Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 19-05-2017, 05:08 AM
Seeker

Attempting to Hide the Jinx of the 13.

A lady recently visited me who was very pregnant and I told her that my daughter recently gave birth to her daughter. The birth occurred on the 12th, which was a bit of a relief as the following day was a Friday the 13th .A day which does not really have a good omen. She said to me that the daughter standing beside her was a 14th baby. Interestingly though, too many in my family have been born on the 12th and I'm sure that at least one of them was born on the 13th and the fact was covered over by calling it the 12th, something that would have been quite easy to do years ago. I even know someone who this happened to. This means that the possible jinx of the 13th has been superficially covered over making it potentially more treacherous. My daughter gave birth in January, so her daughter was a 12/1 a sort of 13. In fact, I have written a short story about all the number 12's in the family, that is even before the addition of this recent birth. If anyone is interested, I can supply the story or even post it below. It is called, "The Family Jinx".
Old 19-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeplanter
too many in my family have been born on the 12th
Given the law of averages and the fact you'd have a similar number born on all the other days of the month, that's a LOT of family members! So your theory is parents attempt to hide and cover up the day their children are born. Does this include the hospitals -- doctors and nurses fudging the birth records (which I can't imagine they would care about let alone could get away with) -- or just the parents not telling their kids their correct DOB?
Old 19-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Seeker

The oldest date to do with the 12th in my story is 1899 but the date that I believe was fudged was 1918. I believe that these would have both been home births and I'm postulating that the doctor or nurse said to the mother, would you like me to write the 13th with its negative implications or I can easily just write the 12th and all are happy and unburdened. The date I know was fudged was in 1942. The son was brought up thinking he was born on the 12th but when he was in his 30's he actually applied for his birth certificate It wasn't needed so much in those days and when he received it, it indicated the 13th. He then asked his mother what was going on, and she said so I was told, "she thought it was best". In my family, I believe that the jinx of the 13th was covered up making it more dangerous and even now, I'm in a way suffering the consequences from it.
Old 19-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm in a way suffering the consequences from it.
Suffering how so?
Old 19-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Seeker

Maybe Not so much Suffered but More Consequences.

To greatly simplify the story, my father was a miser, one who loved money more than anything else not for what it could do but for the figure of the money in the bank and all this passed under the cover of being a good Christian. This materialistic greed has been passed on to my sister who has in effect defrauded me of a large part of my inheritance. This is a fact but I'm not complaining too much because I have lead a most charmed, meaningful and frugal life and if it is tainted money, well, I'm happy to do with out it. We all know, money is not the answer.
Old 19-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
I have lead a most charmed, meaningful and frugal life and if it is tainted money, well, I'm happy to do with out it. We all know, money is not the answer.
That sounds positive. You mentioned suffering, but it sounds like you mean more, "Life could have been happier for my family if..." We all have those stories I'd say. My brother's wife sounds like your father, and twenty-five years later his health and life has been destroyed by her miserly greed for (his hard-earned) money.

But what does all of that have to do with 13? You didn't specify.
Old 19-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Seeker

I believe that my father was a 13th that was covered over to make an honorable 12th. Money can give great joy but it is not joy itself. Money if used as a substitute for learning about higher things, can cause great harm. Integrity is a saving grace.
Old 19-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Suspended
Hmm. What's so bad about being born on the 13th? I was born on a 12th at almost midnight. 5 till midnight.
Old 19-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
I believe that my father was a 13th that was covered over to make an honorable 12th. Integrity is a saving grace.
Integrity and taking moral responsibility is about the only truth and life activity that matters. Because it's real, and authentic, and has a real and meaningful effect on one's life and others' lives.

Whereas religious tenets and spiritual beliefs are really little more than intellectual concepts that disconnect one from the very real day-to-day experience of living an authentic, truthful existence. And I'd say the same goes for superstitions like the number 13, and Friday the 13th. Belief in superstitions is an inauthentic and untruthful way of relating to life. How is it then you recognize so deeply the truth and authenticity of integrity, but cannot see the illusion that is superstition?
Old 19-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
A lady recently visited me who was very pregnant and I told her that my daughter recently gave birth to her daughter. The birth occurred on the 12th, which was a bit of a relief as the following day was a Friday the 13th .A day which does not really have a good omen. She said to me that the daughter standing beside her was a 14th baby. Interestingly though, too many in my family have been born on the 12th and I'm sure that at least one of them was born on the 13th and the fact was covered over by calling it the 12th, something that would have been quite easy to do years ago. I even know someone who this happened to. This means that the possible jinx of the 13th has been superficially covered over making it potentially more treacherous. My daughter gave birth in January, so her daughter was a 12/1 a sort of 13. In fact, I have written a short story about all the number 12's in the family, that is even before the addition of this recent birth. If anyone is interested, I can supply the story or even post it below. It is called, "The Family Jinx".

My Daughter was born on Friday 13th and believe me it is not a jinx, she has had a blessed life up to now and if in the future her way of life changes then it has nothing to do with a jinx, it's just life doing whaf life does.....changes.