Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 13-07-2020, 07:27 PM
Experiencer

We habitually compare and contrast our concept of ourselves with our concept of the "other". A fictional person regards another fictional person -- this not only happens in cyberspace, but face to face too. Things typically complicate from here, short and long-term causes and effects alternate and cascade. Values and biases develop, based upon myriad conditioning factors modifying themselves ceaselessly. In this psycho-physical realm, they appear to amount to an actual person, but that would be a weak-sighted assumption. Go further, focus the lens of perception without interpretation, because even though the plot may thicken, the implications are already clear -- they're a big glowing neon sign hung across the conceptual freeway we're collectively driving down at dusk, texting hands-free into the oncoming night.
Old 13-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
We habitually compare and contrast our concept of ourselves with our concept of the "other". A fictional person regards another fictional person -- this not only happens in cyberspace, but face to face too. Things typically complicate from here, short and long-term causes and effects alternate and cascade. Values and biases develop, based upon myriad conditioning factors modifying themselves ceaselessly. In this psycho-physical realm, they appear to amount to an actual person, but that would be a weak-sighted assumption. Go further, focus the lens of perception without interpretation, because even though the plot may thicken, the implications are already clear -- they're a big glowing neon sign hung across the conceptual freeway we're collectively driving down at dusk, texting hands-free into the oncoming night.

I think you're getting somewhere there. I agree, and it is worse online because there's no facial cues. We develop an 'image' and an 'idea' about another person based on just words. Face-to-face it is much better, yet still we can never truly understand someone else, IMO. With close family and good friends we can get close but even then it is never 100%.
Old 14-07-2020, 04:50 PM
Master

Can we get back on the topic which is the meaning of life.

Last edited by lemex : 15-07-2020 at 01:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:37 PM
Knower
To evolve, to learn, to grow, to move towards the whole.
Old 13-08-2020, 04:24 AM
Administrator
Hello

What is the meaning of life....death and re birth that cycle of the physical and the spiritual beings coming in and out in different energy forms. There is no life and there is no death its a cycle of energy that ebbs and flows like the ocean tides. The tide comes in and the tide goes out.

I see the meaning of life much like the tides. That in and out flow. Never ending unless the Universe ceases to be.

Lynn
Old 05-03-2022, 05:51 PM
Guide

For me there can be no meaning to life whatsoever, how could there be? To me life is eternal, we are all unborn beings presented within a physical body vehicle behind the vehicle lies that of unborn spirit, there life is meaningless it just "IS" and eternal constant.

regards michael.
Old 05-03-2022, 06:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael K.
For me there can be no meaning to life whatsoever, how could there be? To me life is eternal, we are all unborn beings presented within a physical body vehicle behind the vehicle lies that of unborn spirit, there life is meaningless it just "IS" and eternal constant.
It could be argued that between the unborn Spirit and the physical vehicle there is the intermediary of Consciousness, expressing through not just the physical vehicle but various other vehicles (emotional, mental, Buddhic, etc.).

Thus the meaning of life in the microcosm is the evolution of Consciousness which seeks expression through ever more developing forms.

And in the macrocosm the entire universe is an expression of CONSCIOUSNESS which seeks expression through ever more developing forms to manifest the Divine Plan.

As above, so below. Everything is a work in progress.

Peace
Old 05-03-2022, 07:31 PM
Ascender

Has anybody said "42" yet?
Old 05-03-2022, 09:52 PM
Master
To teleport.. I know it’s in my blood- I have jumped about 30 times and at least 10 times from abroad back to the uk—- time continuums—- light in hands,feet, revolving around the self, shadowing your former avartas- the silence is deafening.. fell in love with the streets/ these sweet baby’s hold the greater to life-

After that: there is happiness- desires, god, spirituality- family and soulmates and twin flames…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 06-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It could be argued that between the unborn Spirit and the physical vehicle there is the intermediary of Consciousness, expressing through not just the physical vehicle but various other vehicles (emotional, mental, Buddhic, etc.).
Thus the meaning of life in the microcosm is the evolution of Consciousness which seeks expression through ever more developing forms.
Well said, That.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 07-03-2022 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Closed Thread