sign to a man in a home. I remember the bowls we ate from, soup, when he ask me if I was contempt there and I said I was and the understanding was that if I was not that I could always tell "them" that and I would then be aborted from my assignment to this man and be taken back to "them" or be perhaps somewhere else. The man had prepared a room for me. It came to me that he had lost a female member, but I think it was a mother, not a wife. And I think I was to stay in his mother's room. It did not feel as if there was something unfinished about that life - only the explanation to why when I had met him again why we were like we were. I know little of Canada and I can't say this life has left me with a longing :)
Old 26-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Master

The one lifetime that has influenced me the most was when I was a Nordic warrior. I say that because in that incarnation I was strong and forceful. That stubborn tenacity has seen me through some really tough times in this lifetime.

That incarnation it was also the turning point when "living my life" became second and I started looking for more meaning in spiritual matters.
Old 27-06-2020, 07:17 AM
hazada guess

You know all, this thread gives me much comfort. Although this life of mine at the moment has been a complete whitewash, everything i shouldn't have done, I've done,lol. But I love life on the whole and it gives me much comfort that I can come back and try again. Its a bit late now as I'm 58 but at least in my mind,I know that I'll have a second chance.
Old 27-06-2020, 05:31 PM
Master

Lol, and a third and a fourth.

I interpret our mistakes as points of learning. Until we make mistakes, we don't know how we feel about that topic.

So instead of cringing at my mistakes, I celebrate that I learned from them. Thus one step closer to my spiritual goals (whatever they were when I incarnated )
Old 14-07-2020, 03:54 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne20

All my (sentient) life, I was afraid of big objects and terrified of open ocean.
All my (adult), life I was fascinated by maritime history and especially world war 2. Alongside the maritime angle, all about WW2 and Nazi Germany. So, 30+ years of books, reading, pondering.
Last year I was shown my death, confirmed by a shaman.

I was an officer on a German merchant marine ship (yeah yeah, I checked several times - no nazis - different uniforms).
Boat got a torpedo in a convoy.
Have flashes of me with 4 officers on the bridge, looking at maps. Then, the next image has also sound: i am underwater, looking up, and see/hear/feel the screws of surviving ships as they sail by. I look around and see some of my crew and from other ships, all drowning.

So, fear of oceans, fear of big things above me and fascination with WW2 and maritime history... solved. Kinda dont need the books anymore, hehe.

I am now, occasionally, penetrating the life of the young man that... was not me. Fascinating life in inter-war Germany. The challenge before me: identify which of his traumas affect me, 80 years later.

Weirdly, the same shaman informed me that I had a previous-previous life with a similar death at sea. Some early era oceanographc researcher. And bang, there goes another of my childhood (this incarnation) ambitions - wanted to study Marine biology or Marine engineering.

Last edited by Demy : 14-07-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old 14-07-2020, 11:21 PM
Pathfinder

Hi there Cheyenne20! ^_^

I definitely believe that if a particular era/period in History effects you to such an extent, and that that past life is very prominent within your life today, there's definitely a reason for it. I think it has to do with healing karmic patterns (healing in general) and also there are lessons that need to be learned for your continued journey in the great mystery we call Life.
Old 15-07-2020, 09:30 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianpast_1904
I definitely believe that if a particular era/period in History effects you to such an extent, and that that past life is very prominent within your life today, there's definitely a reason for it. I think it has to do with healing karmic patterns (healing in general) and also there are lessons that need to be learned for your continued journey in the great mystery we call Life.

I would argue that past traumas, that we carry with/within us, are also very important. A major challenge to find and disarm them, so your current life is not affected.
Old 15-07-2020, 01:12 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_demi
I would argue that past traumas, that we carry with/within us, are also very important. A major challenge to find and disarm them, so your current life is not affected.

Hi there the demi! I totally, 100% agree with you! I'm still dealing with past trauma, and it's not an easy thing but I'm dealing with it. Thanks for bringing this up! Yes, it is a major challenge to find and disarm them. It definitely is.