Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 09-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Not actions. Not his physical actions, but rather his presence in the spiritual world. His relationship with you in the spirit.

Egoic? Desiring to be worshipped? Disempowering of you to fuel his own appearance? What was the interaction?
Old 09-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Egoic? Desiring to be worshipped? Disempowering of you to fuel his own appearance? What was the interaction?

Yes, exactly that. Well observed. Also an insistence not to be ignored. If I tried to turn my attention elsewhere he would use force to make me pay attention to him.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Topology

I don't know about the eastern mentality and what's appropriate for a culture who is so giving up of themselves to worship someone. I could never give up my independence of thought and identity.

I think the time of avatars and the imbalance between people is past. People need to become the truth for themselves. It stunts a person's individual development to place another on such a high pedestal. And there is so much room for abuse when so many people give up their own power to fuel one person, amplifying that person's energetic intents. Nobody stopping to question whether the acts are in integrity.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Master
If it is just a person I wholely agree with you top. but my experience of baba is that he isnt just a person, and beleive me I was not ready to even believe in god, let alone avatars when baba came crashing thru the door (metaphysically).

The thing is the real concept of avatars as being god in human form, is an anthama to westerners and I completely understand why.
But the reason so many bent their knee to baba (and we are talking millions), was to them, considering him as god, they were standing before the divine. Thier faith in him was not hollow, they were given expereinces on an individual level to underpin that faith.
Even now saying this, to others who, with the greatest of respect, will probably never understand unless they too experience him, is hard.
there are still here in Leicester now houses where a holy ash grows off pictures of baba, where the ash manifests in the room as you sit there.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:17 PM
numerouno

However he predicted he would die at 92 or 96 yet he died at 84. His followers now say he was following the lunar calendar which is +/- 8 years ahead. Why are they saying this now when he made the prediction why wasn't the lunar calendar mentioned then.

Notice how he never cut his hair, it is said that a yogi never cuts his hair since that's where his strength lies. Remember the story of Sampson. Without a doubt an interesting a man, however the youtube clips of him making the vibhuti (holy ash) was shown to be a hoax. His next incarnation he calls himself "prem sai" or incarnation, he drew a picture of what he will look like ... the drawing looked like jesus.

Then I recall saint Matthew saying that Jesus's next appearance is not known....yet sai predicted he will incarnate after 8 years from his death date.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:32 PM
numerouno

He (sai baba) is not mentioned in bhaivasya purana in which all avatars are foretold. The last avatar was lord Buddha, who is accepted and not seen as part of the hindu mythology but a rather real personality who walked among us. It is said the next avatar is lord kalki the final one who appears on a white horse much like the rider on a white horse in bible.

Peace.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno
He (sai baba) is not mentioned in bhaivasya purana in which all avatars are foretold. The last avatar was lord Buddha, who is accepted and not seen as part of the hindu mythology but a rather real personality who walked among us. It is said the next avatar is lord kalki the final one who appears on a white horse much like the rider on a white horse in bible.

Peace.
You are right. I think we should talk about enlightenment of sai baba., everyone cannot be a avtar. An avtar never be old, and sick he have extra natural powers. He can alive a died person of animal etc.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 AM
mattie

Oneness With God Is Different From BEing God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
...I often wonder if I AM can turn totalitarian in extreme cases. What is to stop it? Calling oneself God can sound very totalitarian if you think about it.

It is a very useful area of discussion that you bring up about ‘Calling oneself God ... .’

That we are all connected w/ Oneness, manifestations of the Universe (God) doesn’t mean that we are at the same level as God (Universe). It means that we are a full active partner. The Universe (God) is at the 12D level (1-12D). We are generally in the range of 3D-5D, w/ some expanding into the 6D+ area.

Whether or not one is totalitarian is more in how one views one’s own energies. If one views one’s own views as right & others as wrong, & one as superior to all others being totalitarian might apply. One isn’t totalitarian just because one has attained an expanded level of consciousness. If one requires others to worship or be beholden to you that is very likely in the totalitarian category!

Totalitarian is, ‘adjective- of or relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state : a totalitarian regime.
noun- a person advocating such a system of government.’
Old 11-08-2011, 05:39 AM
mattie

Transitional Figure

More about Sai Baba in this very interesting article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba

Dying in 1918 puts him firmly in the Piscean era where the guru leader was the norm. We have moved past this centralized guru type model for a religion into the Aquarian era paradigm of the individual relying on their own internal guidance for direction w/ the message coming from countless people, the wisest of whom aren’t going to allow them to be looked at as guru figures.

That we are moving in to new energies doesn’t discredit those who did spiritual work in the past as gurus though. It just means that our spirituality is changing. This has happened throughout all of history if we take a look at how spirituality has been historically viewed.

In the above wikipedia article it notes that Sai Baba’s teachings were an eclectic blend of Hindu & Muslim beliefs. He could have been instrumental in unifying beliefs in that part of the world & helping move his people past just relying rigidly on one belief system. Many of those in the early stages of the New Age movement who merged organized religion’s beliefs w/ New Age ideas served the same purpose. While we may, in the context of our current level of spirituality consider these figures or their belief systems highly flawed it is very important to appreciate that they were instrumental & necessary to move people out of the separate religions they were in previously.

At his death a considerable amount of jewelry & cash was recovered, & there is a high likelihood that this may have been a problematic area, but that he may have been flawed personally or have encouraged destitute followers to contribute beyond their means is an issue, but doesn’t negate the positive things he did. All guru types are on their own journey too & aren’t mythical models of perfection. It may be that the lesson they have to learn is balancing power, fame & responsibility.

The wikipedia article notes some positive things he did for his people that would have been quite costly, so it wasn’t like he was just hoarding the gold.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Master
Sai Baba Tricks Completely Exposed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yblhsr1O4IQ