Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 11-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
maybe "God" expresses Selfhood in infinite ways and human social constructs such as "good" and "bad" are merely incidental.
Can you please elaborate a bit money on your statement? Why good and bad are incidental?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music
But i do have a query here. If bad in the world is all because of the disassociation happening with the soul, why GOD inside him is letting it happen. Why can't he stop them doing that. Why to encourage bad and punish later??

First of all, God doesn't punish. That's a human idea.

As I see it, we are created with free will, so we may develop ourselves in a wide variety of ways.

There's a great deal to learn from our mistakes, including the mistake of forgetting our divine nature... and in that growth we may become wiser and more compassionate.

Xan

Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 AM
SpiritualBee

Why Does the Law of Karma not act immediately?

Quote:
Excellent..!! Fair enough..I totally got convinced with your reply. Thanks alot.
But i do have a query here. If bad in the world is all because of the disassociation happening with the soul, why GOD inside him is letting it happen. Why can't he stop them doing that. Why to encourage bad and punish later??

You raise an extremely valid question. It is true that there is much madness in this world, and so if God is within each of us why doesnt He do something about it?

I think the answer to this lies in the fact that we often expect God to be a dictatorial force that should intervene when things go wrong. But imagine if God were to intervene immediately in all our problems. Then there would be NO GROWTH in this world.

We would all stagnate at the same point that we are. In all our actions we would fear divine retribution and so we will not be able to move forward and make any decisions. We would become lazy and not put in our own efforts because we would try to invoke God's help in everything.

This is very similar to parenting. We help our children only up to a point. If you don't let them make their own decisions and solve their own problems then you spoil the child.

God too is like a loving parent. He has given us free will to take our own decisions. It is our choice whether we want to move towards Goodness (by revealing more of the qualities of our soul) or towards darkness.

However along with this free will, in order to prevent the good from getting demoralized He has instituted justice in the world, through the law of Karma. The law of Karma does not necessarily act immediately because God wants to give us time to amend our mistakes. That way we have room to grow up spiritually and not live in fear of immediate retritbution.

The way life works is that we learn the most from the things we do WRONG. Those lessons are always the most valuable and ones we do not forget.

Thus each Soul is on its own journey to discovering its true self. Some of us may be further along (in certain aspects) than others, some might be a little behind. The world is a mixture of people at different stages of this spiritual evolution. That is why we see some people who do very good acts and some who do bad deeds.

Wherever there is Goodness it is only due to the power of the soul i.e. the power of God being more manifest. So God is helping humanity through the good people who are present to show the way forward to those that are a little behind.

However crazy and cruel this world is it has a role to play in our spiritual evolution. That is the only reason why we all are here.

Here is a great article that examines the Law of Karma in more detail.

And here is one of my favorite quotes about "Why Does God Not Do Something to Help this Crazy World?
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 AM
SpiritualBee

Why Does the Law of Karma not act immediately?

Quote:
Excellent..!! Fair enough..I totally got convinced with your reply. Thanks alot.

You raise an extremely valid question. It is true that there is much madness in this world, and so if God is within each of us why doesnt He do something about it?

I think the answer to this lies in the fact that we often expect God to be a dictatorial force that should intervene when things go wrong. But imagine if God were to intervene immediately in all our problems.

Then there would be NO GROWTH in this world.

We would all stagnate at the same point that we are. In all our actions we would fear divine retribution and so we will not be able to move forward and make any decisions. We would become lazy and not put in our own efforts because we would try to invoke God's help in everything.

This is very similar to parenting. We help our children only up to a point. If you don't let them make their own decisions and solve their own problems then you spoil the child.

God too is like a loving parent. He has given us free will to take our own decisions. It is our choice whether we want to move towards Goodness (by revealing more of the qualities of our soul) or towards darkness.

However along with this free will, in order to prevent the good from getting demoralized He has instituted justice in the world, through the law of Karma. The law of Karma does not necessarily act immediately because God wants to give us time to amend our mistakes. That way we have room to grow up spiritually and not live in fear of immediate retritbution.

The way life works is that we learn the most from the things we do WRONG. Those lessons are always the most valuable and ones we do not forget.

Thus each Soul is on its own journey to discovering its true self. Some of us may be further along than others, some might be a little behind. The world is a mixture of people at different stages of this spiritual evolution. That is why we see some people who do very good acts and some who do bad deeds.

Wherever there is Goodness it is only due to the power of the soul i.e. the power of God being more manifest. So God is helping humanity through the good people who are present to show the way forward to those that are a little behind.

However crazy and cruel this world is - it has a role to play in our spiritual evolution. That is the only reason why we all are here.

Here is a great article that examines the Law of Karma in more detail.
http://guidingthoughts.blogspot.in/2...-bad.html#more

And here is one of my favorite quotes about "Why Does God Not Do Something to Help this Crazy World?
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBee
I think the answer to this lies in the fact that we often expect God to be a dictatorial force that should intervene when things go wrong. But imagine if God were to intervene immediately in all our problems.

Then there would be NO GROWTH in this world.

My concern is not about seeking help. It all about the execution of script. What i believe is each and every soul when it is associated with a body has a commitment to execute the script in this world. The loop back point for this might be the karmic balance a living being has.

So my point is why few scripts are good and few are bad? I don't think we have a choice here. If you are written to be good then only you will be good. If you are written to be bad you will be bad. Of course i may be wrong here!

Struggling and winning in a good race is acceptable without seeking someone's help. But why few people should face struggle for doing good and few people may not face struggle while doing bad?

It's a kind of confusion i had when i think deep about this topic.

If i think still ahead, i will ask why a soul should enter the body and leave it again? What was the reason behind the show? Why cant it be as a pure spiritual conscious soul through out the time of its existence?

Several strange thoughts keeps striking me sometimes..:)
Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Sybilline

Human, dog, cactus, water... I think we all have consciousness.

And it's not necessarily within; I don't think it can be located, because then that would mean it can be contained... measured... bound... Then that would mean it's physical to a certain extent.

"Struggling and winning in a good race is acceptable without seeking someone's help. But why few people should face struggle for doing good and few people may not face struggle while doing bad?"

I think people also struggle to "do bad". There really is no good and bad, in my opinion. So if it's tough, it's tough, whether good or bad is irrelevant; one thought/action simply leads to the other.

"why a soul should enter the body and leave it again? What was the reason behind the show? Why cant it be as a pure spiritual conscious soul through out the time of its existence?"

I think it's because Pure Spiritual Consciousness was just that ----- Pure Spiritual Consciousness. It cannot be anything else. It cannot be anything less than perfect. And in that state, it couldn't understand perfection, because perfection was all that there ever was.

As a spiritual writer wrote, it is but "a candle in the sun". How does it experience itself, when there was no way to distinguish it from the rest?

And so it chose to be what it is not...

To understand what it is...

Well... These are just my thoughts about it...
Old 12-10-2012, 05:01 AM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
My concern is not about seeking help. It all about the execution of script. What i believe is each and every soul when it is associated with a body has a commitment to execute the script in this world. The loop back point for this might be the karmic balance a living being has.

So my point is why few scripts are good and few are bad? I don't think we have a choice here. If you are written to be good then only you will be good. If you are written to be bad you will be bad. Of course i may be wrong here!

Struggling and winning in a good race is acceptable without seeking someone's help. But why few people should face struggle for doing good and few people may not face struggle while doing bad?

It's a kind of confusion i had when i think deep about this topic.

If i think still ahead, i will ask why a soul should enter the body and leave it again? What was the reason behind the show? Why cant it be as a pure spiritual conscious soul through out the time of its existence?

Several strange thoughts keeps striking me sometimes..:)

Hi There!

Your questions are those that many thinkers have pondered over, so they are not strange at all.

To your question about script - The whole of your life is NOT “scripted”. Some percentage of our life is “scripted” based on Karmic laws - the lessons we have to learn, but Life as a whole is not scripted because we always have free will.

However it is never scripted that you do bad Acts. That is not the case at all. Neither is it scripted that you will do good actions. Good and bad actions at all times are CHOICES we make.

I will give you an example:

Let us say you murder someone in this life. This leaves his children helpless. Then in your next life you may be born as someone who loses their parent to illness early on, in order to feel and identify with the loss you caused. (This is just an example and it does not mean that everyone who has lost their parents has done something bad in their last life, they could have lost their parents due to chance itself).

The goal is that no matter what situation we find ourselves in, whether it is due to chance, or past karma, or because of choices other people made, or reasons beyond our control - No matter what - we should ALWAYS look at the situation as a process for Soul Growth, for developing ourselves spiritually.

It is our CHOICE – how we respond.

We can choose to respond positively (by doing good,) OR on account of some weakness we may take a bad situation negatively (and do bad acts).

Know that 99.9% of us can never tell whether a situation is because of past Karma, so it is better to keep a positive attitude and not become fatalistic, thinking that because we are in a bad situation, it is our fate. More often than not tough situations are the harbingers of great deeds in this world.

It is also up to us how fast or quickly we learn our lessons and evolve from a "lower plane of consciousness" to the higher (Universal) plane of consciousness. The speed of the process is entirely up to us.

As to why the soul forgets that it the Universal Consciousness to begin with and gets lost in the world of matter - How this happens is not yet known, Vedanta says at the present time we do not know. Maybe in the future we may find out the answer.

To another part of your question: "being good" is ALWAYS more difficult, than "being bad". We have to struggle to overcome our brute animal nature (which comes naturally and easily to us) and bring forth our divine nature.
Old 13-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
As a spiritual writer wrote, it is but "a candle in the sun". How does it experience itself, when there was no way to distinguish it from the rest?

And so it chose to be what it is not...

To understand what it is...

Well... These are just my thoughts about it...
I agree to your point. But i am thinking why does soul should reincarnate again and again? One complete birth cycle is not sufficient to distinguish and understand?
Old 13-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Neville

I still don't understand the question. God is divine and all encompassing. God is Good and Compassionate, very loving. God is Vengeful and merciless. God is Vile and Cruel...... God is all that is extant, because all that is extant is an expression of creation.. God's handiwork.
Old 13-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
However it is never scripted that you do bad Acts. That is not the case at all. Neither is it scripted that you will do good actions. Good and bad actions at all times are CHOICES we make.

Agreed. But why the choices were made differently..Lets say personality A has chosen good actions and personality B has chosen bad actions. What is the attractive and repulsive force acting on A here towards good and the same for B towards bad?

I am not trying to debate or contradict. But just trying to reach till the roots of this topic.

Quote:
As to why the soul forgets that it the Universal Consciousness to begin with and gets lost in the world of matter - How this happens is not yet known, Vedanta says at the present time we do not know. Maybe in the future we may find out the answer.
Hope we get an answer soon///