Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 29-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music
When i am googling today, i found an intersting info about soul..It says
Laws + External Existence + Life + Consciousness =SOUL

where Laws are the set of rules framed in this universe.

How far we can trust this equation?

Sounds good to me! But the rules framed in this universe, hmmm are those moral laws and laws of physics? Also what is "External Existence" in the equation? Apart from those, life and consciousness sounds like a good combo to me for the Soul...
Old 29-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Sounds good to me! But the rules framed in this universe, hmmm are those moral laws and laws of physics? Also what is "External Existence" in the equation? Apart from those, life and consciousness sounds like a good combo to me for the Soul...
Even i am not clear what is the external existence that author is trying to convey here. Coming to laws i think its both moral as well as physics.
Here is the link where i got the info:
askaquestionto.us/question-answer/angels/what-is-soul
Old 29-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Sybilline

Hm :) I like where it says that "soul" was a law, and when it was given life and external existence it was differentiated from all other laws :)
Old 29-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Hm :) I like where it says that "soul" was a law, and when it was given life and external existence it was differentiated from all other laws :)
So whats the conclusion?
Old 29-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Sybilline

I doubt we can arrive at a conclusion... :( The best we can do I suppose is look into what other people think (because I think everyone has a diff view on this) and see what works for us... I don't know how to tell what's "right" from "wrong" in this sense... Maybe there is no right or wrong answer?
Old 31-05-2012, 07:45 PM
she who plays

RE:

I've given this some thought.

Some say that there is no soul, or that there is no individual consciousness. For a bit I considered that perhaps all that exists is 'THE' consciousness; a singular, incomprehensible beingness that is experiencing itself subjectively. It makes sense because if ego is illusion, then the only 'l' is God itself. Which takes all possession away, including individual past lives (We know they exist, but if there is no small 'I', how can they be ours?).

But then I thought, well we have free will and many personality/life differences which to me suggests individual consciousness (Soul) with a specific past. But the form of the soul to me is very fluid. It is like a ray of light. God is like a total sun. There is no clear seperation, yet there is. I think we lose our light when we get identified with matter. We gain it back when we become aware of its existence.

I think everything has consciousness in varying degrees. All the creatures and forms on earth are evolving to gain total God consciousness, or losing it by ignorance.

The Bhagvad Gita says God creates individual souls, and they have been in existence for ages. What I understand by this is that we became individually self aware at some point, lost awareness then gained it back again. Or something like that.

Why don't you try to become an animal yourself and see what consciousness it has? :-) It is possible. All the answers are inside you I am sure.
Old 31-05-2012, 08:03 PM
she who plays

RE:

We are light. Beingness is light. This is the energy-consciousness. Darkness is the other side of light, but it has no being of itself. Matter is void (Finished energy). We are inside darkness, but if we stay aware in the moment then we retain light and beingness; eternal life.
Energy is actually thought in motion. So the consciousness is still and empty but aware of everything.

That's what I've worked out so far anyway.

Edit:

When I say 'light' it is not sunlight. But I am out of my depth here anyway! Go find some books!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 AM
I hope this fits this thread - I wait for any opportunity to print
this bec I think it benefits anyone that reads it.
For me, it is pure logic...

The Lover and the Beloved

God is Love. And Love must love. And to love there
must be a Beloved. But since God is Existence infinite
and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself,
as the Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines He
loves.
Beloved and Lover implies separation. And separation
creates longing; and longing causes search. And the
wider and the more intense the search the greater the
separation and the more terrible the longing.
When longing is most intense separation is complete,
and the purpose of separation, which was that Love
might experience Itself as Lover and Beloved is fulfilled;
and union follows. And when union is attained, the Lover
knows that he himself was all along the Beloved whom he
loved and desired union with; and that all the impossible
situations that he overcame were obstacles which he
himself had placed in the path to himself.
To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is
impossible to become what you already are! Union is
nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

~ Meher Baba

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Master
How lovely Miss H, a great quote, thanks for sharing
Old 02-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Master
steiner put frorth an interesting idea that animals belong to a group soul, i.e. that lions are in essence one being. in this view an individual human is a species in its own right. perhaps one's soul "grows" as we go from mineral to vegetable to animal to human to species to planet to sun to solar system to galaxy and on..the original spark might come from a being that was at some "higher" point in the soul's evolution...like a spiritual birthing. perhaps it is inherent in the nature of matter.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."