Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 10-03-2012, 04:18 PM
storymaker

Hare Krishna!

Dear mistogan,

Thanks for your post.

Please do not feel sorry. It was my mistake or inability that because of my long absence I could not read all the posts. the thread initiating post by Honza had caught my eyes and I started writing.

However, if I may join Xan to share my views regarding your last post, I must tell you that cleaning up (Having bath, washing hands and feet, etc.) is for the body which helps just a little. More importantly, to pray successfully, cleaning up of mind is absolutely necessary. And it is again a very big question how you do and go about it. The best way is to become as simple as a small baby. Simplicity is the bathing water for cleansing your mind. It is easier said than done. Still we can try and the best way is to remember your Lord (If you want to call it chanting, O.K.) with love, faith and respect in everything you do, at all times. Very soon your mind will be as simple as a baby's. Then you go for praying and it will be answered.

Highest aim of spirituality as per Hinduism is not different from others. Descriptions by wordings are different but meaning is same. Knowingly or unknowingly we all, eventually, go back to where we come from. The aim is to liberate ourselves from all bindings and good or bad qualities , recognize ourselves as droplets of divine consciousness and merge into the paradise of the Ocean of Divine Consciousness.

Dear, I am sure Xan will join soon and enrich you with better knowledge.

Love and best wishes,

SM
Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistogan
Xan, you mentionned the highest aim of spirituality; what do you think about the aim of Hinduism ? I mean, each religion has a goal : paradise for christian, muslims; liberation of reincarnation for buddhists; But as far as I know, Hinduist want "just" a better future life (in better world/plane), is it correct ?

This depends on the individual, mistogan. As in any other religion some people want it for a better life in one way or another, while others go more deeply into their personal spiritual goals.

The highest aim among Hindus is for moksha - liberation,
freedom from the limitations of the ego-mind... by realizing the Atman as Brahman - our true Self.

Meditation is widely practiced among Hindus as among Buddhists, whatever one's spiritual aims.

Xan

Old 11-03-2012, 03:28 PM
mistogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymaker
I must tell you that cleaning up (Having bath, washing hands and feet, etc.) is for the body which helps just a little. More importantly, to pray successfully, cleaning up of mind is absolutely necessary.

Absolutely right. I mentionned taking bath, and washing hands and face, because I think its important. How to explain it ... We have our body, our mind, our conscience (tai chi and chi kong experts say physical body, etherical body, astral body etc...)
And as spirituality contain everything (every bodies), I assumed I have to clean my physical body, then as you said, clean my mind, then begin the worship. What do you say ?

Quote:
The aim is to liberate ourselves from all bindings and good or bad qualities , recognize ourselves as droplets of divine consciousness and merge into the paradise of the Ocean of Divine Consciousness.

Is it what people call moksha ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
The highest aim among Hindus is for moksha - liberation, freedom from the limitations of the ego-mind... by realizing the Atman as Brahman - our true Self.

you confirm what storymaker said .

thanks for sharing your thoughts :)
Old 11-03-2012, 11:12 PM
storymaker

Hare Krishna!

Originally posted by mistogen.....
.................................................. .................................................. ...............
I must tell you that cleaning up (Having bath, washing hands and feet, etc.) is for the body which helps just a little. More importantly, to pray successfully, cleaning up of mind is absolutely necessary.

Absolutely right. I mentionned taking bath, and washing hands and face, because I think its important. How to explain it ... We have our body, our mind, our conscience (tai chi and chi kong experts say physical body, etherical body, astral body etc...)
And as spirituality contain everything (every bodies), I assumed I have to clean my physical body, then as you said, clean my mind, then begin the worship. What do you say ?

Quote:
The aim is to liberate ourselves from all bindings and good or bad qualities , recognize ourselves as droplets of divine consciousness and merge into the paradise of the Ocean of Divine Consciousness.

Is it what people call moksha ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
The highest aim among Hindus is for moksha - liberation, freedom from the limitations of the ego-mind... by realizing the Atman as Brahman - our true Self.

you confirm what storymaker said .

thanks for sharing your thoughts :)
.................................................. .................................................. ................

Dear mistogen,

Thank you for your nice post.

What was not told in my last post, I must tell you that now. Cleanliness- like every other thing- is in your mind. If your mind thinks your body is clean it does not matter even if you have not taken bath for 100 years. Dear beautiful soul, as long as your body is in your mind you are bound to think and bother about the cleanliness of your body and then you must follow the acts of cleaning to satisfy and prepare your mind. But when the sense of the body is gone and mind is either elevated above the senses of the mundane world or the mind is filled and occupied with the thought of the Lord, you won't even think for a moment that your body is not clean. People with clean and pure mind do prayers, chanting, meditation, etc. when they are in the toilet, seating on a comode and even during their conjugal intimacy.

Dear beautiful mind, if your mind makes you uncomfortable that you are physically not clean then do everything to clean up yourself. But please, please do not get caught into the rituals (Must do this and that following books). Rituals are the biggest obstacles on your path of quest for Moksha.

Moksha, to my understanding, is making this life significant. Realisation of the purpose of this life. If we have all come from God then to reach and know him. If this is not my own house then to search for my own house and reach my own people. Everything perishes, everything is in transition, look for the One who does not perish and is permanent...eternal. Everybody and everything leaves you one day so, to reach the eternal being who never leaves you. That is Quest and its successful eventuality is Moksha.

Lots of love and best wishes,

SM
Old 14-04-2012, 12:27 PM
sarinmall

Demon was during the first stage of evolution(satya yuga). They said to have illusionary power and were non-civilized . so, they would do all the wrong and illicit things they want to do.. Today, terrorist can be called as a demon..